Erickson Project

To tie this back in with the topic of the thread...with the way the thread has gone south, I am starting to understand why the Erickson/Ketchum/NABS group(s) would rather not give the Sasquatch research community any consideration.

Some are by the "bigfoot experts" - John Green, Jeff Meldrum, John Bindernagle.....................

I just ordered one on the people. They're more fun than the rather boring bipedal ape doing apelike things.

LAL, I want to order that book, but hubby has about *had it* with my BF book purchases. I can't justify purchasing the book about the researchers.

I may sit on this book for a while, let hubby settle down, and then ask about spending more money on another book. Technically I'm using what I consider my money to pay for them, but still he has made his thoughts known. :(

Guest vilnoori

Lemme get this strate...er, straight. I just explained to you that I is slow, and you point out a typo of mine?

And yes Jodie, there is required reading for BF. That is, if a person wants to fully research BF or any other subject for that matter and arrive at an intellectually responsible and informed opinion. It's all over Uncle Google and supplemented by personal in-the-field research.

WTB1, Ronnie, all languages are in a constant state of change and are defined by usage, not the other way around. Maybe you guys should take it to PM. Oh, wait, is PM in the dictionary? "Private Message" I mean. LOL (laughing out loud, also not in a dictionary, brand new English defined by internet usage) get my point?

'SweetSusiq' wrote:

"When the ice storm knocked out our power for 2 weeks hubby was in his element.Yikes, That was a cold dark and quiet time with the little dogs inside my coat to keep them warm, and no TV, but a roaring fire going and enough light from our Aladdin Lantern for me to read by. We even cooked on the heater he kept going".

Lovely stuff Susi! The way you describe it I almost wish an ice storm would land on me!

Guest wadaguy

To tie this back in with the topic of the thread...with the way the thread has gone south, I am starting to understand why the Erickson/Ketchum/NABS group(s) would rather not give the Sasquatch research community any consideration.

.......my thoughts exactly!

Mysterious Kentucky (Mysterious Places from Whitechapel Press)

BM Nunnelly

Sold by: BooKnackrh (seller profile)

Big FootPrints: A Scientific Inquiry into the Reality of Sasquatch (Foot-Prints)

Grover S Krantz

Sold by: tandjsbooks (seller profile)

Bigfoot! : The True Story of Apes in America

Loren Coleman

Sold by: ---greatbookdeals (seller profile)

Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science

Jeff Meldrum, George B. Schaller

Sold by: bookloverswarehouse (seller profile)

Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science

Doug Hajicek

Sold by: Whitewolf Entertainment Inc. (seller profile)

Two of the items were DVDs. I purchased Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science in hardback and it is a beautiful book well worth the money in my humble opinion. I also ordered Yetti from Nat Geo which is a DVD. The DVD Cost almost 30 dollars with shipping but I still bought it. If I can learn more about this species from any source I would recommend these books. Some of the stories were written in a way to where the reader feels like the author is just talking to you, and others are more scientific like Sasquatch meets Science is geared more to the scientific facts yet so filled with pictures and comments that the book is a joy to read.

I seriously suggest trying a book by ordering it through your local library and then decide if you should wish to purchase it.

I just bought them all because I do wish to understand the research going on within the BF scientific community.

I'm still working my way through them.

Jodie, I will gladly mail you a book if you should wish to read one that your library may not be able to get for you.

I mean that very sincerely.

Why thank you Susie!!! I have an excellent public library here so I will request it. I'm not sure whether they will or not with all of our state budget cuts, but I'm sure I can find used copies on Amazon.

Thanks LAL- I think yours is a "must read" :)

I didn't know there was a required reading list for bigfoot? Did anybody else know? I must have missed that memo....Is the list located somewhere on this site? Who decided what was on it? Has it been approved by the non-existant bigfoot experts? :wacko:

I'm still laughing at this funny post. Thanks for the humor my friend.. :wub:

WTB1, Ronnie, all languages are in a constant state of change and are defined by usage, not the other way around. Maybe you guys should take it to PM. Oh, wait, is PM in the dictionary? "Private Message" I mean. LOL (laughing out loud, also not in a dictionary, brand new English defined by internet usage) get my point?

I'm dropping it brother, it's has gotten past silly to the point of immaturity, my apologies for helping to take it to this level.

Guest sasqo

So any date on when this project will be released.

My guess is: not in the near future :( Why? Because the people that are involved in this project seem to fight each other rather than working together.

But, we will see...

sasqo

I'm dropping it brother, it's has gotten past silly to the point of immaturity, my apologies for helping to take it to this level.

Good, let's drop it.

Guest bsruther

With all the talk of lawyers within this project/projects, it's made me think of a different reason for the DNA results not being revealed yet. I'm hoping someone here knows the answer to this question.

Once the peer review process is started, could litigation between authors or those involved with the paper, keep the paper from being published in a journal, until litigation is settled?