99% Sure Skeptics Don't Exist

I am now 99% sure skeptics do not exist. The 1% is because I have personally spoken to someone I think might be a real skeptic. And I've even read some skeptics' entire posts--well, ya know, most of the post sometimes.

The probability is just nil that any skeptic would waste his time here if they really thought sasquatches nonexistent. If I could,I'd hypnotize the skeptics and find out what they really think. Shucks, if they don't believe it's real, they needn't spend any time at all trying to prove it--you can't anyway--or trying to convince the believers they are wrong because if it's not real, what difference does it make? Come out of the closet, boys.

And I don't even "believe" some who have emailed me on here about the wrongness and erroneousnesses of our beliefs in bigfoot. I just think they've been mistaken. And what is with this malarkey of "well, I hope it's real, so I go around messing with people who saw one..." What a load. I gotta wonder, are they obsessed with bigfoot or with bigfoot believers?

I just put my fingers in my ears and go NAH NAH NANANANANAH real loud when the skeptics talk nowadays.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest RedRatSnake

That's a cool post KC and i can understand your opinion, i was once a believer and had trouble with the skeptic approach, i mean i knew i was right and no one could tell me any different, that was not limited to just BF but most things in my life i was involved in, i had my opinion and no one was going to change that, then slowly i started to change my habits as i became older, cut down on drinking, changed jobs, had a few new people come into my life cause of my children, made new friends, then it hit me, i lost out on so many new and cool things cause my mind was so closed and so afraid of change that i blocked everything out and only heard what i wanted too.

Tim :)

Sometimes it seems that there are more threads on questioning the intentions of skeptics than there is on discussing bigfoot.

Discussing bigfoot, or any subject about something not officially accepted by the scientific community is going to be loaded with opinions from both sides, so I'm thinking, how could you not have a discussion board without opposite thoughts or ideas to your own?

Ah, I see we have another 'why are the skeptics here' post. Hadn't seen one in nearly a month. Or was it a week... <scratches head>

Is there a particular skeptic that's threatening your Christmas cheer, or do you paint anyone that entertains skeptical thoughts about bigfoot with the same wide brush?

Only speaking for my skeptical self, but please don't assume you know what I think, and you certainly seem to have no idea how I think, so suffice to say I think you're paddling down the stream of misinformation when it comes to understanding skepticism.

RayG

Amazing how satire is such a poorly recognized art form these days.

I guess it's all those hours the skeptics have spent in the field, diligently working to help prove that bigfoot is real, that they feel slighted by sarcasm and satire. :wub:

what about us "skeptical proponents"?

ive got my reasons for thinking there may be something to the mystery, but a lot of what gets tossed out there for "proof" is pretty weak.

my theory on why some folks frequent such discussions is simple, apparently some people love a good argument, umm,errr, discussionhappy.gif

BF is the perfect argument, not yet proven, but hard to truly disprove.............so Presto,bam, there you have it, instant forum material, all hot & fresh out of the oven & ready to be served, enjoy!

Amazing how satire is such a poorly recognized art form these days.

You're right, even though I appreciate a good joke or pun, love word manipulators like George Carlin, and I'm a huge fan of just about anything John Cleese has done (Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, A Fish Called Wanda, etc.), I hadn't recognized the hilarious use of biting satire used so very often here on the BFF. (At least once a month). I also hadn't realized the BFF was in competition with Comedy Central.

I certainly didn't intend to impede the satirical presentation of the same tired old unimaginative 'why are skeptics here' argument. I say press on, continue to mock, ridicule, and toss ad homs, in the hopes that it solves the bigfoot mystery. Being skeptical I doubt it, but hey, it's certainly more entertaining.

RayG

And when BF is finally proven or disproven, it will ruin such fun debates. Why does the most hardened skeptic really care what the most convinced BF believer thinks and why do they post here so often?

Why does the most hardened skeptic really care what the most convinced BF believer thinks and why do they post here so often?

I can't tell if you're being serious. ;)

RayG

Guest COGrizzly

Kings Canyon - I hope that you have personally seen one. For those of us who have not, "we" have to be skeptical. Ever been skeptical about anything? Anything at all? I don't believe anything (almost anything) unless I actually SEE it, whatever it may be.

Except for Santa Clause.

Merry Christmas and enjoy the Holidays!