Ancient Giant Footprint

Guest toejam

Interesting Read about granite and impossible things:

Puma-Punku-in-Tiahuanaco

There are also many plausible theories about pourable granites and many other simillar type materials used in these type structures back in very ancient times. Even modern day epoxies that derive much of the fill material to stone or metals are indiscernible from ever having been in liquid form as all viscous material has been absorbed,hardened or evaporated. Just saying... But it is probably in reality just a fluke

Guest Wookie73

Pourable granite? mmmmmm, I'd like to see a geologists reaction to that. As far as Puma-Punku goes, I don't think that there's much mystery to it at all. They used diamonds and lots of time. Its amazing what we can do if we spend years and years at something.

Guest BlurryMonster

Interesting Read about granite and impossible things:

Puma-Punku-in-Tiahuanaco

There are also many plausible theories about pourable granites and many other simillar type materials used in these type structures back in very ancient times. Even modern day epoxies that derive much of the fill material to stone or metals are indiscernible from ever having been in liquid form as all viscous material has been absorbed,hardened or evaporated. Just saying... But it is probably in reality just a fluke

Most of the things you hear (usually from ancient astronaut people) said about Puma Punku are wrong. There's no granite at the site at all, let alone any that was poured; it's mostly sandstone. The blocks are also a lot smaller than those people would have you believe, they're a lot more recent, and there's nothing impossible about the carving.

Link with credible research

Edited by BlurryMonster

Yeah I agree , except there is no evidence of any straight 15' long diamond end mills or diamond tools for that matter at the site. Respected metallurgical engineers and geologists have determined also the rocks appear to be fused together (no mortar compounds) as if they were poured up against one another as they went along. The offsets were part of the artistic expression. Im not trying to be contrary :) I just think we all can say there are a great many things not (no pun) so written in stone.

incastonework-cuzco.jpg

That rounded corner is called a fillet, commonly used in poured mediums as corners tend to wash away and

are weak. Also note the granular appearance of the facing. That could be easily polished (with heat) to cause

a glass like facing

image027.jpg

sacsayhuaman_cusco_06.jpg

Most of the things you hear (usually from ancient astronaut people) said about Puma Punku are wrong. There's no granite at the site at all, let alone any that was poured; it's mostly sandstone. The blocks are also a lot smaller than those people would have you believe, they're a lot more recent, and there's nothing impossible about the carving. Link with credible research

Im not an ancient alien guy Im an Engineer(Metallurgical and I am a Master Pattern Maker)I don't think aliens

had anything to do with it to be honest.

The stones in Puma Punku are made up of granite, and diorite, and the only stone that is harder that those two, is the diamond. If the people who built this place cut these stones using stone cutting techniques, then they would had to have used diamond tools. (this info is not in dispute and can be also seen in my original link)However there are other materials out there as well and limestone and smaller stones are in that inventory. So we are all right on some level. Now is that thing really a foot... :P

I was always under the impression that the incan walls were made by abrading the stones either against each other or with sand. Two stones of the same material (granite) should be able to carve each other out pretty well. And most sand in the area would probably be from granite as well.

From the site Blurry Monster posted:

" Pumapunku's large blocks are a common red sandstone that was quarried about 10 kilometers away. Many of the smaller stones, including the most ornamental and some of the facing stones, are of igneous andesite and came from a quarry on the shore of Lake Titicaca, about 90 kilometers away. These smaller stones may have been brought across the lake by reed boat, then dragged overland the remaining 10 kilometers."

No diamond tools needed here either.

800px-Easter_Island_Ahu_%282006%29.jpg

Abstract rock sculpture courtesy of the weather:

weathering_rock2.jpg

Respected metallurgical engineers and geologists have determined also the rocks appear to be fused together (no mortar compounds) as if they were poured up against one another as they went along.

Could you please provide a reference for this claim? I'll even accept a Wiki article.

I have seen this looked into in depth in a BBC documentary, and they actually pulled a stone out of position to show the join. They are NOT fused together. There is no serious doubt that they were made by abrasion.

One guy was convinced they were made by focussing sunlight on the rock with concave mirrors, and melting the rock joints in situ! Laughable guff, I'm afraid, as is the concept of a liquid granite poured into a mould.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

Guest BlurryMonster

Im not an ancient alien guy Im an Engineer(Metallurgical and I am a Master Pattern Maker)I don't think aliens

had anything to do with it to be honest.

I didn't say you were, I just said that most of the disinformation about the site comes from them, including what's listed in the link you gave, and the things you've been saying about it.

The stones in Puma Punku are made up of granite, and diorite, and the only stone that is harder that those two, is the diamond. If the people who built this place cut these stones using stone cutting techniques, then they would had to have used diamond tools. (this info is not in dispute and can be also seen in my original link)However there are other materials out there as well and limestone and smaller stones are in that inventory.

Actually, that is in dispute; you would have known that if you would have read my link. The rocks in Puma Punku are mostly sandstone and andesite, both of which are softer than the rocks commonly claimed to me there. Even if there was granite at the site, diamonds wouldn't be needed to shape them; granite can't be rated on the Mohs scale (it's a composite), but its hardest mineral is quartz (a 7), and several minerals are harder than it. That's kind of beside the point, thought, because plenty of societies have shaped hard rocks (using softer ones) with abrasion techniques. Nothing "impossible" happened at that site.

Edited by BlurryMonster

I don't think anything I had posted had any reference to anything alien, or to anything "ancient alien", although I know there are many proponents that everything unexplained must be an alien.I dont personally subscribe to the ancient alien theories. I think one of my links may have had a youtube link to an ancient aliens episode from the History Channel show... though, which was just coincidence.

Heres a nice link:http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_6.htm

As for the other arguments...In fact I never disputed that rubbing 2 like materials (stone) together can also create the same effects. Fact is there is more than one way to skin a cat. I wouldn't be so minded as to blow off pourables as " Laughable guff" however but that's your prerogative, and just as soon as I'm able to post my (what I consider) reputable info. I certainly will. Love the link to that BBC documentary..or the name also. I can say the guy was a noted head of a reputable Engineering group and a manufacturer who went over there in , I want to say once in early 90s and again in like 2005 (tentatively). Ill get the info If I can re find it for yas.

This thread has gotten off topic , I dont really want to put forth anymore energy proving or disproving how other (to this day) fully unproven mysteries were accomplished or not. :o.

I don't see a mystery with the "footprint", myself. It's a shape caused by erosion possibly enhanced by some carving .

This is the one in Sri Lanka:

adamsfoot-large.jpg

"On the summit of the mountain is a boulder with a mysterious mark or indentation on it resembling a human footprint. Since from perhaps as early as the first century BCE the Sinhalese believed this mark to be the footprint of the Buddha himself. According to the Mahavamsa, the Buddha visited the island three times. During his last sojourn he flew from Kelaniya to Sri Pada, leaving the impression of his foot on the mountain top, and then left for Dighavapi. "

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/buddhistworld/sri-pada.htm