Height

Guest midnightwalker1

BFF Patron

LOL...Here we have a 21"x10" print WASRT found... This was one big boy and have had estimates this his height in the 11-12 foot range...

BFTrack1July82009-1.jpg

BFTrack3July82009-1.jpg

Hey TooRisky, ever since I first saw that print there is something about the half of a vibram boot sole print in the upper part of the print that has bothered me.

What happened to the rest of the boot print? Did the Sas. step on the boot print? Or, is it not a partial vibram boot print to begin with? Just curious?

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Just playing along . . .

foot length 10.5"

height: 74" (more like 73.5 these days as I'm aging . . .)

shoulder width: 22" even

Based on those numbers Saskeptic, I'd bet your foot width at the widest point is 4.25 inches. Chris B.

Just playing along . . .

foot length 10.5"

height: 74" (more like 73.5 these days as I'm aging . . .)

shoulder width: 22" even

Great googlie-mooglie, that's huge. :)

Which method did you use to get that shoulder measurement? I ask, because the method I had used earlier --cloth measuring tape held across my back-- resulted in numbers in excess of 23", whereas the --stand against the wall, mark the edge of shoulder, measure distance between marks--, gave a more reliable result.

RayG

Guest Lesmore

Just tossing this out there because I thought it was very interesting. I found a word document online from "Anthropometric Guidelines - Department of Defense Ergonomics Working Group, A table of measurments and guidelines developed and published by the DoD Ergonomics Working Group."

The direct link is found here, on a page filled with links to info on Anthropometry.

Unfortunately there's no data included to indicate how many subjects were measured, but here's a pic with the info I found most interesting:

anthroguide-1.jpg

According to their measurements, the average height for a man (line 9) is 68.7 inches, with only 5% of the population greater than 72 inches tall. If I stand really straight, I top out at 72 inches tall.

Line 24 shows that the average shoulder breadth on a man is 17.9 inches, with only 5% of the population having a shoulder breadth greater than 18.8 inches. My bare shoulders are more than 2 inches wider at a whopping 21.5 inches, and I have no idea what percentage of the population would fit into that category.

The last category that I found interesting was foot length, with the average length being 10.5 inches, with only 5% having feet greater than 11.2 inches in length. My feet are 11.5 inches.

So, while my height is right at the cutoff for the 95th percentile, and my feet are slightly longer, my shoulders are a great deal larger, and demonstrates the problem with trying to take average measurements and applying them to the general population.

RayG

I must be getting close to Bigfoot territory :D ...my shoulder width is 23 inches, my foot length is 12 inches, my height is 6' 3 1/2 "....must be my ancestry...mostly early Canadian Prairie pioneers from Scottish stock.

But when I think about it.... we we're never sure about Uncle Ed from the pacific northwest, in British Columbia.....he always seemed to be overly big and hirsute, compared to the rest of the family. :blink:

Les

Yes, the method I settled on was to stand with my back flat against the wall and have someone put a pencil mark at the top of each arm at the edge of my shoulder. I then used a tape measure to measure the distance between each mark, and it was 21.5".

RayG

Sounds like you measured your biacromial breadth. If so, your shoulder breadth (i.e., bideltoidal breadth) is perhaps 4in broader.

Pteronarcyd

Les,

My casual observation, reinforced by this thread, is that there seems to be a disproportionate number of big guys, me amongst them, who are interested in the topic of bigfoot. Any idea why that might be?

Pteronarcyd

Guest Lesmore

Les,

My casual observation, reinforced by this thread, is that there seems to be a disproportionate number of big guys, me amongst them, who are interested in the topic of bigfoot. Any idea why that might be?

Pteronarcyd

I don't know, however it would be an interesting question if that is the case. There is that old saying that there is always a reason for everything, it's just a case of checking it out, until the reason becomes apparent.

Les

Great googlie-mooglie, that's huge. :)

Which method did you use to get that shoulder measurement? I ask, because the method I had used earlier --cloth measuring tape held across my back-- resulted in numbers in excess of 23", whereas the --stand against the wall, mark the edge of shoulder, measure distance between marks--, gave a more reliable result.

RayG

I did against the wall shoulder marking. I need a 43-long in a jacket to accommodate my shoulders and be long enough for my arms. The problem is that my 32" waist means that I've got, as you mentioned earlier for yourself, a lot room in the jacket below the shoulders!

You were close on the foot width, Chris: looks like an even 4".

Guest midnightwalker1

I did against the wall shoulder marking. I need a 43-long in a jacket to accommodate my shoulders and be long enough for my arms. The problem is that my 32" waist means that I've got, as you mentioned earlier for yourself, a lot room in the jacket below the shoulders!

You were close on the foot width, Chris: looks like an even 4".

Crap 32 inch waist? I don't even remember that measurement. Those days are long gone. I am 11 inches on the foot and about 21-22 inches at the shoulders.

Crap 32 inch waist? I don't even remember that measurement. Those days are long gone. I am 11 inches on the foot and about 21-22 inches at the shoulders.

The Saskeptic likes to eat well and get regular exercise. This is increasingly important as he slides inexorably toward geezerville.

• 2 years later...
Guest OntarioSquatch

^lol

Dr. Ketchum's new spokesperson (Robin Lynne) claims the biggest one she has seen was about 12 feet tall. Robin Lynne is an alleged habituator btw. I just hope she isn't the next Janice Carter.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest MrMudder

I haven't read this entire thread yet but, it does amaze me of something that's at least 6ft or 7ft tall walking the woods. I'm 6ft barefoot, and that's a bit tall in my opinion. I rarely meet people taller than me, and when I do, I think to myself, "Wow, you're tall, dude." 7ft is outrageous. 8ft+ is crazy outrageous. I can't fathom anything more than 7 or 7.5ft tall walking on 2 legs in the woods that is not human (plus the muscle mass and weight involved) but, I only assume that it's been done before on Earth. Anything past 8 or 9ft, that's just nutzoid as a species. I have an open mind. The black silhouette that I saw at 3 or 4am in a cemetery when I was a teenager, while I was taking a shortcut on foot, was at least 6ft, and stocky, and ran like a champ down a hill that any human would've tripped over -- I always dismissed it as a ghost until I started Googling "bigfoot" this year, then all my episodes started to add up as I read more and more.

Edited by MrMudder

I've only seen one print like that in the leaves. It was monstrous and hard to imagine until you see it (or until you see the one that laid it). That's a nice shot of a huge print. Honestly, I'd lean towards 12'

Was that your print above it? I was surprised that the human sized print seemed to leave a much deeper imprint.