Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

I think 'tex answered the question well. It most definitely was not a "trail" in the sense of a game trail, well defined. If you were to characterize the breaks as marking a trail (which I'm not) the "trail" would be 30'-40' wide across the creek bottom and fairly regular along the way. There were multiple ways to pick through the cedar trees. As 'tex said, it's more of pathway or avenue that's easier to walk through than the sides of the ravines or walking along the tops of the small ridges.

I'd also state that the majority of these breaks were between 5' to 7' as they seemed mostly around shoulder to above-head height. It's true that some of them were upwards of 10' high, but those weren't as frequent as the lower ones.

I should have mentioned the lower breaks that Shado did, but when it comes to tree limb breaks/formations......I am always very skeptical. The lower breaks certainly made the trek through the 'pathway' easier, and something you would expect for anything traveling through there. But the high breaks were just odd, and followed the path of the lower breaks. Shado mentioned there weren't very many at the 10' level, but I counted at least 34 on my first hike through there, far too many for chance in my opinion, and is why it got my attention in the first place.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

post-137-091777000 1299300037_thumb.jpg

Bigtex, I just wanted you to know I find almost the same type of twists/breaks here in Ky as you described from your area. Looks like your top pic matches mine pretty well too. Both are broken about the same distance from the trunk of the tree. Chris B.

@Bigtex - I meant as a percentage of the breaks total. There were easily hundreds of breaks through the creek bottom for the few miles that we traveled it. 30 out of 200 is 15%. Statistically small. In relative terms you are right, there were quite a few of them.

Keep it coming BT, amazing. It is very nice to be able to hear and see what you are experiencing. ALL your work is appreciated. Anybody who gets bent out of shape regarding what you are doing.. just consider the source. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Good to be back home.....have been on Spring Break with my brother and combined 9 children. It was fun, but soooooooo glad to be back!

I'll be hitting the Hills this weekend, and will report back anything interesting.

Been out a few times this week, but nothing interesting to report.

After many weeks of planning my next Brazos River trip, the stars , moon, and planets have finally lined up......i.e. the wifey said I could go!

Anyway, should be a fun and hopefully interesting time this weekend - PLEASE no rain......Shado will miss you dude!

Guest tracker

You never know about entering a public Forum, there are some real crazies out there. Our Mods at this Forum are doing an excellent job keeping any trouble makers in check, but other places......well, not so much. I had posted a Video here on page 3, 'Bigfoot Shack Part 2' on YouTube so I could post it here.......did anyone find it offensive in any way? I have received emails from a group of bigfoot nuts who are trashing me and the video, laced with colorful metaphors, and insults. I mean this one guys rant is just crazy. If anyone liked the video, give me a thumbs up or make a comment. If you don't like it, give me the thumbs down, and some meaningful comments, minus the metaphors:)

Hey BT don't worry about the boneheads out there that display their ignorance and cowardice by hiding behind their user names in forums when they attack others. It takes alot to get out there and really search then risk sharing your adventures in public. I'll come search with you anytime and when we bring back a skull or live footage we will just share it with our friends here at BFF.

That PO me a bit hearing about the verbal attacks on you. Give me one minute with those eh-holes in the woods and i'll adjust their attitudes permanently. tracker. :mad:

Thanks Tracker......appreciate the support, and you can watch my back anytime in the wilds!

Speaking of which.......had a great time on the Brazos River this past weekend. Went with an old grade school buddy, and was certainly more of a camping trip than a 'BF Trip'. In fact, I didn't take any of my BF gear, no recording, video, or anything else. I was looking everywhere for sign though, and hiked through the trail where Shado had made a cast several months before. The track-way he found was still visible, and there was another fresher very nice huge print, but it didn't photograph well at all.

Here are some pictures of the river where we camped, and some odd 'gifts' left for me and my buddy - TURDS! There is a trail that goes through camp, and about 50 yards out on both sides leading out of camp in opposite directions, piles of huge poop deposited right on the trail. Didn't notice them when we got there, but did before we left.......what critter was leaving a message like that? And it WAS a message, no doubt. It looked like huge human poop in form, but with grass, plant material, some kind of small berries, and bone fragments........not a processed diet for sure. Nope, didn't collect any of it either.

I think other BF people have been to the camp since I was there last......found empty cans with small rocks inside, attached along a line, around the parimeter of the camp site. Who else would do that?

post-193-004720900 1301327841_thumb.jpg

post-193-014996500 1301327862_thumb.jpg

post-193-010659900 1301327884_thumb.jpg

post-193-038055800 1301327936_thumb.jpg

post-193-080875600 1301327959_thumb.jpg

Sorry I've been out of touch recently, 'tex. Work's been killing me.

I had a question though, why would BF researchers hang cans with rocks in them around the campsite? Also seems weird if you haven't taken any other BF's there (besides myself and UPs) - how would anyone know it was there? Kinda weird.

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic