Jump to content
Bigtex

Need Help In Central Texas.........

Recommended Posts

SWWASAS

Charcoal is used in humans and animals to treat poisons and food poisoning.     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigtex

IMO it was used to make fire by someone, the ember logs are coming from someones place in town, and carried out to the woods. Plenty of folks around here, myself included, have outdoor fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NorthWind
15 minutes ago, Bigtex said:

IMO it was used to make fire by someone, the ember logs are coming from someones place in town, and carried out to the woods. Plenty of folks around here, myself included, have outdoor fires.

But carried out to the woods for what reason? That's what I find so head scratching. 

 

I am aware of the value of charcoal (activated, anyway) for poison absorption in humans, or even water purification, but do animals exhibit this type of behavior? Has anyone observed a normal critter ingesting or using the stuff? I know hardwood ashes and water will make a lye solution, but...

Hmm. Puzzling. Maybe I am just thinking too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS
7 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

But carried out to the woods for what reason? That's what I find so head scratching. 

 

I am aware of the value of charcoal (activated, anyway) for poison absorption in humans, or even water purification, but do animals exhibit this type of behavior? Has anyone observed a normal critter ingesting or using the stuff? I know hardwood ashes and water will make a lye solution, but...

Hmm. Puzzling. Maybe I am just thinking too much.

Is bigfoot a normal creature?   They have been observing mankind for millenia and probably if NA used charcoal for medicinal purposes they would know about it.    I seem to recall one of my daughters dogs decided chewing charcoal made it feel better.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigtex

Carried out to the woods to start a fire is one reason, I've found them, and one sites pictured above. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NorthWind
25 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Is bigfoot a normal creature?   They have been observing mankind for millenia and probably if NA used charcoal for medicinal purposes they would know about it.    I seem to recall one of my daughters dogs decided chewing charcoal made it feel better.   

Normal, no. LOL

 

What kind of ailment did her dog suffer from?

18 minutes ago, Bigtex said:

Carried out to the woods to start a fire is one reason, I've found them, and one sites pictured above. 

A BF carrying a smoldering log? Strange things happen in the woods.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JKH

Really amazing, I wish you'd drop an audio recorder out there. Guess the guys who think we can't find or study them haven't gotten your memos. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigtex

Hey JKH.....funny you should mention an audio recorder.....I bought a really good one several years ago, very small, sound activated, and about $200. I made the stealthiest wrap I could and hid this thing extremely well, it was under some rocks, really was proud of myself for concealing it so well....NOT! Oh they found it the first night, took all the wrapping of the recorder in a way that took a lot of strength, threw that on the ground, and took the recorder. I posted about this a few years back......they ended up punishing me over this and quit coming around the gift tree for almost a year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JKH

They can dish it out...I tend to think they usually don't know or care what audio recorders are about. I barely camo mine, only enough for humans. When I started out, I left my Sony (nice) out facing up most of the time. It had a small red light when recording. One time I turned it over so the light was down. That time, there was a series of taps over a couple of hours as if testing was being done. Never had one taken! You must have been observed or sensed somehow and they don't like tricks. Maybe try again, but just leave it out and turn it on before you go. Mine will record for many hours, so you can definitely get one or two nights worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS
1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

Normal, no. LOL

 

What kind of ailment did her dog suffer from?

A BF carrying a smoldering log? Strange things happen in the woods.

 

I dog was always eating something weird it found outdoors.    Taking it for a walk was a challenge to keep it from gobbling down anything on the way.    Most of the time it would make it throw up.   Charcoal seemed to settle its stomach.     It got into some chocolate once and the vet gave it charcoal too. 

 

Man used fire for thousands of years before learning how to make it from scratch.      Lightning fires or wild fire embers would be carried around.    One movie was about the fire carrier one tribe had.   It was a very bad thing when he tripped and fell into a stream and put out the tribes fire source.  Would be much like us forgetting to pay our natural gas bill.    Of course I don't have that anyway.   I just have to pay the power bill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NorthWind
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I dog was always eating something weird it found outdoors.    Taking it for a walk was a challenge to keep it from gobbling down anything on the way.    Most of the time it would make it throw up.   Charcoal seemed to settle its stomach.     It got into some chocolate once and the vet gave it charcoal too. 

 

Man used fire for thousands of years before learning how to make it from scratch.      Lightning fires or wild fire embers would be carried around.    One movie was about the fire carrier one tribe had.   It was a very bad thing when he tripped and fell into a stream and put out the tribes fire source.  Would be much like us forgetting to pay our natural gas bill.    Of course I don't have that anyway.   I just have to pay the power bill.  

 

Thanks. And funny you mention it. My dog got into the chocolate truffles that we had at Christmas. Of course, it was the weekend, so our normal vet was closed. I learned that you can give a dog 3% hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting if the product ingested happened less than an hour ago. 1 teaspoon per ten pounds of dog. Shot it down his throat with a needleless syringe. Barfomatic not long after. 

 

Sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread, BigTex. 

 

BigTex, I have left audio recorders out as well. Non-camoed. Got some tapping as well. I think JKH is right. They don't like to be tricked, but if you just leave it out, you're good. 

 

Maybe. :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacemonkeymafia
4 hours ago, NorthWind said:

But carried out to the woods for what reason? That's what I find so head scratching. 

 

I am aware of the value of charcoal (activated, anyway) for poison absorption in humans, or even water purification, but do animals exhibit this type of behavior? Has anyone observed a normal critter ingesting or using the stuff? I know hardwood ashes and water will make a lye solution, but...

Hmm. Puzzling. Maybe I am just thinking too much.

My dogs get into my backyard fire pit and eat the charcoal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigtex

Love the dog talk, what would we do without our best friends? Mine were just regular dogs until Lulu showed up and taught them how to manipulate humans....it's pretty funny what they have learned from her, but drives me crazy sometimes too! Since my divorce last year, she thinks she's the Queen of the house, and a real bed-hog.....or bed-wolf?

1-Lulu.jpg

Yeah, my X didn't like any of this Bigfootery I was doing, and not supportive at all, had to be a Closet-footer.....my next lady has to be into it, at the very least, gotta drag her out there for bait (just kidding:)....lol, good luck finding that diamond in the ruff:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman

There have been reports of Bigfoot playing with fires and embers. One was in the 1800s in California.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

Some modern camp encounters the BF appear to be making the fire flare up after the humans go to bed.      I am guessing that is teen BF messing with the fires.    Like a young human child often does,  BF may mess with fire without really understanding what they are doing.    I know I did some stupid stuff with fire when I was a little kid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...