Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Hey BRB....good to hear from you:) This poor young buck was nearby, within 20 feet, don't think it was killed there, no drag marks, and a fresh kill.

1D.jpg

1D (2).jpg

Let me have a bit of 'BF Tunnel Vision' on the deer kill above, I really try to refrain from blaming everything on the hairyman, but this was weird.......the red line shows the spine, and the 90 degree break in the middle of if it, with the blow coming from above, and looks like it took a massive blow or BF judo chop

658824499_1D(2)_LI.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bigtex said:

Hey BRB....good to hear from you:) This poor young buck was nearby, within 20 feet, don't think it was killed there, no drag marks, and a fresh kill.

1D.jpg

1D (2).jpg

Let me have a bit of 'BF Tunnel Vision' on the deer kill above, I really try to refrain from blaming everything on the hairyman, but this was weird.......the red line shows the spine, and the 90 degree break in the middle of if it, with the blow coming from above, and looks like it took a massive blow or BF judo chop

658824499_1D(2)_LI.jpg

Very interesting!

I need to start on this thread from page 1 and get caught up on your activity.

That pile in your boma looks like a section of intestine from something, rather than scat. Still odd, sitting there like that.

Dang, pretty gross. There's plant material in it, at least. I remember when they found your recorder. Maybe a camera on Lu is not exactly safe, since they haven't appreciated your past tricks.

I absolutely do, and working on a 'Wolf-cam' for her to wear, but she has so much thick hair, the regular dog cams I have tried don't work....working on some other set-ups, any ideas out there?

@Bigtex

You can you a gopro and the harness for your dog. That is what i did with my German shepherd and it worked fine. The other thing that i did with him was placed a walkie talkie so that i could communicate with him. The good About the gopro is that i have the hero5 and i can watch it through my Iphone through bluetooth while it is recording. If you have the money you can hook up a gps unit to your dog in case some thing bad happens. This way you can retrieve your dog and mark it's position on your gps receiver. Just throwing out some idea's. No one want's to loose their dog which are their best friend and team mate out in the field.

By the way you have allot of good evidence in your area of research.

I've talked about my main area in the past near my home, these are 'Urbanfoots' that i am following, and I am sure this is happening in many places, specially small towns....the wildlife has certainly urbanized, why not the top predator, easy pickings too? Anyway, IMO they only tolerate me because I respect their privacy and never bring or leave any techy stuff out there, they are messing with me, so they might even like me again, certainly sending them that strong vibe, and what's not to like about Lulu? Here's a nice wolfy kiss, she must have some French wolf in her, lol.

A-Lulu.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Went to my boma the other day, and the mystery 'pile' was gone without a trace, no tracks or scrapes - nothing. What was left in it's place were these 4 Sotol leaves, 3 were months old, 1 about a week old, and a fresh twig of Juniper on top, I'll save my opinions, but was certainly weird. I already had this paperweight out there, so put it over there as an acknowledgement:) 

1S.jpg

2S.jpg

Maybe it wasn't poop......which has a tendency to stay around and decay naturally over time. Here's a pile near my boma that's around 2 years old, and only the hair left, still formed in poopy logs. As far as the Sotol being left there, they do it all the time in many different locations, and seems a bit deliberate knowing I will find it. They surely must have observed me taking pics of their discards, so maybe it's become their 'Kilroy was Here' calling card to me, hmmmm, makes me wonder for sure.

3poop.jpg

Forgot to mention that the hair in the old poop pile looks like wild hog, usually the Coyotes can't handle those, so was probably something bigger.

I wonder if it wasn't something regurgitated, it kinda had that look with the leaves in it, like when a cat or dog chews grass and barfs. Just larger scale, ha ha! I noticed a juniper twig next to the original pic, also. Always something interesting out there. Happy holidays!

Hey JKH....it might be, certainly nasty! Here's a pick of Lulu sniffing the ground by where the pile was, and she carefully covered the entire area......if you look at the red circle, you'll see the 3 old Sotol leaves previously pictured and appeared next to the pile in the original pic (added below again). The next time I went over there, a 4th and fresher Sotol leaf was added, and shown again, subtle but weird. Also, and while on the subject of poop, here's one of those interesting animal things.....the tree pictured is strategically situated where it has a good view of game travel down in this major creek, which is now dry. There's a flat area up in the tree with lots of poop old & new, something marking its turf I would assume, probably a Racoon. 

2B-poop.jpg

2C-poop.jpg

2D-poop.jpg

1P-1.jpg

1P-2.jpg

1P-3.jpg

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic