Mission Hoax

MagniAesir

Don't hold your breath.

Rene' died nearly a decade ago. Apr. 2001.

Rene Quesnel the hoaxer not Rene Dahinden the researcher

Edited by MagniAesir

Rene Quesnel the hoaxer not Rene Dahinden the researcher

Any relationship with the community of Quesnel?

Is this one of the individuals who claimed a hoax on the radio talk show?

Is this one of the individuals who claimed a hoax on the radio talk show?

Yes he was one of the three confessed hoaxers

Yes he was one of the three confessed hoaxers

Any relationship with the community of Quesnel?:

The name derives from Jules Maurice Quesnel, who accompanied Simon Fraser on his journey to the Pacific Ocean.

That is a very unique name, and uniquely French. This "hoaxer" may have a very deep and old relationship with the area, and thus a very good understanding of the history of the phenomenon.

For hoaxing, or for claiming a hoax..................

There is no "Quesnel" in Alaska. Or Thailand. Or Ireland. Or Egypt. Or Alabama. Or even China.

But there is in BC, near where this hoax is supposed to have occurred.

Yes he was one of the three confessed hoaxers.

Is there any relationship with the community of Quesnel?

If this was a hoax, it should be easily shown to be such. The burden of proof is much lower than that of establishing a new species, especially a new species/sub-species of humanity.

So show me. Tell me more about Rene Quesnel. Tell me about his relationship with the town of Quesnel, BC.

It works both ways.

BTW, please produce these supposed photos of the suit.

Thanks.

Edited by masterbarber
Removal of language that could be viewed as disrespectful

Is there any relationship with the community of Quesnel?

The sum total of what I know about Rene is that he is a cousin of one of my friends and that he lives in Port Moody.

I have not claimed to make any other investigations than

Asking his cousin to contact him

Talking to Thomas Steenburg and reviewing his file

And detailing my memory of the events

If you think I have stated a deeper investigation then that, I am sorry but that is not the case.

The book with the photo in it is owned by Mr. Steenburg, not myself.

Feel free to add any information you may have. If you think some relationship between the town of Quesnel and a person living in Port Moody has anything to do with a Sasquatch hoax near Lake Erock please explain as I would love to hear it

How does a 5'11" 165 lb man appear to be 7' tall and 300 lbs?

I think the hoax might be a hoax.

I don't think the bus driver would make up a story like this and risk his job. And for the passengers, thinking sasquatch is a man in a monkey suit is a common reaction to an otherwise inexplicable event.

How does a 5'11" 165 lb man appear to be 7' tall and 300 lbs?

I think the hoax might be a hoax.

I don't think the bus driver would make up a story like this and risk his job.

I'm also suspect of the hoax allegations. Someone has stated that Rene Dahinden mentioned a suit and even photographed it.

If that photograph and a quote from his writing is produced, or an RCMP reference documenting the existence of the suit, I can easily accept a hoax. Until then, it's "he said, she said". Testimony.

Edited by masterbarber

Feel free to add any information you may have. If you think some relationship between the town of Quesnel and a person living in Port Moody has anything to do with a Sasquatch hoax near Lake Erock please explain as I would love to hear it

If Kit can do it to Gimlin/Patterson, why can't others do it to alleged hoaxers? Especially if they can't prove their allegations?

It works both ways.

Edited by masterbarber

There is no "Quesnel" in Alaska. Or Thailand. Or Ireland. Or Egypt. Or Alabama. Or even China.

Not sure I see what your point is Huntster. Can you flat out explain what everyone else seems to be missing? Thanks.

RayG

Not sure I see what your point is Huntster. Can you flat out explain what everyone else seems to be missing? Thanks.

RayG

By the numbers:

1) One of the alleged hoaxsters name is Quesnel

2) Quesnel is not a common name

3) There is a community in BC by the name of Quesnel

4) The community's name derives from Jules Maurice Quesnel, who accompanied Simon Fraser on his journey to the Pacific Ocean in about 1808

5) I'm interested in this alleged hoaxter, and wonder what his relationship to the community might be. An ancestor of Jules Maurice Quesnel, perhaps?

Edited by masterbarber

I'm still not sure I follow. Haven't had any coffee today, and I think it's muddling my brain.

I'm getting from this that you think it odd that someone named Quesnel would be living in Quesnel. Is that it?

I live in Kingston. There are thirteen listings in the phone book showing Kingston as a last name. Spooky or what?

I grew up not far from a village in Nova Scotia, named for one of the first residents to that specific area, (JohnG - 1784), who has the same last name I do. Nearly 200 years later, A woman with the same last name purchased the house JohnG had lived in there. It's located on a road with the same last name, not far from a lake with the same last name. Nothing unusual about it.

RayG