Things That Dont Make Sense About Bigfoot

Xion, this reminds me of an incident that happened in one of the most productive spots I've ever been in. A fellow researcher was walking a relatively unused trail uphill towards a small but dense pine grove near a river when he was growled at fiercly by something in that grove of pines, he was alone and high tailed it right past the rest of the group white as a sheet. He said the growl was not unlike what a large angry primate would do.

Imagine this.. makes you think twice about entering cover.. it was always a worry when I was in grizz country, so I have a special appreciation for those of you out there who are.

I prefer quiet but with bear that is not such a great idea. For these guys in this case it does not sound like it either. Good points Xion. SY Can I ask what time of day or night that was when tht situation happened ? Now with more cat, bear and possibly these big fellas, expeditions in certain parts of the country seem to get a bit more intense regarding the term watch. So.. I guess what does not make sense here to me is... how can I be secretive and get close to wildlife for observation and possible pic taking or just not disturbing anything if I need to be watching constantly for grizzly? Or sleeping sasquatches ?

Edited by treeknocker

Bigfoot Definitive Guide.. for the most part, fun informative and interesting. I understand the introduction of the idea of the Squomish shamans being sasquatches, but I do have a problem with the size factor from the people I know who have had experiences. So.. ThAT does not make sense to me. (NEITHER does the physicality of the creatures movement patterns or accompanying strength.) They unlike Patty, are not 1,900 and some pounds. Which is another thing I STILL do not equate with even an 8 foot unidentified upright bipedal hairyperson.if Patty is one..was one..(which I am inclined to go along with.)...

Edited by treeknocker

Guest Greldek

I use a "bear bell" when in grizzly country, which is just a little bell you hook to the outside of your pack that jingles constantly. The old joke goes:

"How do you tell when a grizzly has seen a hiker?"

"How?"

"There's a bell in it's $@*#!", or the alternate ending, "Instead of growling, it's stomach jingles.".

I don't think most hikers hike with their heads down, if you're used to being out in the woods and on the trails it's not hard to keep walking without watching where you step on every step.

Guest Greldek

Also one thing that doesn't make sense to me, is, if it is all a hoax, why haven't we seen more and more hoaxers coming forward?

With all the major hoaxes we get multiple people who are in on it, bragging about it later. From UFO's to crop circles, sure there are those that do come forward, or get "caught" and eventually own up to it, but w/ the number of reportings vs the number of people who come forward, it seems way off in comparison to others.

Edited by Greldek

Also one thing that doesn't make sense to me, is, if it is all a hoax, why haven't we seen more and more hoaxers coming forward?

Who is saying it's all a hoax?

And sometimes when hoaxers do come forward, they aren't believed. Like when Doug Bower and Dave Chorley confessed to making crop-circles...

• The crop circle industry proved surprisingly resilient in the face of these confessions. One researcher, Pat Delgado, who had co-written a book on the subject, gave up in disgust. Most of the others, however, kept soldiering on, claiming that Doug and Dave couldn’t have been responsible for all of the crop circles that had appeared worldwide. The two old gents, of course, had never made that claim, but they believed their efforts had inspired imitators elsewhere. The “experts†claimed that, while some of the crop circles were undoubtedly hoaxes, at least some were genuine. Some even advanced the claim that the Doug and Dave story might have been part of a deliberate disinformation campaign being orchestrated by MI5 to conceal the reality of the British government’s contact with the aliens.

RayG

Greldek, in Alaska, a friend of mine was involved in fish management. In his surveys, he too wore the bell. Had no problem and never saw a grizz even though the entire field season from spring to fall, he saw fresh grizz sign.

Kind of amazing. Also I agree.. we don't see the hoaxers at the same level the reports come in..

Guest Kronprinz Adam

It is a fact that Humans are the only creature of this planet that cannot survive in it's natural envorment... Makes ya wonder huh... OH PS birds have hallow bones so they can with stand cold(er) temps...

Hi, for sure, the hair helps a lot, and it is possible that the ones living in northern latitudes, maybe they have some fat layers on their bodies...

Guest ThePattyArcade

How come there seem to be so many different types of Bigfoot?

For example, there are reports of brown, white, black and reddish coloured Sasquatch. Some people describe seeing Sasquatch that look more human than ape, and vice versa.

Are they like humans in that they show a great deal of variety within a single species? Or could there be several different races of giant ape inhabiting North America? :huh:

How come there seem to be so many different types of Bigfoot?

For example, there are reports of brown, white, black and reddish coloured Sasquatch. Some people describe seeing Sasquatch that look more human than ape, and vice versa.

Are they like humans in that they show a great deal of variety within a single species? Or could there be several different races of giant ape inhabiting North America? :huh:

Hi there TPA, good question. I think you hit it.. they are like humans in hair variation apparently. So it is kind of like a blonde, brunette or redhead..I have talked to a friend who said a white one was seen that was not very big. I have heard of tan ones and some with multicoloration in their hair, perhaps salt and pepper or more black and brown together... and a lot of brownish red or reddish brown. Take your pick. If they exhibit similarity to the color change of some tropical great apes like gorilla the immature may be more reddish in color. As they age they may get darker.. is it possible that some gray? or even turn white with old age ? Questions to be answered! The variety you describe has been suggested .. in a comparison with humans. I think all the things you mentioned might be possible because sometimes all the descriptions just do not make sense !!! lol. That is my opinion of things anyway. Interesting !

Guest ThePattyArcade
Hi there TPA, good question. I think you hit it.. they are like humans in hair variation apparently. So it is kind of like a blonde, brunette or redhead..I have talked to a friend who said a white one was seen that was not very big. I have heard of tan ones and some with multicoloration in their hair, perhaps salt and pepper or more black and brown together... and a lot of brownish red or reddish brown. Take your pick. If they exhibit similarity to the color change of some tropical great apes like gorilla the immature may be more reddish in color. As they age they may get darker.. is it possible that some gray? or even turn white with old age ? Questions to be answered! The variety you describe has been suggested .. in a comparison with humans. I think all the things you mentioned might be possible because sometimes all the descriptions just do not make sense !!! lol. That is my opinion of things anyway. Interesting !

Thanks for the replies to all my questions :) Do you think that the wild man, skunk ape, sasquatch, and grassman are all the same animal with just different names?

I don't know because you can't really judge by appearance. Look at humans, we have a wide variation of how we look but very little genetic variation.

Guest uprightchimp

well, I feel that there could be @ least 2 different types of bigfoot considering the over-all size of the north american continent, @ let's not forget possible inbreeding that must occure within some regional groups in various areas (like how'bout some of the known 3 & 4 toe footprints that have been found in different areas of the country?)that alone tells me that this is going on to some extent. & then there's the very different facial features that have been documented in nation wide sighting reports (all 4 corners) from purly ape-like to almost human in appearence not to mention the range of hair colors that you folks are talking about. I can tell you all ( in my opinion that is) that when you take the kind of BF seen out west in CAL, & then all the back east in penn-upper NY state area, down in FL,then those ones scattered about in different "pockets" if you will throughout the mid-west there has got to be more than one general kind of BF, to me @ least it just makes sense.

Guest Sallaranda

With all the major hoaxes we get multiple people who are in on it, bragging about it later. From UFO's to crop circles, sure there are those that do come forward, or get "caught" and eventually own up to it, but w/ the number of reportings vs the number of people who come forward, it seems way off in comparison to others.

Keep in mind it could be real and a hoax at the same time. Some vids are hoaxers, some vids are legitimate.

I'll respond to the point about baby sasquatch being hit by a car. When I was driving in interior BC a baby black bear passed in front of the road. It was not a highway, but it wasn't quite a gravel road either. Had my reaction time not been absolutely perfect, and my driving skills not been strong enough, I would have certainly hit it. My window of error was absolutely minimal in avoiding the creature, but yet I managed to stop in time. What I'm trying to say is that it's very likely that a bear could get hit by a car, especially a wandering toddler. Therefore, if we're comparing sasquatch to bear, the Sasquatch could and should most certainly get hit by the odd car. I know if I were to hit a Sasquatch I would certainly get out and toss that carcass in my back seat. Haha.

Also, I wanted to discuss one thing that doesn't make sense about Bigfoot to me. Why would it live in North America? How is it even evolutionarily possible for Bigfoot to live in NA. The oldest fossils of humans (say, 200k years) have all (to my knowledge) been found in Africa. That means any descendant of the homosapien must have lived in Africa. If the Bering land bridge has only been around for the past 10k-20k years, how on Earth would Bigfoot migrate from Africa to North America? In fact, there are no apelike creatures at all in North America other than humans. Maybe I'm missing something here, but if someone could explain this to me that'd be fantastic.

Also, I wanted to discuss one thing that doesn't make sense about Bigfoot to me. Why would it live in North America? How is it even evolutionarily possible for Bigfoot to live in NA. The oldest fossils of humans (say, 200k years) have all (to my knowledge) been found in Africa. That means any descendant of the homosapien must have lived in Africa. If the Bering land bridge has only been around for the past 10k-20k years, how on Earth would Bigfoot migrate from Africa to North America? In fact, there are no apelike creatures at all in North America other than humans. Maybe I'm missing something here, but if someone could explain this to me that'd be fantastic....

The first hominids known for sure in Asia are about 1.8 million years old. It very likely extends to well before 2 million years ago and it is certainly possible that some of them were more distantly related or to put it another way, they weren't all necessarily our ancestors. Homo floresiensis has features that suggest that it is much more distantly related than erectus so it is even likely that much more distantly related hominids have lived in Asia for more than 2 million years. Modern humans are rather unique in that our lineage is almost certainly from Africa from a small group that left about 60,000 years ago. That is confirmed by the mitochodrial DNA that is inherited from mothers. Recent studies do show that some populations do contain the genes of more ancient hominids that probably left Africa maybe 800,000 years ago and became genetically isolated by about half a million years ago. Melaneasians have Denisova and Neanderthal DNA and probably all non Africans have some Neanderthal DNA. There were populations of hominids that lived in Asia long before the ancestors of Denisova and Neanderthal probably left Africa. It is entirely possible that some cold adapted hominid could cross into North America when the oceans were much lower from the last ice age or even an earlier ice age.

Edited by BobZenor