Bigfoot Dna

I always thought humans lost hair on their bodies because they developed sweat glands that enabled them to stay cool on long journeys searching for food and to out run predators.

I would like to bring this article to your attention, it suggests that it's possible that we lost our hair before 3.3 mya because our pubic lice were picked up from the ancestor of the gorilla around that time. But I concede that the lice might also have been better adapted of that type of body hair.

Link

Very interesing article, Vilnoori.

It suggests that those who suspect they've idenified a BF nest or sleeping area might be able to sample the ground beneath where the creature was presumed to have rested for a significant time and sample the surface for exoskeletons of lice which could be the identified for specific species.

I may be wrong, but It seems I remember reading that humans have as many hairs per square inch suface area as other primates, it just doesn't grow as long and comes in a greater variety of different colours. So we humans really didn't loose our hair. There is also a paralell in comparison of human hair colour and that reported in sasquatch.

I may be wrong, but It seems I remember reading that humans have as many hairs per square inch suface area as other primates, it just doesn't grow as long and comes in a greater variety of different colours. So we humans really didn't loose our hair. There is also a paralell in comparison of human hair colour and that reported in sasquatch.

You are correct. We did not lose any hair over the years but for some of us the hair we have does get loose and fall out.

Guest ajciani

I will also second Jodie. Bone can be as problematic for DNA as hair, perhaps even more so. Usually, the DNA is extracted by using a low speed drill to pulverize the bone, which creates heat, which damages the DNA. DNA can also be extracted by freezing the bone with LN and then pulverizing it in a mortar and pestle. A weak solution of HCl is then used to etch away the mineral content. This last step also causes some damage to the DNA.

I once contacted (or attempted to contact) Ketchum about BF DNA, but she was VERY mum about it.

I did contact Paulides to ask him about the bones. According to him, the bones could not be identified as to what animal species they belonged. Of course, we have all heard this problem before. It usually means that the "expert" whose advise was sought was simply not as expert as one was led to believe. According to Paulides, the samples were collected as part of a group effort, and the group decided not to release any images of the bones (or other samples) until genetic testing had been done to establish the identity of the specimens.

1) Handwaving away my legitimate arguments with a pat dismissal saying "smear campaign" is a weak argument, IMO. Why not address the legitimate issues rather them?

2) I note that Spaz escapes your criticism. Why not tell Spaz he's smearing Paulides with his views on the alleged PGF massacre?

3) I am in the process of making a documentary about Bigfootery, yes. Please lay out your proposal for making a film for free in which my time and effort is covered.

4) The only people that will watch my documentary are people interested in the subject matter. There are no suckers. If you want to see a Kitakaze film or listen to Kitakaze music, you do. If you don't want to, you don't. Simple.

5) Let's lay it on the line. Avatar wager: They said that in a few months they would hopefully submitting a paper documenting the first proven Bigfoot DNA. That was in August. If by January 1, 2011 no paper has been submitted, nor is there any indication of one imminently coming, you take an avatar I give you that simply reads, "Kitakaze was right." If I am wrong and Bigfoot DNA comes, I wear an avatar hear for one year that says, "I was wrong about Bigfoot."

Deal?

Crickets? I will extend this wager to anyone on the BFF.

Why put a time limit on it Kit, why would anyone take you up on a wager about the release of a project they have no control over? Pretty foolish ain't it? Whether it did or didn't get published by January, it wouldn't have any bearing on the results either.

Kitekaze,

Where did this quote come from? Are you sure that was the way it was worded, that's a pretty tall order.

They said that in a few months they would hopefully submitting a paper documenting the first proven Bigfoot DNA.

Crickets? I will extend this wager to anyone on the BFF.

No Crickets here, I told you the reasons why they won't be able to definitively identify Bigfoot DNA. I think the vast majority of us on the thread are dubious, the problem is the innuendo that this is just another hoax. You might very well be right, although nothing you posted for me was particularly convincing, I'm waiting to see what she finds before drawing any conclusions. What I would like to see happen is establishing something verifiable that would justify some funding for further research. I guess we will see what happens, it's not a fast process, so don't hold your breath.

5) Let's lay it on the line. Avatar wager: They said that in a few months they would hopefully submitting a paper documenting the first proven Bigfoot DNA. That was in August. If by January 1, 2011 no paper has been submitted, nor is there any indication of one imminently coming, you take an avatar I give you that simply reads, "Kitakaze was right." If I am wrong and Bigfoot DNA comes, I wear an avatar hear for one year that says, "I was wrong about Bigfoot."

Deal?

This is a very interesting proposal. It definately seperates the men from the boys. If I was passionate about Paulides's claims I would take the bet. However, anyone who buy's into a crazy massacre theory at Bluff Creek is not worth betting on.

On a side note, if I was going to make up a massacre theory at Bluff Creek, I would have given John Green and Patterson the Jesse the Body rotary cannon gun from the movie "Predator" and had them kill not one but two complete Bigfoot families. I wonder if Paulides would have liked that fable better then the current MK version?

But I digress..........

Kitekaze,

Where did this quote come from? Are you sure that was the way it was worded, that's a pretty tall order.

Listen from 11:47 here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P9r0fRQCls&feature=related

On August 28, 2010, she said it could be as little as a month, or maybe a little longer. She said they are very far along and that she is very optimistic and enthusiastic. She says they are looking at binomials for Bigfoot's species name and that they will do both a scientific paper and press conference. Now is October 7, 2010. I predict that on January 1, 2011 there will be no paper released and no indication of one imminently being released as they did in August. I think if they perpetuate the situation for more than the month or a little more they said, it is because they have a scam running with North America Bigfoot Search (Paulides) and Searching For Bigfoot, Inc. (Tom Biscardi) to dupe Bigfooters around North America to sending worthless hairs from known sources and charging them fees for "processing." As a skeptic of Bigfoot being a real species of animal, this is exactly what I do - examine specific claims. These people are claiming that they are very confident they have Bigfoot DNA and that they are very far along with the formal scientific documentation of it.

I challenge anyone who believes Paulides and Ketchum really do have DNA to an avatar wager. I strongly believe this is a snowjob. Paulides set up a business plan for this. Ketchum says they have a huge bone. Ketchum has a business association with Tom Biscardi. How can anyone be so credulous? Look at this guy. Look at his history...

S.J. OFFICER ACCUSED OF FALSE SOLICITATION AUTOGRAPHS: A FORCE VETERAN

ALLEGEDLY USED CITY STATIONERY TO ASK FOR MEMORABILIA.

San Jose Mercury News (CA) – Saturday, December 21, 1996

Author: SANDRA GONZALES, Mercury News Staff Writer

When a veteran San Jose police officer began soliciting celebrity autographs on city stationery, he wound up with more than just a friendly letter from singer Lionel Richie to hang on his wall.

He also got an arrest warrant last week charging him with a misdemeanor count of falsely soliciting for charity – a crime for which he could face a year in jail.

Officer David Paul Paulides, 40, aroused suspicions after he was seen using city stationery on the department’s computer printers. Paulides also sent and received large quantities of unofficial mail at the department, police reports say.

None of those activities fell within his duties as a court liaison officer, prompting an internal investigation that began last September.

â€He’s an autograph hound,†said Assistant District Attorney Karyn Sinunu, who filed the complaint last week in Municipal Court. â€It was a stupid thing to do – to spend your time enhancing your personal collection when taxpayers are paying for you to work.â€

Suspicions were heightened when the police department received a phone call from a Los Angeles publicist asking to speak with Paulides about the â€Police Hall of Fame,†and a letter from the Lionel Richie Fan Club which enclosed an autographed compact disc by the singer.

As it turned out, Paulides had solicited autographs from such people as newswoman Diane Sawyer, astronaut Mae Jemison, model Carol Alt, exercise guru Jack La Lanne and Ivana Trump – allegedly by falsely claiming he was working on a city project.

In the letter to Trump, for example, Paulides wrote: â€You are a great role model for young women. . . . I’ve been given the task by my city to develop a display for our lobby of successful businesswomen. . . . We are respectfully requesting an autographed photo for our display. . . . Your success on a professional as well as personal level make you a superior businesswoman and mother.â€

Several of the celebrities had returned autographed photographs of themselves.

Paulides attorney Daniel Jensen claims it was all an unfortunate misunderstanding. â€He feels badly and is embarrassed,†Jensen said.

Jensen said that the officer was gathering the autographs to serve as teaching aids for a class he had taught and that Paulides had envisioned hanging the pictures in the department’s lobby.

â€They were to be inspirational examples of people who’ve done very well,†Jensen said.

Authorities, however, say there was no authorized â€Hall of Fame†being developed for any lobby. They could find nothing Paulides was associated with in an official capacity that would give him the authority to seek autographs on the department’s behalf.

Paulides was one of several instructors who taught a city-sponsored organizational development class, but he had not taught the course since March.

Police spokesman Officer Louis Quezada said Paulides is on vacation. Quezada could not say what sort of job action.

I think it's very clear we are looking at someone who is an experienced scammer. I think Bigfooters should not fall prey to hoaxers and I want to help. I think it is positive skepticism to do that. I think if any Bigfoot proponent truly believes they have hair, bone, blood, or Bigfoot tissue, they should send it to a repuatable lab not connected in any way to someone financially profitting off of Bigfoot belief. I suggest Prof. Todd Disotell Professor of Anthropology at the Center for the Study of Human Origins in the Department of Anthropology at New York University...

http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/anthro/disotell/

And here you should listen to his excellent July 2nd, 2009 interview on Monster Talk (last one down)...

http://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/episodes2009.html

If I am wrong, and these people bring Bigfoot DNA, we all win. There certainly would be no shagrin or embarrassment on my party. I would be too busy enjoying a plate of crow and celebrating my being wrong. I would actually eat crow and film it for my documentary. Check it...

The

"So good you'll want to slap your mother-in-law"

Recipe

submitted by Jim Anderson

Ingredients

16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (8 crows)

16 pieces of jalapeno peppers (or banana peppers)

16 strips of bacon

1 1/2 cups of Teriyaki sauce

Preparation

Place breast meat in a covered bowl with the Teriyaki sauce over night.

Cook the breasts in boiling water for about five minutes. Cut up fresh

jalapeno peppers into circles (or use the store bought kind that come in

jars). Place one jalapeno pepper in the center of each breast and wrap with

bacon. Secure the bacon with a round toothpick. Cook on the grill until

bacon is crisp (not burned). Flip the breasts constantly to avoid the fat

catching on fire. Use banana peppers for people that don't like their food

quite so hot.

Serves four adults

medalns.jpg21_jalapeno_lgl.jpgmf619390.jpg

http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm

Black bandit w/ teriyaki and jalapenos for me, thanks.

If I am right and they are scamming just like the SFB, Inc. claim of having Homo erectus DNA from what was clearly native remains. Bigfoot can not have bones like this...

image001.jpg

Biscardi.jpg

...and look like this walking around in the flesh...

patterson_bigfoot.jpgskunk-ape.png

Don't be duped!

No Crickets here, I told you the reasons why they won't be able to definitively identify Bigfoot DNA. I think the vast majority of us on the thread are dubious, the problem is the innuendo that this is just another hoax. You might very well be right, although nothing you posted for me was particularly convincing, I'm waiting to see what she finds before drawing any conclusions. What I would like to see happen is establishing something verifiable that would justify some funding for further research. I guess we will see what happens, it's not a fast process, so don't hold your breath.

I don't intend to offend you, but I think you're completely wrong. I disagree totally with the PM counter-argument you sent. BTW, can you please post it in the thread here where it belongs? Or if you don't still have it, with your permission, I can post it for you.

I think that report will never come, and if it does, it will be hooey. Bigfoot is not human. For some species to be like those last two images I posted from California and Florida, their DNA would be easily identifiable. DNA testing can tell the difference between Jodie and Kitakaze, nevermind humming and hawing about Bigfoot and humans. It can tell wolf from dire wolf and wolf from wolf dog. They said in August that it would be about a month or a little more. I think they're stringing you and you're falling for it. Your argument is that you think it could take time. That is not what they said. Ketchum said she is very far along and enthusiastic and optimistic. Paulides is near Biscardi level in terms of reputation among Bigfooters. Did you see the thing about the David Paulides police officer that used his department and job to hoard celebrity autographs? That would be scamming, yes?

How can anyone be so credulous? You can wait for something that never comes, but I challenge anyone who thinks these people are legit to lay their avatar down on the table and accept my wager. Any updates reporting trouble with the DNA testing here?...

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/home.html

Nope. Don't miss the section calling Ray Wallace an "original Bigfoot legend" and deeply knowledgable of Bigfoot, though. Wow.

He made a business plan, alright.