Populated Squatch

Guest SquatchinNY

That's why they've been seen thousands of times. Not everyone is in field biologist mode, or even gives a crap about documenting a new primate. Most joggers or late night strollers don't carry FLIR technology, or even a camera. I ran into 2 coyotes in a very heavily populated area just outside Phoenix on a block they have never been seen for at least 50 years if you count the time my father has been there. I opened the front door, saw them at about 20 yards when they bolted. By the time I could have raised a camera (if I had one) they were literally 100 yards away. Getting a clear picture of a Bigfoot you stumble upon at night isn't going to be easy, and it's absolutely not suprising that it hasn't happened.

Guest FuriousGeorge

I'm trying to understand this rationally. Please help. Are you saying that it is just as easy for bigfoot to elude humans in our own environment than it is in his?

Even with cellphones everywhere, home and business security systems including cameras and lighting (what... he never ate out of a bank's garbage?), response times for any report cut down from never to just minutes (I would love to tell my cop buddies that bigfoot can outrun the radio), numerous escape routes in this environment diminished, manmade things that would kill or injure that aren't around in remote areas, the opportunity from having zero other witnesses around to having many in minutes (I would call my friends and we would find it in a second flat), having cars instead of being on foot in rough terrain? All this stuff, times thousands of sightings? And we still get nothing? He is good.

And just like that, I don't believe in bigfoot anymore.

We are not talking about a common occurrence here, its not like there a hundreds of reports of dumpster diving in highly populated area's. Its a few isolated incidents,and I wonder if there are woods,or a ravine, or a river basin near by?

Guest GrapeApe

Wow. Furious is well..........furious! lol. I don't think anyone is saying it is "either or" with this. There are bound to be individuals in the population. Each individual, with it's own personality, can behave differently from the next. There are enough reports from populated areas to consider the possibility. I don't know about gorillas, but other species of ape have gone to the villages, so to speak. In fact, I remember watching something on tv about a troop or troops of monkey that thrives in a city in India (I think). With houses so well insulated, if poochie is inside he may never know if a bf cops a squatch in their own yard!

BFF Patron

Can he avoid the sweet smell of antifreeze and whatever other poisons are in the garbage? One container of antifreeze and would have found a dead one on a golf course by now. There are too many pitfalls for me to buy into this theory.

Too busy collecting reused "shag" balls on the course to worry about antifreeze....... yes, golfers have been known to be observed from the woods.... for that errant 3-wood or 5-iron..... :warning:

Edited by bipedalist

There has been a lot of discussion of habitat and travel "corridors" that BF take. Corridors can be train tracks, streams or other waterways, wooded areas, or power lines. With enough connections between what at first appear to be smallish wooded areas, like ravines near surburban sprawl, many large animals can have enough area to roam.

I remember talking with a park ranger for a county park on Puget Sound. He told me that there were cougars and at least three herds of deer that moved from ravine to ravine up and down the beaches and railways on the Sound at night to get to their ravine hideaways in the day. The sighting near Sea-Tac airport was just off of one of those ravines.

we've had atleast 3 bears show up in north tacoma, i would call t-town a pretty populated area. third largest city in the state. have deer in the neighborhoods here in the north end.

maybe squatch comes in looking for food in dumpsters or left out pet food.

Exactly why I brought up human influence factors in the scientific thread. We don't know if a Sasquatch would be in a particular spot or not, at a particular time if a human didn't see it there, or find its tracks, etc. So... What if any human influences to the environment contribute to these encounters? Crops? Commercial activity? Livestock? Hunting? If Sasquatch were a more social animal I would think we would have solved the mystery by now, so either they are antisocial (at least when it comes to humans) or they don't exist. Top predators tend to be more antisocial beings... And human influence affect them more so. Not with the effect but more with influencing their behavior inadvertently. Making them do things that don't seem natural... Whatever that might be.

Let me attempt an example... Up in the Cascade Mountains here in Wa., specifically talking about a parcel of land that was set aside by a rich guy who loved hunting, it is quite a large tract... Anyways, there have been some encounters with hunters on this land during hunting seasons in the past. The encounters seem to be more aggressive in nature. This aggressive behavior usually gets the hunters to move out, thinking that there is a cat hunting the area they are in. Screams and loud growls in the night. Being tracked by something unseen but heard in the bush. Animals panicking, moving around too much or staying bedded down when they should be moving and feeding. But sometimes a hunter see one of these creatures or find there tracks, make a report and it gets in the history books. Other times nobody sees a thing and the fact that a Sasquatch was there is lost. Sometimes, hunters won't say anything at all. I am still wondering why the Spotted Owl is so much more important than humans putting food on their tables.

What about the areas nearby? The areas where humans live, but don't hunt? They are on the boundry of these hunting grounds. The hunters, they might see one or find tracks, but so too the people who live in the area. Is it because of where they live? Or that just over the hill hunting is going on? The animals behavior outside of the area is reported differently. The humans are more sympathetic to them being there, nearby.

Watched a program on California Condors dying near or in the Grand Canyon recently. Turned out that hunters were using lead bullets and the shrapnel inside of carcasses was getting into the food chain, specifically the condors, the scavengers. No humans were nearby to blaim and went unnoticed until all other potential influences had been eliminated.

Human influence doesn't have to be linear in effect... In most cases it hasn't been in the past. It isn't linear in time, or space. It is often disjointed... Salmon in BC with problems end up bringing them to Oregon in their migration. There are many examples from scientific studies of know animals... Some with the same supposed behaviors, some with the same supposed dietary requirements, some with the same supposed habitat... A little from each could be the lessons needed in the field. But nothing is ever black and white.

Edited by damndirtyape

last September I investigated a reported sighting which occurred in the western end of a small town in the Lower main land of British Columbia. The witness came out of her home to investigate why her neighbors dogs were barking so much. What she reported was a Sasquatch standing in a line of large trees which separated her property from the rail tracks. On the other side of the railway line was the town hall and several homes which lined the road on the north side of the tracks. This incident occurred at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. It was cloudy but not raining at the time. she got a close enough look at the thing to describe what appeared to be ether an badly heeled injury or a cleft in the subjects upper lip. Later when I visited the seen I though she perhaps saw a transient perhaps waring a dark hoodie waling ether east or west along the tracks which they often do. this is the same rail line which passes with in 60 feet of my own back door 20 kms away. But the witness was positive that she saw a creature not a shabbily dressed man? When I walked behind the tree line I thought, how could something like this occur without anybody else seeing it. After about an hour it occurred to me that none of the residence in the area, several of which I saw going about their own affairs had seen me! Now a stranger walking about here I think would have been challenged or at least greeted with some sign that he had been seen, but nobody looked in my direction. So I was forced to change my opinion on the possibility that this lady way have really indeed seen a Sasquatch walk past at 4 0'clock in the afternoon walking trough a populated area.

Thomas Steenburg

post-523-0-95451900-1331616623_thumb.jpg

Guest BFSleuth

b-town, Woodland Park has had sightings. They can trek down the railway toward the Nisqually or go right up the Puyallup River at night. Swimming to Brown's Point, Vashon Island, or over to the Peninsula wouldn't be difficult for them.

steenburg, did you get a chance to find out her estimate of the height of the BF and its position in the photo? Maybe you could help us with the traditional red pointers...

b-town, Woodland Park has had sightings. They can trek down the railway toward the Nisqually or go right up the Puyallup River at night. Swimming to Brown's Point, Vashon Island, or over to the Peninsula wouldn't be difficult for them.

steenburg, did you get a chance to find out her estimate of the height of the BF and its position in the photo? Maybe you could help us with the traditional red pointers...

Perhaps this photo will give you a better idea. the subject was standing just over the whale back between the clump of trees and the lone tree to the left. In the previous photo was the witness view point, I took that from where she was standing. In this second photo you can see the town hall across the the tracks.

Thomas Steenburg

Just a P.S. edit here, At first she thought it was just over 6 feet tall, but later when we both measured a dark patch on a tree she thought was right beside it's head she then thought it must be almost 7 feet tall. The dark patch was 7 feet off the ground.

post-523-0-49660900-1331627822_thumb.jpg

Edited by steenburg