Whistle's?

Guest ga sasquath

Guest deerhunter98520

A few weeks ago me and a few friends went out for a night walk through some area ive had possible encounters and about 11:30pm we were whistled at from about 100 yds away in the timber...it was a human like whistle to get your attention...a quick whistle a couple times in a row....we were in the middle of the woods....no one knew we were there and theres no houses for atleast 5 miles from this spot....after that we.backed out and went around the other side maybe a 1/8th mile and were whistled at again...we did hear a few braches snapping in the direction of it but that was it.....i whistled back but to no response

BFF Patron

Sounds like maybe you were being paralleled in that area. Might be worthy of some daytime examinations of the gametrails and cover patterns in that area.

Guest wudewasa

Signature whistles, interesting. In the 1980s, there was a documentary with an Australian Aboriginal man who went to an area that his people felt to be sacred. He addressed the local spirits with a litany passed on to him by his ancestors. Very powerful.

Letting potentially dangerous wildlife know that you are present is a good thing. Backpackers use bells and a number of noisemakers in bear country to avoid potential problems.

Guest deerhunter98520

I have a week of vacation coming up starting the 12th and ill he going back to check out the timber where the whistles came from....with any luck ill hear them again

They were observing us from the timber...they never came into the clearing that i noticed...i dont know if they whistled at us or other squatch to alert them of us being there..it was interesting...its not my first encounter in the area

• 5 months later...

I like to do a single whistle off and on during the day in camp. Then at night is usually when I get a return whistle that sounds just like my whistle.

Guest BastetsCat

The whistle that I heard in Florida near Bunell was most like an Eastern Meadow Lark. Though not exactly. It was three loud (Obnoxiously) notes in the same slow fashion. Lowwww Highhhhh Lowwww. It was accompanied by bipedal footfalls and though I looked out the window I saw nothing. Lived in a trailer and was sleeping on top bunk of a bunkbed. Outside street lights dark inside; could see really well, saw nothing. Had no inkling that BF existed in Florida. Spoke to every person in the trailer park- a few trailers outside of town....no one had heard it. I heard it often. 1985ish. I only ever heard it at night.

In 1987 had experience in Colorado...my home state. Talked to lots of farmers and ranchers/ my friend did. They all told the same story. Large white bipedal giant that lived in area. Northern Eagle County and Southern Route County.

In the 2000's I heard about the skunk ape on the internet. I was shocked. I immediatley thought about the night visitor that would whistle in the night as it walked on two feet around the trailers.

I started to run across areas with BF activity and used the whistle that All of my friends had heard at this point because I had adopted it and used it often just goofing around. The whistle seemed to instantly get their attention. If they were around in an area then they would come closer to the point that we could all see the darker shadows in the underbrush. I refuse to use it at night and truthfully rareley use the whistle in the woods.

The whistle does not sound like the bird but it seems like it was most like that birds call. If this helps others in their research then happy hunting. Go out and get pictures video or whatever else you can get. It works for me, but I am not open to more encounters.

Guest toejam

They use whistles to signal each other alot. I've heard them doing it in my recordings.

I've experienced one huge whistle the end of last winter immediately after I did a double wood knock.

Their signal whistles are short and quiet.

Guest BastetsCat

They whistle here too. Not like that one though and I think me doing it got their attention. It seemed like they recognized it oddly. There was a smaller black one that used to come out almost into the open and would whistle back to me if it was around. Never got a real clear look at it but know it was black and around five or six feet tall. I stopped trying to get them to come out when I noticed that they would surround my location...enough of that nonsense in my opinion. it started to feel very unsafe.

After having a very chilling experience near the river I lost my guts where they are concerned. I had run off to hide after getting drenched in a water fight..Guys against Girls. late in the evening or night. Ran to the reeds by the river. heard two or three 'guys' in the water. Because BF are reclusive and avoid people I thought it was the guys sneaking up on me. Another girl came and found me and we sat there a minute more. never heard a sound. Her and her boyfriend made lots of sound and he decided that we should go through the reeds and into the horse pasture to get home. So we turn to go that way and got huffed at by a tall TREE that had suddenly grown behind me. The big male had snuck up to within feet of me and I had no idea. The boyfriend is over six feet tall and it dwarfed him. I said its a tree and he turned pale and said 'No there are no trees here.' Well something big was there. He held the barbed wire and us girls climbed through the fence. Then we held the fence for him. I can not explain how scary that was. The huff came from high up and from a hugh set of lungs. I made them all walk with me back to the house, he wanted to run and he is not the type to get scared. Also note that there were at least two others from the splashing in the water, have no idea where they were when this happened.

I whistle all the time. I use a few favorite whistles but I can never do those loud whistles that my sister can do when puts her fingers in her mouth and lets out an ear splitter.

My interactions came while I was listening to THEM whistle (which I didn't know at the time, at first) and then I whistled back. Now I whistle at least once while I am there.

We were at a campground with no other campers which I thought was strange. We saw a big Class A pull in for a day or so then leave. I took advantage of the solitude (Missouri) and whistled over and over again. My granddaughter was with us on this week long trip and about the second morning I whistled to the woods for several minutes told her I was doing bird calls lol.

That night about midnight we heard what sounded like gravel or pebbles land on the rood of the RV. Hubby was already in bed and I said jokingly, "Rain?" He agreed. However, the next morning I climbed the ladder and there was a handful of little stones on the roof LOL. I just giggled to myself and never mentioned it to either one of them.

So yes, I think whistling does attract them.

I posted this in a wood knock thread but I think it really blongs here, I still don't know what to think and it's the only time I've heard anything while whistling

Today while out walking I stared making bird calls after the third try a got a fairly loud thump that really didn't sound like a knock but more like hollow thud(chest hit?) I froze in my tracks and stood still for about 15mins the hair on my neck was up and I was getting a tingling down my spine. I didn't hear any other sound prior to or after the thump and was feeling uneasy so I quit whistling and walked home.

Peter, were you in an area where you might expect to have potential contact?

Try going back and doing it again and see if something else happens.