Do You Want Science To Have A Body?

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest gershake

My answer's "yes". I also don't believe it will be feasible to poach bigfoots. People aren't finding them today, why would they find them after species description?

Guest Kerchak

theres enough people hunting them already and getting nowhere, none have been shot so far,

Actually there are plenty of claims that they have been 'allegedly' shot.

Personally I would like to see this proven with just DNA evidence just to make the point that it can be. That should be true even if they happened to breed with modern humans or are much closer related than pretty much any scientist would have believed likely. That probably won't be so easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt if they don't have ancestors that diverged from us at least a few hundred thousand years ago but we will hopefully see soon. Not that I think shooting any ape would be morally acceptable for me but I have long thought they were much closer related to modern humans than chimps so it would be essentially murder for me to shoot one as far as I am concerned. I barely even entertain the idea of a convergently evolved ape as an acceptable ancestral candidate. It simply doesn't make sense to me from a biological perspective.

I would eventually like one for science and I don't actually have that much of a problem with someone that shoots one as long as he doesn't tell other people it is OK because it is just an animal. It is hard to get too emotional about it considering the number of worse things that happen every day. It would still be bad. I don't think that recognition would help them much but if a situation like reported in the Sierra Kills happens after proof, the guy should most likely know what it is and be less likely to shoot one. They might even force that to be taught in hunter safety classes. If the DNA evidence is very compelling, then I doubt it would be legal for anyone to shoot one in the not so distant future. There will always be that person that got scared for his life defense.

The DNA should tell me what they are and hopefully any unbiased individual that they exist so if that happens there is no longer any scientific justification to shooting one. They would already have 99 percent of the data they need and treating them like disposable lab specimens just wouldn't be acceptable any longer.

It is probably inevitable, considering how rapidly our technology is evolving, that they will be proven without having to shoot one assuming they exist. We could covertly see them on the darkest night and possibly from space for all I know. They aren't going to be able to evade a serious effort to document them if they are essentially proven by DNA. The desire to document them by passive surveillance would seem like an inevitable consequence either by government or private interests that want to sell a documentary. It would hopefully remove the crackpot aspect to studying them so then a serious effort would probably be inevitable. I think it would happen quickly just so they could say they got the first footage. There would still be problems with existing films that aren't going to go away by the way. Several hours of thermal observation from a drone and followup investigation is likely going to be far more convincing than one walking in front of a rather unknown filmmaker in 1967 for example.

Edited by BobZenor

Guest alford anthony

I deer hunt every year with every weapon allowed.I have never hunted for trophy.Everything I kill is processed and ate, I also donate meat if I fill several tags a year. You all can bet your sweet A_ _ , if I had one in my sights, I would drop it and hope like hell its not some ******** in a ape suit.The world needs to know! If someone could do that,hopefully the government would prohibit hunting BF. If "half" the sightings are true,there should be plenty more out there! All of us believers and all you non believers need to know! You also can bet your sweet A _ _ I would drag it home and I would call CNN before I turned it over to science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY$$$$$$$$

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I think the scientific community will never accept anything other than a body for proof that these creatures exist. That doesn't mean we should kill one. I'm certain there are researchers out there now studying these creatures and observing family groups. It's only a matter of time before we have a body that has been collected after a natural or accidental death. There's no need to kill one just to satisfy World curiosity or to prove to the scientific community that they exist. After it's dead, it won't come back to life, and like you, these creatures deserve life. It's not our right to take that away from them IMO. Chris B.

Guest Twilight Fan

There's no need to kill one just to satisfy World curiosity or to prove to the scientific community that they exist. After it's dead, it won't come back to life, and like you, these creatures deserve life. It's not our right to take that away from them IMO. Chris B.

I could not agree more with this statement :)

I think if one body were collected various governments would make it illegal to collect anymore.

From my research the blood DNA of BF is the same as the apes of Africa. It is about 97% human and so they are non human.

The vast majority of our world population will not accept their reality without a body for proof.

BBF members- I will ditto BF slueths' post but with one thought in mind, and that is ONLY natural or accietent death as in a truck like accident etc. One thing that needs to be avoided is a scientist(s) saying they need a body in the name of science, or a hunter "saying" it was an accident when in trueth it was on purpose. Strict guidelines IMO will/should be enacted to protect these creatures from harm. ptangier

From my research the blood DNA of BF is the same as the apes of Africa. It is about 97% human and so they are non human.

Is there any published report that backs up that position?

Looks Like the Yay sayers are smashing the nay sayers. I had a feeling yes would have more votes, but not that many more. 34-9 Sounds like a score to the end of the first quarter of a game between the Canadian and US national basketball teams.