Do Bigfoots Go "insane"?

Guest Volsquatch

What interests me further, is that when considering Bigfoots losing their shazbot and getting into bloody end conflict with humanity, not even some manner of mental illness need be at play. It can be a nearly blind Bigfoot like Patterson attributed Patty. It can be a toothless Bigfoot no longer capable of sustaining its solitary existence. It can be a baby Bigfoot whose mother gets the wrong end of a grizzly bear and wanders aimless into humanity like the Jacko gaff. It can be perfectly fine in all respect but just damned hungry and that chicken coop looks like KFC on a Saturday night.

What is so often the case with non-human apes is that they get the wrong end of us. We are puny and weak and hairless and we kick almighty royal buttocks. You can be a herd mammoth, we will drop you. You can be a whale, we canoe our butts out and make you float upside-down with wood, flint, and twine. You can be another group of us angry and armed, we will drop you. The Boss of the Woods, mentally imbalanced or just starving and alone is nothing when it comes to the planet-conquering, butt-kicking, species annihilating thing that is us.

Edited by kitakaze

It does indeed seem that a species which is posibly close to "us" genetically would be susceptible to the same kind of mental illness or degeneration that humans are plagued with. I do wonder however if the lack of stressors in "Bigfoot society" might keep such debilitating mental problems somewhat at bay.

I don't think so. The reason why I say this is because not working 9-5 does not stop chimps, orangs, gorillas, etc from going ape-shazbot. Orang young males go bonkers with lust and try to assualt female apes. They also go after humans. Chimps are the worst. They will do the most unspeakable things. The Ketchum camp wants us to think Bigfoot is not either of those but really jus some form of human.

No way that has never ended in the hairy side being many times over ventilated by us, the most bad-butt species of ape on the planet.

Guest tirademan

What about the possibility of contracting rabies, either by ingesting a rabid animal, or being bitten by a rabid bat?

I was going to mention the possibility of them going insane after getting rabies but scrutineer beat me to it. I have no reason to believe that is not possible.

Branco please read this Admin link and stop quoting the user right above you in the future.

Closest thing I've found to that.

tirademan

WV1883BoyKilled.gif

T, while I am skeptical that event actually occurred, you've just posted a story about a club-wielding, clothes wearing nutjob. A human nutjob.

Guest tirademan

Kit, your skeptical of everything! While I think there's a very remote possibility it could be a human, I've found too many stories to match of these huge "wild men" (many times described in the article as being covered in hair) who terrorize humans but can't be caught to be swayed by your argument. But I've not found too many where they're frothing at the mouth and howling like a wolf, only to dash a ten year old's brains out on a tree!

But in your world, it's all fiction!

Tirademan

Yes, I am skeptical always. Nevertheless, let's say the article was not one of them many that are simply made up, your wild man was reported using a club and wearing clothes. Nutjob hermits do come out of the woods and attack people.

I wonder what would happen to Bigfoot if it got rabies.

I've seen video of rabid foxes and bobcats attack humans.

Rabies makes animals crazy.

is Bigfoot immune to rabies? It lives in the same places that foxes and bobcats live. It is supposedly of Human DNA. So I would think yes.

Wolves get rabies too. In fact an endangered SUBSPOPULATION (300 of the 500 Ethiopian Wolves in the whole world) of Ethiopian Wolves had an outbreak. 15 wolves died, they tested the brains of all of them. They are found in one small area of Ethiopia. http://www.google.co...WAsgNLDT9I9EuSw

Edited by Drew

I live in a house with 2 teenagers...and sometimes they act crazy, or at least do things that a normal human wouldn't! Could some reported bf encounters be hormone driven insanity because of age? Quite likely. Poor bigfoot parents, they can't buy wine to calm their nerves. :tease:

Guest BFSleuth

This article just came out regarding the sequencing of the gorilla genome:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/07/great_ape_genome/

Note the following:

"Gorillas also appear to carry normal variants of genes that can cause forms of dementia and heart failure in humans. “If we could understand more about why those variants are so harmful in humans but not in gorillas,†said Tyler-Smith, “that would have important and useful medical implications.â€

I'm not sure if the scientist is indicating gorillas have less problems for heart failure or for dementia, or both. Interesting that the genes that are associated with dementia are in gorillas, though. It will be interesting to see the complete sequencing of the BF genome. My money is on them having the same variants that cause dementia.

This could open up a whole new school of psychiatry.

It does indeed seem that a species which is posibly close to "us" genetically would be susceptible to the same kind of mental illness or degeneration that humans are plagued with. I do wonder however if the lack of stressors in "Bigfoot society" might keep such debilitating mental problems somewhat at bay.

A smaller population could also account for fewer reports of "crazy" Bigfoot being sighted when compared to the human populations.

Closest thing I've found to that.

tirademan

Many writers embellished their stories so the club and skins may have been added to make the story more real. It may have been a BF but the reporter had never heard of one, so he made the creature human. Typical BF behavior when someone moves in on their claimed land. Most BF hit the walls, throw rocks, scream but this one murdered. It may well have been insane since most BFs don't murder.

Thanks for posting.

I live in a house with 2 teenagers...and sometimes they act crazy, or at least do things that a normal human wouldn't! Could some reported bf encounters be hormone driven insanity because of age? Quite likely. Poor bigfoot parents, they can't buy wine to calm their nerves. :tease:

Teen age BFs probably cause lots of havock in the forest and may be responsible for many of the attacks on human dwellings, and bluff charges of hikers. Too bad they aren't crazy enough to run into towns only to get captured.

Imagine BF spanking a juvenile BF! wack,,,,,wack.........ouch...... They don't have to worry about Children's Services investigating.

Missing from the reputed BF murder story is HAIR, can't think of a BF/wildman account that doesn't note hair...it is the first thing people notice. No mention in that article, combined with clothing and club this sounds human....

In the SW US Native American legend from Zuni that older BF female went cannibal and the tribe almost burned down the whole mountain to get at her. Cannabilism was/is alive and well among all primates (humans too) and although few cultures seem to endorse it all seem to have participated, especially if those being eaten weren't considered one of the "people." It is pretty clear in early hominin sites that modern humans were eating other hominins. Cannabilism is so taboo it is often underreported in archeology or glossed over. (Watch the "Human Planet" episode on modern humans hunting monkeys for dinner, we are so removed from our food sources....this generation of American's...amazing really how quickly we moved from family farms to urban/food distrubution centers)

Insanity....depends on what kind! That is a very broad term...dementia? psycho? Bipolar?

Since I do feel BFs are definately in genus Homo and quite close to us I wouls assume they can go insane. On the other hand, our modern insanity might be a result of diet/stresses or genetic pools, hard to tell if the "afflicted" in ancient times were sufferring from mercury poisoning or any number of natural causes (and plant narcotics) that lead to "afflicted/insane" behaviors or if they met our current definitions?

We do know chimps get depressed, to the point of personal neglect and death...the lost light of hope/desire....pain?

If you haven't already I highly recommend Goodalls' popular books and Strums...facinating stuff on individual behaviors in groups, etc...just really facsinating and unencumbered...Goodall is an amazingly engaging writer too, and "through A Window" is a page turner.. I am embarassed I didn't read it in the 70's and waited till I ran into BFs...

Edited by apehuman