Oddness...

VAfooter

Admin

Sound is the weakest kind of evidence, it could have been a known animal...

Salubrious would probably know from the experience.. better than you , or me. I'm still looking for these unidentified "knowns", and there seems to be a lot of cases of them making similar unknown sounds, in many locations around the country. We need to find the source(s).

I know it was not a dog, fox or owl. I did hear those animals on other nights. That 'Whoop!' sound was quite distinct.

Guest peter

Sound is the weakest kind of evidence, it could have been a known animal...

but if an intelligent creature resided near humans and didn’t want to reveal itself wouldn’t common animal noises be a safer way for them to communicate with each other? Assuming they’re capable of reason and making common animal noises

Edited by peter

Peter, I think you are on to something. Recorded audio.. although weak evidence, and not considered evidence at all, by some... can separate the real known animal sounds, from the unknowns.. and even the attempts from something to mimic the known ones. It can give one an idea what's going on in the area around them. Great idea.. for putting a recorder out, after hearing such vocals. It doesn't prove anything.. but what evidence so far.. really has ?

Audio surveilance definately does fill in some blanks when there's no other sensory input. The strangest stuff can be captured when you're not around to hear it live. Many times my team has been investigating a place without the slightest indication there were bigfoot around "during the day", but we were surprised by what audio we could capture at night.

VAfooter, Whatever you heard, if from local fauna or human, you should be able to capture it on audio if it stays in the area. With a recording we could sort it out pretty quick if it's some known animal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toejam

I had an incident today that if it was dark would have probably caught me off guard (again)!

I went in to retrieve my trail cam and did a walk through the trails for a few hours.

At one point I did a knock on a cedar and within a few seconds a large chunk of a nearby stump (20ft. distance) broke off and fell to the ground.

I saw it happen. If it'd been dark it would have seemed that something had just pushed a stump over immediately after a wood knock. Must have been a good whack on that tree!....or an invisible squatch :lol:

Guest Dudlow

B) Perhaps it was a Tolkien 'Ent' clipping its nails. Er... actually I'll go with the invisible Sasquatch. :no:

- Dudlow

back to the wah, ( harrison & friends excluded )did it sound anything like this?? call starts around :55 seconds in...

Admin

Sorry folks, none of the sound clips match what I heard that night. Beginning to think it was just someone messing on their deck or something like that. Have no idea of why, maybe they were drunk...

I have a couple of strange incidents that while most likely not BF related, are weird. Hopefully somebody can explain them to me!

1) Back in December, I got up to go downstairs and get a drink. While down there I opened up the back door to check on our deck. It was supposed to rain later and I wanted to see if I had left something on the deck. While I was standing there, off in the distance I heard "Wah, wah, wah....wah". Note that this was between 0200 and 0300. The first three "wahs" occurred over a period of 5-6 seconds, pretty much equally spaced apart. The fourth was 3-4 seconds later. The "wah" sound was not made by a baby, it sounded more like an adult or something older making the sounds. It was very calm and without any sort of passion or excitement. Just as if you walked out into your backyard and said "wah" in a loud monotone, but not shouted.

Owl...or something else?

2) Today on the way home from work I was passing through some mixed farm/forest land. This land butts up next to Ft. AP Hill. I suddenly got a good long whiff of something dead with sewage mixed in. This went on for about several seconds and then faded. Very shortly down the road, it came back again for about the same length of time. Shortly after smelling it the second time, I noticed a tractor that was in the process of spraying fields in preparation for the upcoming planting season. Each time the smell lasted for 10-12 seconds or so.

Are there commercial soil treatments that smell like a mix of death/sewage? It was pretty foul.

Your assistance is appreciated!!!!

As to the smell - check on the possibility someone is using processed human waste, often called 'sludge', as a fertilizer. The property owner

next to us used to put that on her pasture and, believe me, it's much more bearable to be downwind of cow and horse manure.