What About Bf That Totally Gets To You?

georgerm

Why does BF get us so interested that we spend hours writing and discussing this topic? What's the big deal?

For me, it's the experience. I was a huge skeptic. It's one of those things that "You have to see to believe" types of things. Anyway, I'm so interested in it just because of my experience, and after learning about the world of cryptozoology, It really is fun to learn about the mysterious, undiscovered animals that are out there roaming the world.

poor social skills?........j/k. maybe looking for answers,info but then finding debate & comraderie?

Guest OntarioSquatch

I have a fascination with Cryptids & Extraterrestrials. The never-ending amount of evidence for Bigfoot keeps me interested.

Guest Jodie

The idea that there might be a hidden race of beings somewhere between man and gorilla, it doesn't get any better than that.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Their Women.. ;)

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 2

Guest Kerchak

I have no idea. I mostly wish I wasn't interested and where I live I have zero chance of meeting one in the forest.

Some skeptics insist there is a need to believe. Not for me. I can think of more fabulous things to want to believe in than some stinky primate in North America. Sasquatch just stares then walks off and not much more.

I cannot explain why I have such an interest in sasquatch.

I have often wondered that, myself. A Native American account I read somewheres recently, I think it was in Raincoast Sasquatch, maybe, said that once you see them, they have a power over you. I doubt bigfoot intends this, but I do think it's true. The story didn't say how or why. I think it's the lure of mystery and adventure..

To find .an undiscovered primate in North America? Nice. An undiscovered indiginous people? Sweet! An undiscovered species of great ape? In the New World, no less? That's big news, really big! But a bigfoot?

Someone in a thread on here recently said--accurately, I believe--that it was their humanlike characteristics that drew us to the mystery..the concept that another species of man exists at this time.... Wow. Beyond stupendous, it's eye-poppingly shocking, it's stunning, it's absolutely electrifying. That really would be something to knock the academics right off their pins--anthropologists, geneticists, linguists. you name it. It'd be the story of the century. It's quite an exciting prospect.

Add to that their ability to pactically disappear before your eyes, their mammoth size, infrasound, language capability, the possibility there are more than one species....How could you not think that was the coolest mystery ever? They haven't been "officially" discovered, so, quick, Honey, hand me my Indiana Jones hat. An adventure is out there waiting for me.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I think Jodie and Kings Canyon summed it up pretty well for me. I have always been intersted in cryptids and the fact that this one might be right in my own back yard is what interests me so much.

Guest KentuckyApeman

If it's a real species, this would be the only other biped primate on the planet besides humans. It would also throw a lot of carved-in-stone scientific 'facts' into the dumpster, and leave a lot of experts with egg on their face.

Since childhood, we all have had a fear of the things that go "bump" in the night. Our parents told and assured us that monsters are not real......

Were they wrong?

All very interesting posts that really describe the mystic of BF.

Some of what attracts me is dealing with the fear of running into a BF and getting prepared for this event. We have BF reports that occured very close to our home so running into a BF is real. I love the Oregon woods and after learning that Sasquatches hide and watch, the forest have taken on new meaning and a sinister flavor. The thought of something so huge and smart that lives there adds a new, weird dimension to forest hikes. When out in nature, my mind seems to keep running BF thoughts in the background. My desire to see one in a friendly manner is real but the fear of a bad meeting is a reality. There is some resentment since BF doesn't own the forest and might is not right.............................but who is there to referee?

Guest WIKayaker

I think it’s all about their similarities to us if a human variation or not. Much of the world has already been “discoveredâ€, the mountain peaks and ocean depths reached. This is a rare chance for a DISCOVERY right here and now by just regular people with no special skills or wealth. A chance to discover something that’s not just at the ends of the earth but possibly right among us.

Guest AllSport

Childhood encounter.......propensity to explore the mysterious........respect and deep welling desire to live in the wild, as they do.....

that sums it up for me...

BTW your avatar is making me re-examine all that living in the wild as they do thing...LOL...WIKayaker...

Edited by AllSport

Georgerm,

I think you hit on an important point--that fear factor. It heightens the adventurous feel, adds suspense, and makes it a little risky. Which I guess we find irresistable!

• masterbarber locked this topic