Proper Procedures During And After Capture?

Guest poignant

Sommersby:

To answer my own question, you could use your truck as an observation blind (see Matt Pruitt's blog) and have a net gun ready. This way if you do snare one and knock it unconscious, there'll be a winch close by. Get some massive reinforced handcuffs and footcuffs ready.

Guest BFSleuth

Here is another scenario that may be more likely:

You are at least 10 miles from the nearest trailhead, backpacking in an alpine environment, and either come upon a BF body, witness the death of a BF, or perhaps even shoot and kill a BF.

Now what?

Let's say you are alone, or are with just one hiking/hunting partner. You can't carry the body out, you are out of cell phone range (and for this scenario let's assume you would need to hike back to your car and drive to the nearest cell range or get to a phone), so basically you have at least several hours if not a day to get in communication with someone.

What are the options?

a. Note the location, leave the body intact "as is", video and pictures, and perhaps take samples, then go call for help. If you have a partner do you have one of you stay with the body to protect it while the other goes for help?

b. Take major parts of the body in case it is missing or eaten and scattered by the time you return. If so, what body parts would you take? Hand, foot, and/or head? How much would they weigh?

c. When you get into phone or internet communication, who do you contact and in what order?

It would seem that the only way for proper extraction of the entire body would be by helicopter lift. If the body is in a National Park that would require coordination by the NPS and would likely mean they own it (those with knowledge of the legalities chime in...). If the body is in National Forest land the same may apply. Not sure if it is Bureau of Land Management (BLM). For most of us the cost of airlift would be prohibitive, so we would need to contact someone with the wherewithal to afford to get this done and arrange to deliver the body to someone that will be prepared to do proper scientific study. Who would that someone be, and where are the facilities to handle something like that? I would hope that at least they could do an entire body CAT scan before a necropsy, but not sure if there are any CAT scan machines large enough to handle that.

This is a more likely scenario than someone bagging a BF next to a road or terrain that a truck and winch can get to easily.

You couldn't pay me enough to be the dude "guarding" a dead bf body out in the middle of nowhere for a day or so. lol

As far as we know, BF stay away from humans if they can. But if one were dead and you were the human in the vicinity... yikes! I'm real sure I would not want to be anywhere around- for miles.

Guest BFSleuth

You couldn't pay me enough to be the dude "guarding" a dead bf body out in the middle of nowhere for a day or so. lol

That is something I have considered, and is why I have practiced the art of drawing the long straw.... ;)

Imagine if you are out there for one day, then two days, then what do you do on the third day.... not knowing if you friend even made it?

Or the more terrifying scenario is that BF's family comes to collect the body and they are in a less than forgiving mood.... :o

Guest MikeG
What taking out the legs? At 400 yards, we could snipe the hip or knees from that distance. This could immobilize it long enough for us to run up with a net gun.

Sorry, but I find this repugnant. Utterly repugnant. Deliberately wounding any animal is immoral in my view, and I don't seperate humans from animals in this regard.

Surely you have hunting laws against deliberately injuring animals?

I dunno, some of the daft comments on this and related threads appear to me designed just to get a response...........well, you just got one from me. I don't believe that you are serious about capturing a sasquatch: you've got some of the least thought-through ideas on the subject I have ever read, and you've never (as far as I can see) said that you have even seen one, let alone put yourself in a position to capture or kill one.

However, I am beginning to think that what you might actually be serious about is winding people up on this forum.

Mike

I am the one deleting posts here. The very next member that openly questions the moderation of this topic will be the recipient of harsh punitive measures.

Please, don't find out the hard way.

I am the one deleting posts here. The very next member that openly questions the moderation of this topic will be the recipient of harsh punitive measures.

Please, don't find out the hard way.

Sorry. I'm new here & I didn't mean to offend. Can you please let me know what I did wrong in regards to the moderation of the topic? I do apologize and will proceed carefully in the future :)

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove reference to moderation

Guest OzarKid

I'd call Bobo and have him come whip up some bacon for me and BF. I am sure we'll both be hungry after trying to tie him down to, what would be left of, my truck.

Guest OntarioSquatch

sommersby, this might be the 4th time I'm asking, but do you actually know of a Bigfoot that shows up at a certain spot? You don't have to give any locations, i'm curious to know if there is one you know about that you plan to capture.

sommersby, this might be the 4th time I'm asking, but do you actually know of a Bigfoot that shows up at a certain spot? You don't have to give any locations, i'm curious to know if there is one you know about that you plan to capture.

Yes, OntarioSquatch, I do. That is why I came here...for some help.

Guest OntarioSquatch

hey, if you can get clear pictures of one, I'm sure many members would be willing to help you out with a capture in some way. Right now there isn't a good photograph one except for maybe the PGF film