(Speculation) Bigfoot Travel Via Streams And Creeks

Guest shoot1

Guest shoot1

LOL, mewstly. Boggy Creek has been mentioned so frequently that I'm going to have to break down and watch it someday. I was using a tablet when I wrote my last comment and did not really get into why I think it's a catch-22 (-because writing on a tablet is a pain in the arse-). the catch-22 is that if I don't arm myself then I'd be defenseless if they react aggressively when they are surprised by someone who looks like he's stalking/hunting them, and if I do arm myself then it might provoke an attack.

As for my strategy, IR game cameras have not worked in the past so I am not going to use them myself. Instead I want to set up "Plotwatcher" time lapse cameras in such a way that they're inconspicuous (home-made ghillie style camo), silent (sound-proofed), and scent blocked, so I'll be setting up groups of them in an overwatch pattern along secluded or convenient creeks and nearby chokepoints while wearing a ghillie and scentblock. If this infantry-style terrain-based strategy is effective, then it's not much of a leap to assume I could stumble across sasquatch while I'm in the field. The only issue I can see is that the cameras might be very visible to Sasquatch at night, if they do have "Infravision" - the capability to see in infrared.

It also just occurred to me that if they do see and avoid game cameras it might be possible to use IR cameras (or IR light sources) to herd them into chokepoints.

Edited by shoot1

Guest Kronprinz Adam

From the 2001 BFRO report on Severn Run State Park in Maryland - a friend in high school, who used to live near the park, say that BF uses the stream as a corridor; they walk through there "all the time"....

Dear Shoot1.

I also think that maybe Bigfoot uses ravines. People usually do not descend there...and some of them have plenty of vegetation and maybe small animals...(frogs, lizards, birds) that Bigfoot could eat. What do you think? Any desolate place may be good for Bigfoot to roam!!!

Greetings.

K. Adam.

Guest BFSleuth

shoot1, I like your concept for setting up plotwatcher cameras and possibly using IR cameras to push them into choke points. That's the kind of creative thinking that could get some results.

Guest Thepattywagon

Waterways would prove to be beneficial in cornering a meal as well. If a group of BFs on the hunt could herd a few deer toward the water's edge, it would eliminate at least one easy escape route for their prey.

And of course, there is a lot more food available around and in water.

Not only do I think that this postulation is probable, I'm basing my attempts to research Bigfoot on this claim. In one of my areas, There is not only a major river, but the tributaries that flow into it. This area has 3 recorded reports on the BFRO and I've interviewed several of the local residents. I don't think it is a happenstance that at least 5 of these incidents took place within the watershed area of one major creek that flows into said river.

There are also other factors to consider. As Jiggy said, there are other avenues of travel that are advantageous regarding ease of travel. There are rivers, streams, power line cut overs, and railroad tracks, but one of the best examples in my area that may be overlooked is a natural gas pipeline right-of-way. This is easy to traverse, especially as compared to streams, rivers and power lines. They are constantly maintained and provide ease of travel. I know because I've walked them. Hopefully, as funds permit, I'll train a camera along this site where it intersects the river.

Which brings me back to the original topic - Streams and rivers. Every one of the avenues I mentioned above intersect the river in my area, as well as a couple of the streams.

I'm betting on the claim that Bigfoot travels waterways and other avenues of easy travel that allow it to remain concealed.

Guest shoot1

Not only do I think that this postulation is probable, I'm basing my attempts to research Bigfoot on this claim...as funds permit, I'll train a camera along this site where it intersects the river...I'm betting on the claim that Bigfoot travels waterways and other avenues of easy travel that allow it to remain concealed.

I think that if more people take this approach we'll get results soon - and I don't mean "Melba Ketchum Soon". As far as funds go, in the [idea] Use Game Cameras to herd Sasquatch thread I posted this link : Refurbished Original Plowatchers are available for $69 each! and I detail how they can be scent-blocked and sound-deadened.

plotwatcher-angle_189_405_efece7.png

Edited by shoot1

Why, thank you, shoot1. that sounds like exactly what I need!

That should be perfect for the natural gas right-of-way. At that price, I may be able to get a few extras for some other areas of interest.

• 2 years later...

All of my bigfoot sightings and trackfinds have been within 100 yards of an water source (lake, pond, marsh, river, creek, stream, etc.), no matter what time of year. So I think most of the time they probably use the waterways to get around in their territory. So when I'm out in the field that's where I spend most of my time looking, is around water sources/waterways.

With all the rain we've had here in W. Oregon, the river/creek water levels are high and moving too fast I think for a BF to cross. So I decided to check out some of the bridges in my study area. I checked the areas around the bridges and the bridges looking for any BF tracks crossing them. I didn't find anything.

I also set up a Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Max with a 0.6 second trigger speed on one of the bridges. I couldn't set it up facing the length of the bridge, so I set it up on the guardrail facing across the bridge. I set it for 30 second video clips with a one second time lapse. Just in case one does set it off maybe I'll get the second BF crossing, if there is more than two together.

The trigger speed is still too slow. I didn't get any of the vehicles that crossed. But I did get the rearend of a deer. I only had the trail cam set on the bridge for one night, because I don't want the trail cam to be taken or destroyed.

• 4 months later...
Guest possessed

I believe they do hang closevro streams and use them for travel. I have had four possible encounters, all of them have been while trout fishing in very remote areas.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There weren't any tracks coming into the location at the creek bank where Roger Patterson captured his film, meaning the animal he caught on film would have had to used the creek to get to that location. I don't think it's something that they would do often though unless maybe they're trying to catch salmon in the fall.

It's worth mentioning that they need to drink water so I think the majority of their group or clan will likely be located near a good source of water.

Edited by OntarioSquatch