How Tall Could A Squatch Get?

Guest SquatchinNY

Same here. The height gets taller due to the element of the unknown and excitement level at the time.

Very likely bound to happen.

Yes, I suspect that is the case with very tall estimates.

I was helping my brother build a tree-house for his kids.

I was amused to discover the window sill was 8 feet off the ground. I pointed out that this meant an average bigfoot couldn't look in, which my neice thought was funny. When I stepped back from the structure, I got a real feel for just how tall 8 feet is. I'm pretty sure if I can into something that tall - especially in low-light or if I wasn't expecting it - it would feel a lot taller than 8 feet.

Tim

Guest MikeG

Let's just put 15 feet tall in perspective.

Adult giraffes are around 18/ 19 feet tall. A 15 foot tall sasquatch would easily be able to pat a giraffe on the top of the head, as it would be able to stretch up some 5 feet above its own head.

I'd put this into the same category as smoking and clothes-wearing sasquatches.........the product of an over-active imagination.

Mike

Guest thermalman

No, it was right beside it. And I was inside and glad for it.

Did this happen in MN? Do you have a BFRO report filed?

Guest BFSleuth

Salubrious's sighting is discussed on this thread:

The picture that he drew, with details of the width of the lane and position of the butt to the center line and hands to the edge of the road and height of the head when the creature was seated relative to the height of his own eyes... it pretty well describes a huge creature observed up close.

Here is another recent thread that was dedicated to the question of the largest sighting reports:

Guest Chefsquared

Isn't possible to estimate the height by using the length of tracks or casts? I don't know exactly how it works...some formula I guess.

Guest Darrell

imagine what the tallest Sasquatch could be

Its all imangination. What on this continant is taller than 10 feet? 8 Feet? Its all conjecture based on what someone else said. If, and thats a big if IMO, one is ever collected I IMAGINE it will be no more than 7 ft tall, probably less.

Robert Wadlow was 8 ft 11.1 inches

350px-Robert_Wadlow.jpg

imagine what the tallest Sasquatch could be

Wadlow had gigantism, which would have allowed him to grow and grow as long as he was alive. Probably could have passed 10 feet had he not died(at22). It serves no purpose to discuss him when talking possible sasquatch heights. He is an extreme outlier and certainly not indicative of normal human potential. Unless you are suggesting a sasquatch afflicted with the same disease, which would do the same to them as it does to us, and when the bigfoot became too big for its skeletal system he would become very brittle and alot easier to catch.

Guest Figboot

In terms of reports I think there has to be some relativity to the height of the witness and they're estimates. I doubt Sasquatch are indeterminate, although its not improbable that there are some taller-than-most about, just like with humans. Most reports of adults seem to average 7 and half to 8 feet. That's seriously big anyway, have you ever met a 7 foot human? I have once and it felt like they were almost twice my height despite in fact being 'only' about 14 inches taller.

Obviously it's guess work but any over 10ft would really surprise me.

Guest BlurryMonster

Wadlow had gigantism, which would have allowed him to grow and grow as long as he was alive. Probably could have passed 10 feet had he not died(at22). It serves no purpose to discuss him when talking possible sasquatch heights. He is an extreme outlier and certainly not indicative of normal human potential. Unless you are suggesting a sasquatch afflicted with the same disease, which would do the same to them as it does to us, and when the bigfoot became too big for its skeletal system he would become very brittle and alot easier to catch.

This is a very good point about gigantism that few seem to take into account when talking about bigfoot height. It's a very debilitating disease. Robert Wadlow could barely walk without leg braces, and even with them, it was extremely painful for him. He died because of an infection by by those braces, by the way; his immune system was too weak (another size issue) to fight it. It's also very common for tall people of non-record height to have frequent health problems as well, usually to do with joints or the immune system.

The human body (or anything preportioned like it, as bigfoot are said to be) is not built to work at extreme sizes. I recall an analysis that stated a doubling in human height would require boes to multiple by a factor of eight for the body to support itself. That means that a 12ft. bigfoot, which there are reports of, would realistically be about eight times the weight and width of a 6ft tall man. Does that sound feasable, or like something that could be agile or elusive?

Edited by BlurryMonster

Guest shoot1

I have no clue how tall they can get but I don't see why they would have trouble with circulation. The worlds largest Grizzly bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds,12′ 6″ high at the shoulder, 14′ to the top of his head. Why would a 12-15 foot tall Sasquatch have trouble with circulation to it's extremities when bears do not?

Edited by shoot1

I have no clue how tall they can get but I don't see why they would have trouble with circulation. The worlds largest Grizzly bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds,12′ 6″ high at the shoulder, 14′ to the top of his head. Why would a 12-15 foot tall Sasquatch have trouble with circulation to it's extremities when bears do not?

FWIW http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/g/giantbear.htm

Even most sightings are likely exaggerated. I think it's pretty hard to gauge how tall something is without a really easy reference, that's why they have the measuring markers in stores, so the clerk can at least guess how tall the robber was. Even the one piece of decent footage they have, the PGF, has been argued about for decades regarding the height of Patty. Any sightings that involve a height are suspect at best. If they exist, I'd think they are similar to the taller of us in height, maybe slightly higher. But I know squat and readily admit it.

Cheers