Siege At Honobia: Attracting The Predators

Guest SquatchinNY

Why don't you go to Honobia and attempt to get clear photos?

While you're there you could also pay a visit to the folks who claim to have had the "experiences". 

The guy on the property said that the 110% sure fire way to get a Dianne Fossey level experience was to tie a deer liver around your neck and just walk into the woods. Said you would get sure fire verification of their existence in about 5 minutes. So who is up for the challenge?

Guest Crowlogic

Contrary to some I am not anti Sasquatch.  I have however have learned how to vett a story and have developed an instinct about certain kinds of stories/reports.  When one has had an ear to the ground so to speak for nearly half a century not many things get a free or easy pass.  Bear in mind all of the free and easy passes that have been dispensed in the past 50 years haven't produced the grail of proof positive or even proof probable.  The laws of probability concerning Bigfoot happenings are the same as everything else.  When a comedy of errors and failures of normally reliable objects like cameras and the like seems too concentrated in time and place to ring true then the happenstance is most likely untrue.

The guy on the property said that the 110% sure fire way to get a Dianne Fossey level experience was to tie a deer liver around your neck and just walk into the woods. Said you would get sure fire verification of their existence in about 5 minutes. So who is up for the challenge?

Bring a 30.06 and a box of ammunition.  Drop the first one and don't stop shooting until the last one has high tailed it.  Use your cell phone to get photo and call in assistance.  Guard the kill/kills.  It's cruel it's bloody and it's the only way to get this thing into the real world.  All else has failed.

Guest keninsc

Contrary to some I am not anti Sasquatch. I have however have learned how to vett a story and have developed an instinct about certain kinds of stories/reports. When one has had an ear to the ground so to speak for nearly half a century not many things get a free or easy pass. Bear in mind all of the free and easy passes that have been dispensed in the past 50 years haven't produced the grail of proof positive or even proof probable. The laws of probability concerning Bigfoot happenings are the same as everything else. When a comedy of errors and failures of normally reliable objects like cameras and the like seems too concentrated in time and place to ring true then the happenstance is most likely untrue.

Bring a 30.06 and a box of ammunition. Drop the first one and don't stop shooting until the last one has high tailed it. Use your cell phone to get photo and call in assistance. Guard the kill/kills. It's cruel it's bloody and it's the only way to get this thing into the real world. All else has failed.

I would have to agree with you on that, much as I might hate myself afterward.

Hello All,

If you have an excel-type program (either Excel which you pay for or LibreOffice which is free) You can download this file. Just double click the "Incident Account" column to read the reports. I especially like the story about the two guys running out of the woods, turning, and firing a 30.06. I love doing this:

Edited by hiflier

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to the Honobia account albeit second handed (Wes from Sasquatch Chronicles) ....the part that was a bit frustrating was that Wes stated that the Honobia dude said re the killed BF (who was allegedly carried off by another BF)....that there was blood and brain matter all over the place....why not get that evidence????

Well, a couple hundred dollars worth of game cams and some lights will get them off the property.

I've been hoaxed by the best of them (RD), the supposed Coast interview with Art Bell in Texas, Smeja, and I can tell you it is very difficult to tell a hoax from the 'truth' , being that everything is taken at face value. People tell good BF stories, and have an incentive to 'make it up' a bit on the blogtalks, one local guy to my area I felt was BSing. But...ya never know.

Game-cams, lights, they go away.

• 1 month later...

Just reread the siege report and at the beginning Matt mentions incidences in Kentucky and South Carolina and wondered if anyone knew what Matt is referring to?

Being in SC I would really like to know about that report....

Prior to 02/2012, I had not even heard of the PG film.

I also have no animosity for the Humphrey family.

At the invitation of an acquaintance (who went to HS with one of the Humphrey clan), he, myself and two others went to Mike's home and met his dad and (then) wife. They were very cordial and opened their home to us and seemed to accept the fact several of us were skeptical.  We were told the story first-hand and shown some photos on their computer. My assessment was they were genuine in their statements and although the pictures shown were interesting, I (personally) saw no UHS/BF in any of them.

Apparently, Mike and Tug's dad has experienced encounters with UHS/BF for at least 2 generations and Mike stated he had regular visits of the UHS/BF to his home (north of Talihina) by the big guys. With this time period being when I was pro-kill, we subsequently offered (multiple times) to come to his place and set up a kill zone, especially when he was having (alleged) aggressive visits and his teenage daughter feeling personally threatened by the actions of the UHS/BF. He declined the offer in each instance. Go figure.

IMO, a lot more questions than answers in this entire situation, all the way back to day one.

Plus, I have had some rather illuminating conversations with retired federal LE that lives in the area. Let's just say that "monsters" can come in many forms. ;)

Edited by Yuchi1

I tend to take the account at honobia more seriously than other "I shot bigfoot" stories. The type of bigfoot or "booger" in this part of the country  seems to be more aggressive. Other bigfoot stories in that part of the country are similar to the Honobia encounter. I am referring to the tristate area where arkansas, texas and oklahoma meet.

In this area just off the top of my head we have the fouke monster, siege at honobia and the boggy bottom monster.

I checked out how far these locations were from each other. Caney, Ok ( boggy bottom monster ) in Atoka county is about a 2 hour drive from Honobia. Fouke Arkansas is about 2 and half hour drive from Honobia. I seem to remember hearing about some aggressive bigfoot encounters around paris texas. That's also about a 2 hour drive from Honobia. 

You'd not heard of PGF until two years ago? I thought a former female moderator and I were the ones that hung out beneath a rock, together. That's some serious non-knowledge.

You'd not heard of PGF until two years ago? I thought a former female moderator and I were the ones that hung out beneath a rock, together. That's some serious non-knowledge.

Mea culpa, typo, should have been 02/2002.

I tend to take the account at honobia more seriously than other "I shot bigfoot" stories. The type of bigfoot or "booger" in this part of the country  seems to be more aggressive. Other bigfoot stories in that part of the country are similar to the Honobia encounter. I am referring to the tristate area where arkansas, texas and oklahoma meet.

In this area just off the top of my head we have the fouke monster, siege at honobia and the boggy bottom monster.

I checked out how far these locations were from each other. Caney, Ok ( boggy bottom monster ) in Atoka county is about a 2 hour drive from Honobia. Fouke Arkansas is about 2 and half hour drive from Honobia. I seem to remember hearing about some aggressive bigfoot encounters around paris texas. That's also about a 2 hour drive from Honobia. 

Skyla,

There are also stories about the Noxie Monster from back in the 50's.  It was almost a siege but I never found what exactly started it... However, the farmer would drive into Kansas every night to put the family in a motel then drive back home to Noxie to defend the homestead.

Skyla,

There are also stories about the Noxie Monster from back in the 50's.  It was almost a siege but I never found what exactly started it... However, the farmer would drive into Kansas every night to put the family in a motel then drive back home to Noxie to defend the homestead.

Interesting, I had never heard of that one. It's a bit farther away, but it does sound similarly aggressive.

Guest zenmonkey

Ive been speaking to mr humphrey lately he seems very hostile and defensive about his encounter when I ask simple questions. I personally like that. Lets me know he isn't joking around and isn't having a good time with all of this.