Bfro Website Down/gone

Guest BFSleuth

The BFRO web site is still down. Seems to be a more serious problem than normal. Usually their down time is much shorter. Perhaps they should contact gigantor or we could loan him out.... :D

BFF Patron

It'll cost them a couple expeditions to get gigantor, plus a hefty donation to the annual fees/registrations for the BFF software fund.

How about it gigantor, interested in a couple Canada expeditions or how about a Norcal one? I'm sure with the money flowing from Finding Bigfoot they can afford their own IT and web boss.

Or they could just send him one of those 35,000 dollar FLIRs they are said to be using for season 3.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest thermalman

That broken hard drive is pretty squatchy! Stand next to it Bobo for a size comparison. Let me go get my bullhorn and 300 people to comb the office in grid formation for evidence of bigfoots!

LOL....good one wud! "Wud's up doc?" Sorry, just had to say it.....:)

Admin

Their DNS record is gone too. Hope they have backups!

Admin

Looks like they were self-hosting their DNS :lol:

They were probably getting DoS attacks and didn't realize it and now the hardware failed. I really hope they have good backups!

Edited by gigantor

Their DNS record is gone too. Hope they have backups!

...ain't that the truth. Going to wreck havoc getting info for the SSR Data Base.

BFF Patron

Me too!

Admin

The apes got it....

Guest SquatchinNY

^^Not all of it. Sightings aren't working. "Reports Recently Added" isn't working right, it's messed up.

^^Not all of it. Sightings aren't working. "Reports Recently Added" isn't working right, it's messed up.

Hadn't tried those. Its not working on Google for locations.

Edited by treadstone

Guest wudewasa

While we jest at what the BFRO Fuhrer acts like, I feel bad for all those in that group that have put in a huge amount of time following up on entries and reporting their field accounts. Stan Courtney and Bart Cutino come to mind, as well as Matt Pruitt. MANY people have contributed to that site, and the fact that the results of their hard work may be lost just plain sucks lemons.

Guest Yeti1974

Were reports seriously lost?

That WOULD indeed be a hit to Bigfooting, no doubt about it. I hope everything is ok.

Guest BFSleuth

This isn't a good sign. I tried accessing several of their reports by google search and always got a SQL server login error. Seems like they are having a difficult time right now. Hopefully they have backups and can get everything running again.