Has This Theory Been Put Forward Before?

dopelyrics

Hello All,

I'm not sure whether this theory has been discussed before. I think it probably has but I'd like to get people's thoughts regardless. It is a little sensitive, perhaps, so I'll tell you right now I don't mean to cause offense or stir up a hornets nest.

If I am to believe Bigfoot exists (I think he probably does, but not 100% convinced yet), I think it is a type of human. Relic, feral, I'm not quite sure.

Anyhow, I was watching a programme in the UK last night, about the runner Michael Johnson, who was asking the question why so many black athletes were successful in athletics - especially the sprinters. He was investigating a theory that slavery might have something to do with it - a type of unnatural selection where only the strongest survived in the slave ships from Africa. The slaves had been brought from all over Africa and, as they mixed, they created a large gene pool that would make them bigger, stronger, faster.

That got me thinking - and yes it maybe a completely stupid idea but I'm going to say it anyway - is it possible that Bigfoot is actually a group of slaves who escaped to live in the forest and have remained, and reproduced, largely undetected, for centuries? We often hear about Sasquatch having black skin etc'. Could they have lived and survived and be living off the land? Maybe they wear animal skins for warmth and people are misidentifying them. I realise that a human would be up against it to survive in rugged terrain, mountains, snow etc'. But could it be possible?

Feel free to call the men in white coats to come and collect me, but I had to ask. I have no idea if it could be possible.

Best regards,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest Twilight Fan

An interesting theory...I don't think almost all witnesses would mistake fur clothing for a furry-bodied animal though. No one knows for sure...but I would guess not likely. I too am starting to believe they are some form of human though :) Thanks for sharing your theory.

SSR Team

I'm more sensitive to your avatar Lee to be honest..;)

But seriously, with regards to what you said, i personally highly doubt that is what BF's are.

They may be a form of Human, i have no idea, but they're not 100% Human, i know that much, and Slaves were/are.

Haha yes a few people will be sensitive about that Bobby O!!

And yes, I'm sure a lot of eyewitnesses wouldn't misidentify what they are seeing.

Best.

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest Shaun

Hi Lee, so - that Avatar, I take it you're from London like all the other Man U fans? :-)

An intersting theory, and I like it - but unless the slaves were 9ft tall, with extremely large feet, I'm not so sure.

HI Shaunw73 - No, Manchester, and a United fan like the overwhelming majority of people who live here :)

Yes, I get your point completely. The thing is, though, a Sasquatch has never actually been measured. 9 feet tall is an estimation, and we do know eyewitness testimony isn't always reliable. What we do know for sure is that African-American men can grow very tall (as can Caucasian men). They can also have extremely large feet. And a Sasquatch footprint has never been verified as genuine (at least not universally).

There more I think about the theory, the less water it holds, because I'm sure we'd have discovered people living in groups in the forest.

Best,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest Shaun

HI Shaunw73 - No, Manchester, and a United fan like the overwhelming majority of people who live here :)

I lived in London for a bit (before Chelsea got rich), and they were all Man U fans... Nice to see a proper one ;-)

There more I think about the theory, the less water it holds, because I'm sure we'd have discovered people living in groups in the forest.

Nah, there are loads of tribes still being found in South America. And, continental north america is a huge area, so you never know. :-)

Hi ShawnW73,

Ha nice one!

Yes, you are right about the tribes living elsewhere. I do think they are a tribe...of some sort. Maybe they have been there thousands of years.

What are two Englishmen doing talking about Bigfoot anyway? Shouldn't we be on a Loch Ness Monster forum??!! :)

Best.

Lee

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'd say it's a really good theory. And I also believe they are human. Maybe not humans like us, but still humans :)

anthropoid_feet.jpg

Humans that changed their way of living and mutated into what we know as Bigfoot today. Redeveloping things like their mid-tarsal joint. In other words, feral humans.

The programme last night said that there was a theory that some humans could evolve in just one generation if they had to. I'd never heard that before. But if true...well, over several generations over the last 4 hundred years then maybe it isn't as ludicrous as I thought it might be!

Best.

Lee

I think Michael Johnson's point had less to do with slaves surviving on the slave ships and more to do with slave owners purposely breeding the biggest and strongest with each other. I regret that we live in such a sensitive time that Johnson cannot say something that is so blatantly and obviously true without stirring up a giant controversy. That was a very ugly chapter of what has been a very ugly book that we call American History, but the fact is that it happened. As disgusting as it was that it happened at all, I get even more disgusted when I see this topic discussed and some bigot will say something along the lines of "well I guess they should be thanking us then!" or something equally as disgusting. I'm sure that current African Americans' athletic success would be absolutely no solace to the generations of men and women who were born and died slaves, having never known freedom. By the same token, today's athletes should not feel any less proud of their accomplishments because of things that happened several generations before they were ever born, and I feel sorry that it seems as though Michael Johnson carries some kind of guilt or feeling that he doesn't deserve his accomplishments; that's just my take on his comments anyway.

As far as Bigfoot is concerned, much of the reason I am a firm believer without ever having had my own encounter is because of the eyewitness testimony. I am not willing to completely disregard the giant mountain of not just "I saw something move" testimony, but full-on "he was right there in plain sight and we were looking at each other" testimony. There's just too much of it that I have personally judged to be quite genuine. I consider myself an excellent judge of character and feel like I can usually tell if a person is genuine or putting on a show (teaching elementary school sharpens these skills quite well!), so I trust my instinct when I see people talking about it. So, even if I am wrong half of the time I trust a witness, that still leaves half that know what they saw and are telling the truth. Because of my faith in the eyewitness testimony, I have a hard time believing that so many people would have missed the mark so badly, not realizing it was just a feral African American they saw.

Good thoughts though, and kudos for having the guts to go ahead and bring it up!

SSR Team

As the great Jim Royale said, overwhelming my arse..

The City is blue and always has been, we all know that and that's coming from a Londoner. ;)

On topic. i've been thinking about this a bit today and i still can't see how in such a short space of time things like a full body of hair and the giant feet and giant general height could evolve, i may be wrong but i don't think the time frame would be long enough for that kind of physical evolution would it ?

Haha BobbyO, you have clearly never been to Manchester. United outnumber city 3 to 1 AT LEAST. And everyone in Manchester knows that, including the city fans. City has never, ever been blue. And it never will be. Besides, Jim Royal is a scouser and he would say that. :)

I would agree that there would not be enough time for people to evolve into giants. Any evolution over a couple of generations would be very small changes I would imagine.

Best.

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest Shaun

What are two Englishmen doing talking about Bigfoot anyway? Shouldn't we be on a Loch Ness Monster forum??!! :)

Blimey - there are loads of us here. Persoanlly, I saw something in the forest of New England that I couldn't explain. Been interested ever since.