Why Do You Believe, Or Not Believe, In Bigfoot?

I believe that just about everything is possible. However, the likely hood of things occurring ranges from nearly 100% to nearly zilch.

Guest parnassus

In 2003, my son and I had a large object tossed at us while night fishing along a remote creek bottom. The creek and surrounding area was clear for at least a 30 yard radius. A cinder block sized object was a might big for even Brett Farve to throw. That tweaked my interests and I began my quest.

In 2009 I finally saw a Bigfoot staring at me, it was peeking over a bush at about 150 yards. I had binoculars right on him for a time until trying to walk closer to him. Walking in the woods and brush with binoculars doesn't work very well.

Just over several months ago, I was approached by a family group of five, one of which was 15-20 feet from me.

Seeing is believing. They do walk among us.....

Amazing; was this last encounter at night? Did they know you were there?

Guest Biggie

Even the BF believer experts, sweaty and bill, believe patty to be max 6.5 feet. So I'm just curious as too which scientists you are referencing when you say 7.5 and outside the human range. If you are simply stating an opinion that's fine, but that came off as a fact and when I asked you to back it up you just beacame upset.

If you're curious enough about that then you will look into it and find what I did. I didn't get upset at you. Just stated my thoughts.

Guest ZeTomes

In 2003, my son and I had a large object tossed at us while night fishing along a remote creek bottom. The creek and surrounding area was clear for at least a 30 yard radius. A cinder block sized object was a might big for even Brett Farve to throw. That tweaked my interests and I began my quest.

In 2009 I finally saw a Bigfoot staring at me, it was peeking over a bush at about 150 yards. I had binoculars right on him for a time until trying to walk closer to him. Walking in the woods and brush with binoculars doesn't work very well.

Just over several months ago, I was approached by a family group of five, one of which was 15-20 feet from me.

Seeing is believing. They do walk among us.....

I quote Parnasus. I am also very curious to hear about it.

May I question you where did you find them? It was casual or you were searching for bigfoot's traces?

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest ZeTomes

If you're curious enough about that then you will look into it and find what I did. I didn't get upset at you. Just stated my thoughts.

C'mon Biggie, give the man a hint. :guitar:

Guest Biggie

C'mon Biggie, give the man a hint. :guitar:

You sure play a mean guitar Ze. lol

Don't go feeling sorry for him though Ze since he's a grown man and he doesn't need help from anyone here. I already shared some info here he could have researched. He can also easily find scientists who believe the same on a google search about the footage like I did in the past if he'll just take the short time to research it himself. Not said with any intent other than honesty.

Guest wudewasa

I'm open minded to the existence of this creature, but having never seen or interacted with one, I cannot on my conscience profess my belief of this species. I would love to see this issue sorted out, but at this time, no hard evidence has been presented, only hearsay, peer review possibilities and specualtion about purported material.

Footprints do not do it for me, neither do recorded sounds, blurry video footage, or accounts from individuals claiming to have witnessed this animal in some way. I am not calling these people who share their experiences liars, but witnesses have either experienced an encounter with another species or abiotic event, or they have actually seen bigfoot. Hoaxers are a whole different matter, which can be discussed on another thread. I refuse to accept an individual's account as irrefutable evidence.

Rather than restate the DNA, body or both biological components necessary for documenting this creature for science, I ask you to search for other thread about this particular topic.

For those who state that they don't have to prove the existence of bigfoot, rather, they know it exists due to personal interactions or the accounts of others, they are welcome to their opinion.

Prove me wrong, please, but don't ask me to drink the empty calorie kool aid of peripheral evidence.

I don't believe in bigfoot. I know from direct face-to-face experience that they do exist.

What I can't believe is how mainstream science studiously ignores the evidence of their existence and continuously works to discredit evidentiary sources.

The truth is pursuing mainstream science down the alley and mainstream science is tipping over every trashcan possible in an attempt to avoid the truth. Eventually the truth is going to trap mainstream science at the end of the alley - and that will result in an interesting display.

Guest wudewasa

I don't believe in bigfoot. I know from direct face-to-face experience that they do exist.

What I can't believe is how mainstream science studiously ignores the evidence of their existence and continuously works to discredit evidentiary sources.

The truth is pursuing mainstream science down the alley and mainstream science is tipping over every trashcan possible in an attempt to avoid the truth. Eventually the truth is going to trap mainstream science at the end of the alley - and that will result in an interesting display.

Perspectives like yours are frustrating. Please cite the evidence that is being discredited by scientists. The fact that academics, or anyone for that matter, must believe things in a certain manner is offensive. Science is not the bad guy here. There are certain protocols that good science uses, and you have the right to disagree with the scientific method. Just don't tell those involved in scientific fields how to conduct themselves.

Guest ZeTomes

You sure play a mean guitar Ze. lol

Don't go feeling sorry for him though Ze since he's a grown man and he doesn't need help from anyone here. I already shared some info here he could have researched. He can also easily find scientists who believe the same on a google search about the footage like I did in the past if he'll just take the short time to research it himself. Not said with any intent other than honesty.

I was indirectly saying I was the curious one :P

Perspectives like yours are frustrating.

I would add also fascinating. The statement appeared to be a perfect example of projection.

Perspectives like yours are frustrating. Please cite the evidence that is being discredited by scientists. The fact that academics, or anyone for that matter, must believe things in a certain manner is offensive. Science is not the bad guy here. There are certain protocols that good science uses, and you have the right to disagree with the scientific method. Just don't tell those involved in scientific fields how to conduct themselves.

Actually, I'm a scientist myself, and have taught at the collegiate level, so I think I can criticize my peers on occassion. I'll ask you four simple questions. How many research dollars are being devoted to this subject by accredited institutions? Why does Jeff Meldrum come under fire by his own peers due to his interest in the subject? Do you personally feel that there is insufficient forensic evidence to suggest, in its totality, that there is an undocumented species out there? If not, then why is mainstream academia giving the subject a pass?

Edited by JDL

I would add also fascinating. The statement appeared to be a perfect example of projection.

I don't see it as projection.

I'll ask you the same questions. In spite of the totality of forensic evidence, how many research dollars are being devoted to this subject by accredited institutions? Why does Jeff Meldrum come under fire by his own peers due to his interest in the subject? Am I imagining that a dismissive, or even condescending attitude exists regarding bigfoot in mainstream academia?

• masterbarber locked this topic