Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

It's hardly conceited, it's basically just my opinion, based on everything I currently know and can read-up on the enigma that is Bigfoot.

It is quite conceited to think you know beyond certainty that BF does not exist. Most people I know who are of that mindset will not even entertain a discussing on the possibility other than to ridicule.

Surely anyone can watch Legend (barely) Meets Science and (never) Finding Bigfoot and think: "this is nonsense."

Television shows made to entertain over pursuit of scientific fact are not proof that it absolutely positively does not exist.

I personally watched my nephew laugh all the way through the PGF, whereas I was intrigued by my first viewing, albeit as a child. If that's still the best evidence for Bigfoot then i'm not going to hold my breath on the real deal.

I have considered the possibility of Bigfoot being real, but to be honest, most of this consideration was done as a child, even then, at that cheerful age, I knew it was basically just a modern myth born out of a confused legend.

There is no real intelligence in the pursuit of such a fictitious creature. What keeps me interested, apart from the legend itself, is the people who continue to believe in spite of the fact that this creature has never existed beyond the pages of Monster magazines.

As I have said I have never seen one so I can't say with certainty that they do exist. And I myself have gone back and forth with believing during my life, but always held open the possibility.

And holding the belief it exists due to any one piece of film or any one story would be non-sensical. It is the stories told over centuries that have led me to believe there must be something to this. I do not believe all of these people are either liars or crazy or mistaken in what they saw. I can dismiss some of them if not most of them as so, however not all.

We would all love nothing better than rock solid proof to be found. Until then however, some of us will not believe, some of us will believe, and some who have seen it will know. If those of you who do not believe see the rest of us as childish, then so be it.

Teems with huge, inhumanly proportioned feet? Who hiked God-knows how far through the wilds to get home after impaling a foot on a nail board? And for which there is no record documenting the treatment thereof?

Yeah, about that. It's usually not a good idea to use TV shows disguised as educational documentaries for citing Sasquatch factoids. And especially from the acclaimed History Channel. The good folks that brought you Ancient Aliens, UFO Hunters, Decoding the Past, Nostradamus Effect and of course MonsterQuest. A riveting program that once dispatched 2 young ladies into the desert flipping over small rocks to find ginormous spiders the size of dinner plates capable of devouring a dog. If MonsterQuest was as scientific as they claim, a first year science student on their staff would know the square-cube law prevent spiders and insects from reaching such sizes with the current Oxygen levels on Earth today.

Back to the task at hand. Is this the nail board wound that yielded the blood that in turn yielded the non-human primate DNA that only Nelson was able to find? I'm pretty sure there was no blood in the samples tested. Well at least the two scientists who were not Dr. Nelson didn't find blood or primate DNA. Did Nelson ever reveal how he managed to get non-human primate DNA from Fungi? If we accepted every claim MonsterQuest made during that episode as fact, then here's the newly established ground breaking BF biology/behavior/habits.

1) Bigfoot's have developed advanced bathroom etiquette because after trashing the bathroom, he still had the courtesy to close the door afterwards. To refresh everyone's memory, the first person to visit the Snelgrove cabin after Sasquatch's temper tantrum stated that the washroom door was closed. Only after opening the door did he discover that the bathroom was trashed.

2) Sasquatch doesn't like smashing down doors, but he's not above smashing glass and unlocking doors from the outside. This requires advanced dexterity of the digits to manipulate tiny objects such as door locks. But above all else, Bigfoots possess working knowledge of doors, locks and door knobs.

So let's summarize what BF did to get inside.

, 1st) he tore off the cage screen protecting the glass on the outside of the door but left it dangling , 2nd) the removal of this screen allowed him to smash the glass, 3rd) breaking the glass gave him access to punch the inner bug screen onto the floor 4th) Finally Bigfoot Unlocked the door from the outside and proceeded with vandalizing the cabin. Hence, leaving the door and door frame undamaged.

tardsquatchmodJPG.png

3) Bigfoot can float on air. Bigfoot destroyed the woodstove as the cabin owner attested to and soot was everywhere. So Bigfoot failed to leave a single print in this soot becasue he was lighter than air and never touched the floor with his feet. I mean even if Sasquatch left even a single foot print, I would imagine the cabin owner would have snapped a picture and posted it on his Sportsman Outpost website or maybe even sell it to the highest bidder. I suspect there were plenty of prints, but not the type that would earn money.

Mulder, on 24 August 2012 - 09:35 PM, said: Who hiked God-knows how far

Actually, no hike required. Shortly after the airing of MonsterQuest Sasquatch attack part one, I managed to find Snelgrove on Google Earth to determine if it's isolated as the owner claimed. Low and behold, there was the town of Slate Falls just a few miles away totally accessible by boat/canoe with no portaging or hiking required. I'm sure the cabin owner honestly forgot about Slate Falls when he said "the largest town was over 100 miles away." Although not a lie, the statement was deliberately misleading so folks would think the closest populated center was over 100 miles away when it wasn't. To get to the cabin from Slate Falls, it's 6 miles by ATV/car/truck over a dirt road that directly connects to the Snelgrove lake system. Then it's another 3.5 miles by boat. So maybe 15 to 20 minutes total travel time. I would not be surprised if the lake that Slate Falls resides on is accessible to Snelgrove via just by boat with no land traversing. Unfortunately, the map resolution prevented me from confirming this.

SNELGROVE-1.jpgslatefalls.jpg

Mulder, on 24 August 2012 - 09:35 PM, said: Teems with huge, inhumanly proportioned feet?

I'm assuming you meant teens. If I remember correctly, no prints were found and the inhumanly large feet length was extrapolated from the nail board. A highly subjective and generously proportioned extrapolation that extended the estimate well beyond the edge of the board. Coincidentally, the guy who magically found the non-human ape DNA from fungus helped in the size estimation of the aforementioned inhumanly proportioned feet. So I would have to insist that there is a credibility or competence issue with that estimate.

toestubbeda.jpg

BTW, I've always wondered why Monsterquest depicted a 5.5 ft tall midget-squatch and not the traditional 9 ft 800 pound specimen stepping on the nails. I mean even Meldrum was taller than our pigmy BigFoot.

pigmyvsdad-1.jpg

That is, until a placed a scale sized sasquatch next to the cabin. Perhaps viewers would wonder how Sasquatch fit in that door. Not only would he have to lube up his entire body to squeeze through that door, his head would protroud through the ceiling and out through the roof. For those who haven't had the pleasure of staying at a fly-in fishing cabin. Cabins are not only small in sq footage, but structure height is also typically lower. This is to reduce material transport costs. Remember, everything needs to be airlifted in. So cabin height could be a foot to 2 feet lower that what you're accustomed to making it that much more uncomfortable for a sasquatch to enter. In fact, I've stayed at 3 different fly-in cabins and at one of them, the door openening was just barely enough to clear my 6' 1" frame. It's also interesting to note that 2 of the cabins had no door locks because they really were in the middle of no where. The 3rd had door locks because there were 2 other cabins nearby.

pigmyvsdad-2.jpg

So is it safe to say that this Monsterquest team managed to establish a new Sasquatch variant, one that comes 5.5 ft tall but still with the inhumanly proportioned 18 inch feet. Of course this is based on the infamous estimate extracted from the nail board.

Well, go and get me the evidence which proves you're seeing a fictional being. That's all I can say. As for me sticking round, i'll be here, i'm also on the JREF. I'll be waiting for this evidence as soon as it (doesn't) arrive(s).

Well, that was a nice play on words to request *proponents* and *witnesses* get you evidence that proves they are seeing a *fictional* being.

Stop and think about that for a hot-minute and you'll probably note the connundrum in what you state.

And, you won't be sticking around. Please enjoy your vacation compliments of The BFF Staff. You made all of 7 posts, got reported 4 times, managed to insult most everyone here, and were immediately noted as a troll.

Hope you are enjoying our Jamaican vacation plan and presently sipping a daiquiri or the rum based *hunch-punch* that dominates the island.

You did set a record here though I think in getting into such trouble after only 7 posts.

Not much to be proud of.

I'd like to compliment the Forum Staff for being *johnny-on-the-spot* and handling all of the reported posts in a prompt manner and weeding out an obvious troll who's only intent was to demean our members.

I'd like to compliment the membership for *reporting* the infractions and allowing Staff to handle them and the situation.

All along someone will stop in just to demean. Don't buy into what they are attempting and just report them and the Staff will take the appropriate actions.

We will not tolerate such disrespect to our membership or trollish behavior.

Off-topic I guess, but consider it an CA statement.

Carry on with the discussion, but a couple of you other guys are on really thin ice so be careful.

Cool to challenge posts with opinions so long as it is done so in a respectful manner mindful of this rule...

Skeptics welcome! Assuming you don't come in with preconceived and immovable notions regarding Bigfoot and those who discuss the phenomenon, you'll find a spirited and thought-provoking debate waiting for you here. But keep in mind, this is a Bigfoot forum. You must accept the proponents point of view if you expect yours to be considered. This is by nature a “Bigfoot House†and is intended to foster intelligent discussion of the subject. This is not “The Anti-Bigfoot Forumâ€.

Uncool to be demeaning and disrespectful.

Guest thermalman

^ care to speculate on when that might be?

I don't think any of us are prophetic. Skepticism has be proven wrong thousands of times in history. Time will tell. :)

Yeah, about that. It's usually not a good idea to use TV shows disguised as educational documentaries for citing Sasquatch factoids. And especially from the acclaimed History Channel. The good folks that brought you Ancient Aliens, UFO Hunters, Decoding the Past, Nostradamus Effect and of course MonsterQuest. A riveting program that once dispatched 2 young ladies into the desert flipping over small rocks to find ginormous spiders the size of dinner plates capable of devouring a dog. If MonsterQuest was as scientific as they claim, a first year science student on their staff would know the square-cube law prevent spiders and insects from reaching such sizes with the current Oxygen levels on Earth today.

Back to the task at hand. Is this the nail board wound that yielded the blood that in turn yielded the non-human primate DNA that only Nelson was able to find? I'm pretty sure there was no blood in the samples tested. Well at least the two scientists who were not Dr. Nelson didn't find blood or primate DNA. Did Nelson ever reveal how he managed to get non-human primate DNA from Fungi? If we accepted every claim MonsterQuest made during that episode as fact, then here's the newly established ground breaking BF biology/behavior/habits.

1) Bigfoot's have developed advanced bathroom etiquette because after trashing the bathroom, he still had the courtesy to close the door afterwards. To refresh everyone's memory, the first person to visit the Snelgrove cabin after Sasquatch's temper tantrum stated that the washroom door was closed. Only after opening the door did he discover that the bathroom was trashed.

2) Sasquatch doesn't like smashing down doors, but he's not above smashing glass and unlocking doors from the outside. This requires advanced dexterity of the digits to manipulate tiny objects such as door locks. But above all else, Bigfoots possess working knowledge of doors, locks and door knobs.

So let's summarize what BF did to get inside.

, 1st) he tore off the cage screen protecting the glass on the outside of the door but left it dangling , 2nd) the removal of this screen allowed him to smash the glass, 3rd) breaking the glass gave him access to punch the inner bug screen onto the floor 4th) Finally Bigfoot Unlocked the door from the outside and proceeded with vandalizing the cabin. Hence, leaving the door and door frame undamaged.

3) Bigfoot can float on air. Bigfoot destroyed the woodstove as the cabin owner attested to and soot was everywhere. So Bigfoot failed to leave a single print in this soot becasue he was lighter than air and never touched the floor with his feet. I mean even if Sasquatch left even a single foot print, I would imagine the cabin owner would have snapped a picture and posted it on his Sportsman Outpost website or maybe even sell it to the highest bidder. I suspect there were plenty of prints, but not the type that would earn money.

Actually, no hike required. Shortly after the airing of MonsterQuest Sasquatch attack part one, I managed to find Snelgrove on Google Earth to determine if it's isolated as the owner claimed. Low and behold, there was the town of Slate Falls just a few miles away totally accessible by boat/canoe with no portaging or hiking required. I'm sure the cabin owner honestly forgot about Slate Falls when he said "the largest town was over 100 miles away." Although not a lie, the statement was deliberately misleading so folks would think the closest populated center was over 100 miles away when it wasn't. To get to the cabin from Slate Falls, it's 6 miles by ATV/car/truck over a dirt road that directly connects to the Snelgrove lake system. Then it's another 3.5 miles by boat. So maybe 15 to 20 minutes total travel time. I would not be surprised if the lake that Slate Falls resides on is accessible to Snelgrove via just by boat with no land traversing. Unfortunately, the map resolution prevented me from confirming this.

I'm assuming you meant teens. If I remember correctly, no prints were found and the inhumanly large feet length was extrapolated from the nail board. A highly subjective and generously proportioned extrapolation that extended the estimate well beyond the edge of the board. Coincidentally, the guy who magically found the non-human ape DNA from fungus helped in the size estimation of the aforementioned inhumanly proportioned feet. So I would have to insist that there is a credibility or competence issue with that estimate.

BTW, I've always wondered why Monsterquest depicted a 5.5 ft tall midget-squatch and not the traditional 9 ft 800 pound specimen stepping on the nails. I mean even Meldrum was taller than our pigmy BigFoot.

That is, until a placed a scale sized sasquatch next to the cabin. Perhaps viewers would wonder how Sasquatch fit in that door. Not only would he have to lube up his entire body to squeeze through that door, his head would protroud through the ceiling and out through the roof. For those who haven't had the pleasure of staying at a fly-in fishing cabin. Cabins are not only small in sq footage, but structure height is also typically lower. This is to reduce material transport costs. Remember, everything needs to be airlifted in. So cabin height could be a foot to 2 feet lower that what you're accustomed to making it that much more uncomfortable for a sasquatch to enter. In fact, I've stayed at 3 different fly-in cabins and at one of them, the door openening was just barely enough to clear my 6' 1" frame. It's also interesting to note that 2 of the cabins had no door locks because they really were in the middle of no where. The 3rd had door locks because there were 2 other cabins nearby.

So is it safe to say that this Monsterquest team managed to establish a new Sasquatch variant, one that comes 5.5 ft tall but still with the inhumanly proportioned 18 inch feet. Of course this is based on the infamous estimate extracted from the nail board.

Malboro, I too, agree it was likely a human source who trashed the cabin. I don't necessarily agree with all of your logic, or "wordplay", as HRP put it. Anyone, could have snowmobiled over the ice to get there, (BF would have access as well over the ice). Cabin owners in that neck of the woods tend to leave in the fall and return sometime next spring or summer. So there is ample time for anything or anyone to trash the cabin.

It's hardly conceited, it's basically just my opinion, based on everything I currently know and can read-up on the enigma that is Bigfoot.

So all the evidence means nothing to you. All the tracks, hairs, eyewitness reports, etc are basically nothing?

Surely anyone can watch Legend (barely) Meets Science and (never) Finding Bigfoot and think: "this is nonsense."

And your credentials for saying this are what, exactly?

this creature has never existed beyond the pages of Monster magazines.

Proof?

^ care to speculate on when that might be?

I'm leaning towards Sykes/et al pulling the trigger on this. He has a good reputation and clearly established credentials.

^^^Mulder - I think "Gilbert" might be on a BFF enforced "staycation" and isn't available to answer questions.... :)

Marlboro - Good job debunking questionable evidence that came from an info-tainment TV program. :thumbsup: Well done.

Maybe you can move on to debunking the continuity in details reported between native American legends, "Wildman" reports in the historical record going back to nearly colonial times, and modern sightings. I would argue that most modern sightings were made by people who were not already familiar with the historical record when it comes to Sasquatch. Include in your debunking a good explanation for "giant man-like tracks" being reported in the late 1800's, well before the modern era of Bigfoot craze. Were there lots of hoaxers running around making tracks in the wilderness back then? Many of these accounts from the past seem to jibe with modern reports - reports that were largely made by people with little background knowledge of BF. And don't think that I am stepping up as some expert, which I am certainly not - but there are members here with expertise on the "historical" Bigfoot. I would just like to know how you fit that aspect of Sasquatchery into your skeptical outlook. While you are at it, maybe you would like to comment further on modern BF tracks, trackways, and how they all must be hoaxes. The BF phenomenon did not arise out of a vacuum, so what is the explanation?

It's going to happen. It's controversial become some think bigfoot is human, which is isn't.

I agree that taking a specimen is inevitable to an "official" discovery process.That second statement is bold and daring, leading me to believe that you have seen some evidence that others of us have not (at least not me, since I am not a witness) While I think it is a safe bet that BF/wildmen are certainly rather unlike modern humans, what comes of evidence that they may have language? Can we start drawing lines/making pronouncements about classification this early in the game?

Ray, three things. First, your moniker affords you a lot of anonymity on this site. Googling your moniker gets 630 million hits....

Yet it's the 'moniker' I've been using online for a number of years. My real name too, not something fabricated like salubrious. (unless your first name is Sal of course).

The same real name I've been using since the days of the IBVC, in the mid-late 90's. Same real name I used when I ran a bigfoot website back then, and the same real name I used on bigfoot message boards more than a decade ago. How is that being anonymous?

2nd. Most of your post above is pretty much what I was saying, but I get the impression you were trying to contradict me.

No, I added some clarifying words to make your statement a little more factual. :D

[3rd. the last sentence?? LOL! ROTFLMAO!!! obviously you don't have a career to risk....

Obviously you're not a scientist. :laugh:

RayG

Guest digsy11

I'm rather new to these forums so forgive me but can I just say the burden of proof is on the believer in this case. Asking for someone to prove something does not exist when the human population does not know if it exists without doubt is,in my opinion, absurd.

I understand the arguements for positive evidence (prints,sightings,sounds etc) & personally I would LOVE these beasts to be real but as an Englishman sitting in a town called Colchester, far removed from any bigfoot activity they are no more real than a unicorn, again this is just my opinion.

Of course it's going to fall on the believers to produce evidence. They are the ones who are actually out there looking. It's really easy to sit at computer and feel like you have it all figured out. There are some of us who you could say were drafted into the search for bigfoot. I went the first 32 years of my life not really giving it much thought at all. Hunting all my life I never saw anything that would lead me to believe there was anything to it. Then the day after Thanksgiving on 2007, I saw one on an elk hunt and that changed everything. And it wasn't just some glipse of something dashing across the road. I had him in my scope for at least a minute. I could have shot him but I didn't. I just felt that with my luck, I'd be the one guy who got in trouble for doing it. A feeling came over me that just said, "don't do it". So now I'm stuck here being lumped in with the people you guys continue to insult on the daily. I could lay out my resume of sanity, but who cares what a bunch of computer jockeys think anyway.

Guest digsy11

Quite frankly I find that post insulting. I have no feeling one way or the other about people looking for bigfoot, infact it's them people that advance subjects like this. Weather you have seen one or not does not inform my opinion, I would have to change my belief system to have any opinion on that. I simply stated that, from my point of view they're not real as I PERSONALLY have no evidence to suggest they are and as science, which my belief system is based on, do not recognise them therefore nor do I.

To throw around insulting remarks like computer jockeys is neither construtive or respectful. That comment says more about you than it does about me.

Guest digsy11

Just a side note, I would love the chance to challenge my beliefs. The fact live in England unfourtunately negates that. I admire people who go searching for BF. I always try to challenge what I believe in because I'm open minded, recently I went on a ghost hunt. It's not that I'm blind to believing it's just that I, as stated, am a slave to Science unfortunately :wild:

Well when you say that you admire people who go searching for BF, that's a lot different than starting off by pulling the unicorn card out right off that bat. That's insulting to people who've seen it.

Guest Darrell

And all it takes is a thread like this: http://bigfootforums...bs-and-bigfoot/

and all this serious credibility goes down the drain. Id lump all the native american legends in the same basket.

Well when you say that you admire people who go searching for BF, that's a lot different than starting off by pulling the unicorn card out right off that bat. That's insulting to people who've seen it.

Seen bigfoot or a unicorn? And why be insulted? Nobody can even prove what they saw was a bigfoot/unicorn to start with. For some reason just because someone says they have seen a bigfoot/unicorn we have to believe it?

Edited by Darrell