Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

Maybe I'm the one who's confused but I thought this thread was: Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence.

What would you like to talk about in this thread Thermalman?

There's a sense of gratification when the truth is revealed and an understanding of how to obtain contact with an unclassified possibly sentient being.

When they show up, hopefully blatant about their presence, there's a change in the air, an intense and heightened sense. The air is charged and something unlike anything else is right there watching you.

When they vocalize, showing the true strength of their voice, your life will never be the same. You just learned the truth. Between human and animal. Sounds like it could speak english the way it can pronounce low end whoops. You can hear each letter. Raspy with a hoarse rough voice. Booming with a massive lung capacity, way beyond human.

It's mate thumped its chest, a rapid triple thump. I heard it twice in 2 weeks. First time the whoops called back. The chest thumper snapped a tree limb. My buddy yelled out in shock and it was over. Done.

Some of us have our own personal proof that they're real.

I know it was nothing else. We were looking for them. It was an area of previous activity. First time there. We called and they came. Took 4 and a half hours. Changed my life.

If I knew then what I know now, I just might have a **** good piece of film.

Too bad that they catch on so quick. They know I look for them. They've knocked, giving me the same wood knock I always give them one day exiting my vehicle. That was incredible and showed me they are very intelligent. Crazy? Sometimes you think it's absolutely insane!

It was the undeniable voice. Some have experienced sightings, some have heard the voice at close range. To refute how can you know by a vocalization? You've never heard the lungs of a sasquatch at close range.

What I find sad is, by coming in with an agenda that puts many of the BF students off, the skeptics miss a chance to see evidence that isn't made public. It takes the ability to gain the trust of those who feel they have much to lose if the misplace it.

What students? What evidence? I've asked repeatedly for examples of the best evidence in the past few pages of this thread alone. The only one to answer me was Thermalman back around post #460 and I gave detailed responses. Just because I don't agree with everything I'm told is true doesn't make me evil and it doesn't prove either side is right. I believe that the skeptics here are the students - we are following the scientific method and searching for answers. The believers are blindly accepting what they are told or what they feel w/no room for questions or dissension.

Edited by Particle Noun
Edited for compliance

Guest thermalman

Maybe I'm the one who's confused but I thought this thread was: Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence.

What would you like to talk about in this thread Thermalman?

You're right about the title OB and that's about it. Do you define excuses as "Prove it, Prove it, Prove it"? You're in the wrong forum if you want excuses...........contact the pros. Most on here are looking as well, but for reason not excuses. We're all students of the subject OB. We should be learning from others, not demanding "where's the evidence" every given chance. Take the initiative and generate some evidence of your own if you can.

Edited by thermalman

Awwwww... someone needs a hug. Need a tissue?

You know the biggest difference between that annoying little kid who keeps asking, "Are we there yet?", and this annoying little skeptic that keeps asking for proof? The little kid actually arrives at the destination. There's an eventual end to the trip. Me, I'm stuck on that roller coaster that keeps coming back to the starting gate.

This thread is about the abundance of excuses that are used to stave off the lack of definitive evidence. There's no requirement for anyone to participate if they feel uncomfortable.

Once upon a time I was a patient believer. I know, doesn't seem possible, does it? I figure I'll be lucky if I live another twenty years, so if I seem a little impatient with all the 'breaking news' that fizzles, it's because I am. Life doesn't last forever.

And that list of breaking news is a pretty big list, and so far none of it has panned out. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. So some proponents can rant and rave all they want about tracks and hair and sightings, and sounds, and wood knocks, and nests, and tossed pine cones, and smells... some skeptics are going to call them on it. Me, I'm no longer at the point where I hang my hat on any of that, and certainly not on every pronouncement and report.

I guess after 40 years I'm ready to give up. Got bigfoot? Prove it.

Hit a homer. Knock it out of the park. Shut the doubters up once and for all. Otherwise you're not much different from the little boy who cried wolf. Except in that story the wolf eventually showed up.

RayG

Guest thermalman

What I find sad is, by coming in with an agenda that puts many of the BF students off, the skeptics miss a chance to see evidence that isn't made public. It takes the ability to gain the trust of those who feel they have much to lose if the misplace it.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

No tissue needed Ray, but thanks. Hugs from the girls only.......:)

Edited by thermalman

After 40 years I would've got off that roller coaster, instead of crying about it everyday. I guess it's a good thing I had it resolved for me after just 32 years, all of which, I was never even looking. Not once.

What students? What evidence? What agenda? I've repeatedly asked to be pointed towards the best evidence available on the forum in the past few pages alone. The only one to really give me an example was Thermalman around post #473 (I think) and we disagreed on what was good evidence. It didn't prove either side right and was in my opinion a good discussion. Just because I don't believe everything I read on the internet doesn't make me evil or wrong. If anything the skeptics on here are the students - we are seeking answers and following the scientific method. The believers are just that, they believe something or feel it must be so and tolerate no questions or dissension.

Sometimes seeing is believing. Some of us don't need the same guy that says egg yolks are worse than smoking telling us what we saw or didn't. In due time the labcoats will get around to it.

Guest Luckyfoot

It was the undeniable voice. Some have experienced sightings, some have heard the voice at close range. To refute how can you know by a vocalization? You've never heard the lungs of a sasquatch at close range.

I pussed ya on that toejam.

I have had an interest in BF for years, since childhood really.

I'm convinced I had an encounter. I wrote about it briefly here. It was that voice. I heard a deep ..grunt(?).

Skeptic in me says, naw- coulda been a bear. But I've heard some tapes since and not convinced what I heard was a bear.

You're right about the title OB and that's about it. Do you define excuses as "Prove it, Prove it, Prove it"? You're in the wrong forum if you want excuses...........contact the pros. Most on here are looking as well, but for reason not excuses. We're all students of the subject OB. We should be learning from others, not demanding "where's the evidence" every given chance. Take the initiative and generate some evidence of your own if you can.

Do you define evidence as "Because I said so, Because I said so, Because I said so"? I'm in the right forum, right thread to learn about evidence OR excuses but most of what I've heard has been about the sad state of skeptics who won't belive what they're told. I actually do feel like I'm a student but so far I'm lacking a competent teacher who can convince me. If you have evidence please point me to it! What will contacting the pros do for me? I have read Dr. Meldrum's website, I can follow his reasoning but without a lower extremity to compare his theory to it remains a theory. I still have concerns that his premise about the human leg not being able to support the weight is flawed. We have human shaped footprints that most likely were made by legs with human anatomy. Weight lifters routinely support weights much greater than those guesstimated for bigfoot in both static and dynamic loading. What other pros should I consult? DNA experts w/NDA's? Understand that not believing everything that you or Dr. Meldrum or Dr. Fahrenbach believes doesn't make me wrong. Put two experts in a room and they will have differing opinions - why can't I?

Thanks Luckyfoot. Hearing the whoops gave it away for me. It was a no brainer. Second time was a huge woo and a response from a mate. If it was just that, I would probably still be wondering what the hell that was.

Guest thermalman

Do you define evidence as "Because I said so, Because I said so, Because I said so"? I'm in the right forum, right thread to learn about evidence OR excuses but most of what I've heard has been about the sad state of skeptics who won't belive what they're told. I actually do feel like I'm a student but so far I'm lacking a competent teacher who can convince me. If you have evidence please point me to it! What will contacting the pros do for me? I have read Dr. Meldrum's website, I can follow his reasoning but without a lower extremity to compare his theory to it remains a theory. I still have concerns that his premise about the human leg not being able to support the weight is flawed. We have human shaped footprints that most likely were made by legs with human anatomy. Weight lifters routinely support weights much greater than those guesstimated for bigfoot in both static and dynamic loading. What other pros should I consult? DNA experts w/NDA's? Understand that not believing everything that you or Dr. Meldrum or Dr. Fahrenbach believes doesn't make me wrong. Put two experts in a room and they will have differing opinions - why can't I?

Nope to your evidence suggestion. You seem like an intelligent kinda fella, if you seek the truth you'll find it, and whomever you believe to be your true teacher. Those things I cannot provide for you. Take the initiative and go for it big guy.

I wouldn't ask for it if people who claim to have it wouldn't constantly say, " I have so and so, but I can't show it to anyone because of________". How is that any different than buying something sight unseen?

Edited by CTfoot