Operation Persistence

Chimpanzees have human genetics, Bigfoot probably would too, let's ask Ms. Ketchum!

Yeah, There are countrys that won't do experiments on any of the great apes anymore, and it's why people who work with Disotell have to go in the jungle to collect their samples for genetics studies. Chimps were nearly reclassified as genus homo a few years ago. This sets a precedent for anything closer to humans. Just ask Jane Goodall.

If it turns out that a woodape has human genetics, do you think ignorance will be a good defense? I would say that there might not be a scientist who would curate the specimen because the political nightmare eminating from the fact it was not given the respect and burial that "humans" deserve.

For anyone to be convicted of a crime, the accused must possessed some level of criminal intent at the time of the act. There is no intent here that I can see to murder a human. It's reasonable for them to believe this is a non-human animal. If they actually killed a sasquatch, I doubt the Government will act indignant about it. Frankly, they should be embarrassed there are sasquatches in the forest unknown to the Government, presumably.

I am not a black helicopter guy. But, if there are sasquatches in the woods, I would be a little surprised it was completely unknown to the Government at some level, in some agency.

The main legal issue that I see, is that the TBRC has been warned that if they shoot a Wood Ape, they are probably shooting at a person in a suit.

The paucity of evidence supporting the idea that Wood Apes live in Oklahoma, and the repeated pleading that they not shoot the ape, because it is probably a man in a suit, would give any prosecutor the cause to bring it before a Grand Jury.

Members of the TBRC, you were warned by several concerned people that shooting at a 'Wood Ape' is most likely going to end up with a person in a suit being shot, were you not?

But the things they did were not things that humans could do.

Really? We'd love to ask the victim about that... Is it true that you planned to shoot the next Wood Ape that came into range despite the warnings that it was a human?

yes.

Yeah, I don't think I would focus on killing one, until I had some blood, or something like that.

The main legal issue that I see, is that the TBRC has been warned that if they shoot a Wood Ape, they are probably shooting at a person in a suit.

Totally impossible. We are not seeing people in suits, period, full stop.

Now, am I saying that because I believe it or because I'm setting up a plausible deniability defense just in case? Hmmm....quite the Machiavellian mastermind.

Totally impossible. We are not seeing people in suits, period, full stop.

Now, am I saying that because I believe it or because I'm setting up a plausible deniability defense just in case? Hmmm....quite the Machiavellian mastermind.

Yeah, this logic about people in suits is what I would expect from Ernest T. Bass.

I am not a black helicopter guy. But, if there are sasquatches in the woods, I would be a little surprised it was completely unknown to the Government at some level, in some agency.

Me too. I've seen visitors from high places on a particular website. ;)

How did you know who they were SY?

I don't know Bipto, I'm more worried about someone confiscating the creature or the Andromeda strain breaking out into the human population because one of us was exposed to its blood. Too much Walking Dead, I guess.

Edited by CTfoot

How did you know who they were SY?

I couldn't tell you their name, but the IP was from the highest office as it was self-labled. Came in on a search query for cryptozoological groups.

Me too. I've seen visitors from high places on a particular website. ;)

Conspiracy theories eh? I've often wondered who might be in the know, especially with all that technology out there.

To sum up, I guess the point I'm trying to make is, do any of you really think that after 36 pages (at this point) of this stuff that anyone is going to change their stance based on comments posted here? Perhaps everyone should just take a deep breath, sit back, and let the TBRC do what they do and see what comes of it. I know I get bored with seeing the same arguments, questions, and accusations in post after post after post and I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone. Vent over.

Not only the time they spent, how about the money they are dishing out, and will probably never get back. That's one thing that drives me nuts about some skeptics is that they never consider the human factor in there. More so than ever, people's amusement, pretty much ends on the sidewalk of the movie theater,

Who today, is going to go through all that trouble with an elaborate hoax and most likely, will never make their money back.

Risking getting injured, damaging their personal lives, etc... And it's not just one or two guys that are 18 working at a gas station with nothing to do, seems to be that they all have so much to loose. To do all this and not know if they are real, That would be more Belshazzar than all the crypto animal species put together.

Edited by zigoapex

There's not a prosecutor in this country that would bring a case against someone that shot and killed some kook that was dressed in a gorilla suit running around the deep woods. No way. A first year law student could easily show a jury that whomever shot the guy in a suit had a reasonable belief that it was a SASSY. I would have no problem at all in shooting one. If I am ever given the opportunity to do so, you all will be reading my post about it describing the events second by second. I wouldn't be the least bit worried about a prosecution.

I say good on ya BIPTO. Get after that Big Grey Booger and bring him in. I'd love to be there with you and lend a hand......or a gun.

Nalajr

Ike, I dig your whole post and think you're right on the money. However, I'd like to clarify that the TBRC doesn't drink beer when we're out there doing our thing. Drinking, dark, and high power weapons are a bad combination. Other than that, top notch. Couldn't agree more.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that's what you or the TBRC gang does. I intended it to be interpreted in more of a metaphorical sense.

@ptangier.........If I take up a collection will you please stop posting about the Federal regulations regarding non-game animals. You've posted the same thing about 5 times in the last three pages and the last time I checked about 10-15 pages before that you were posting.......yep....the same thing. Give it a rest man, seriously. As a proud citizen and unrepentant defender of the Republic of Texas, I'll clue you in on a little secret. Going on about Federal regulations is probably the weakest argument you could have brought to the table.........if you know any native Texans this is self explanatory.

To the guys insisting the TBRC is in it for the money or to write off "cool toys".........that is some pretty insulting internet bravado. As long as we abide by Forum rules and etiquette we are all provided the privilege of voicing our opinions here. My personal suggestion is that folks participate in a conversation here the same way they would if everyone were face to face. I don't see Bipto insulting you and making accusations and ad hominem attacks in his responses.As to the "Pro-Kill" thing. Again, several TBRC members have clearly voiced at various times, through various means that they are not "pro-kill", they are "pro-results". For those of you with better ideas about how the discovery should be handled, by all means, go out there and do it.......................no results yet? Didn't think so.

To the Marine who was proposing the tranquilizer scenario, I think the one of the greatest concerns is that one of these animals dies without being recovered for evidence. I doubt any of these guys wants a dead BF for the sake of a dead BF. Considering the speed with which these things have reportedly been observed moving at, I highly doubt you would recover the animal. If Ketamine was used (as previously suggested) I wouldn't want to be within ten miles of an 8 ft specimen (of what is probably THE apex land predator on the planet) when it woke up tripping balls.

Edited by Irish73