Operation Persistence

Bipto-

I would like to address the Bigfoot Show, it is the one where you are trying to figure out some of the money you would make if you did kill one.

Some of the places money would come from, for the guy who is the face of the discovery;

Speaking circuit- Universities, Biological Companies, from all over the world would be offering large sums to tell the story of the discovery. $10,000+/engagement for the first few years

A Book Deal- Self-explanatory

TV/Movie Deal- Self-explanatory

Fees to assist on other expeditions

Endorsement deals with Remington, or Weatherby, Real-tree, etc...

Guest spots on documentaries, which would become far more common

Book signings

Magazine guest articles

Celebrity appearances on TV shows, letterman, conan etc... Ala Jack Hannah

Zoo appearances

I can't think of any more right now

as far as I know, the history of bigfoot research should be accused of looking for the most expedient solution.

I see that point, though a lot of it is more like Bigfoot tourism than research, similar to going to see "Lincoln was born here" etc plaques*.

Or it's been as effective as "shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted" as a method of catching horses. Not just in terms of results, but in terms of method also.

(* i.e. he was here once, but he's not here now.)

Bipto- I am not personaly accussing you of person gain. What I am suggesting is to use caution instead of lofty ambisions. Doesn't make it right because you and your members have spent a lot of time "hunting" BF. And as far as the F&W service it is agianst regulations to shot ANY non-game animals period. And by the way your verbage about calling BF a woodape is that if you use that terminology enough that people may believe it is just an animal and not a close Homo genius. You do not know if the BF is an animal or not but you are willing to forward your agenda anyways without caution or a pretext. I suggest YOU read the USF&W regulations and then contact the state you do your field research in.

Some of the places money would come from, for the guy who is the face of the discovery;

Hey don't forget Hollywood could do a Crocodile Dundee type franchise, "Bigfoot Bipto: Apes#!t in Annapolis" When a strange murder is done at the USNA and the victim is ripped apart, there's only one man to call.. " :D

Bipto- I am not personaly accussing you of person gain. What I am suggesting is to use caution instead of lofty ambisions. Doesn't make it right because you and your members have spent a lot of time "hunting" BF. And as far as the F&W service it is agianst regulations to shot ANY non-game animals period. And by the way your verbage about calling BF a woodape is that if you use that terminology enough that people may believe it is just an animal and not a close Homo genius. You do not know if the BF is an animal or not but you are willing to forward your agenda anyways without caution or a pretext. I suggest YOU read the USF&W regulations and then contact the state you do your field research in.

The state of Texas was contacted by someone and they replied that shooting a Bigfoot was NOT against any laws in that state. This was covered several weeks ago.

A real good picture will satisfy most of us.

A picture, no matter how good it is, will only line the skeptics up like if they were on a firing squad.

There is pictures and video out there that is very compelling, but the people who have them will never release them until bigfoot is proven to be real.as it stands the skeptics are winning the battle, every day that goes by without solid proof, it's a feather in the cap for skeptics.

Unfortunately, it's up to the believers and people that had/have sightings to prove it to be real, why the skeptics sit on their couch,

typing away.

Edited by zigoapex

And...? I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting the TBRC is in for the moolah?

I see that point, though a lot of it is more like Bigfoot tourism than research, similar to going to see "Lincoln was born here" etc plaques*.

Or it's been as effective as "shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted" as a method of catching horses. Not just in terms of results, but in terms of method also.

I also fail to see your point. In what was is the TBRC's approach like tourism? Unlike other groups, one cannot buy their way into the organization or on any of our expeditions. We've also turned town repeated inquiries from television production companies. If we're trying to capitalize on our successes so far, we're doing a pretty bad job of it.

You do not know if the BF is an animal or not but you are willing to forward your agenda anyways without caution or a pretext.

It acts in a way entirely consistent with an animal as intelligent as a gorilla, chimp, or orang. It does nothing that suggests it's human or even human-like.

Edited by bipto

Guest Luckyfoot

Hi Bipto !

I rarely if ever have contributed to this thread, but thought I would put $0.02 in to let you know I am gratefull for the updates and info that you share. I fully support your goal to capture a type specimen. Your ability to answer questions to infity and beyond with those that seem to want to do to just rattle your chain .... is saintly. I would put you beside my sister in an infinite ability to suffer fools.

Just wanted you to know there's many here that appreciate your efforts.

Keep on keepin on ! :good:

• Upvote 2

^^^^Except outsmart humans on a pretty regular basis.

As do deer, turkeys, etc.

Thanks, Luckyfoot, for the kind words to your fellow member. I'm sure bipto will appreciate it as well.

Nope. Never heard of them.

I would put you beside my sister in an infinite ability to suffer fools.

Your sister!? I am in good company, then! :D

I also fail to see your point. In what was is the TBRC's approach like tourism? Unlike other groups, one cannot buy their way into the organization or on any of our expeditions.

Whoops, sorry that wasn't directed at you and yours, it was a comment on how in general "bigfoot research" often seems to have proceeded in the past and still sometimes today with unfocussed efforts. Though I'll still cross my fingers and do almost exactly the same thing, on account of not having located any "prime" habitat where they might be lingering for significant portions of time.

And...? I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting the TBRC is in for the moolah?

Yes.

Someone even bragged about how it's all tax decuctible. Get to buy all kinds of cool toys and play in the woods, and write it all off.

Okieman- you are correct about shooting a non-game animal in Texas. However isn't that just on private property. States have enacted regulations for their own state but if states do not regulate it reverts back to the USF&W mandates. As stated it would be prudent to check with your perticular state and see what flys.

Yes.

Someone even bragged about how it's all tax decuctible. Get to buy all kinds of cool toys and play in the woods, and write it all off.

Please show me where a TBRC member bragged that this is all tax deductable and they can buy all kinds of cools toys and write it off.