Operation Persistence

I don't think the question on the legal aspects has been answered, it has been avoided with any concrete "yes" or "no" answer simply because there is no precedent for this kind of situation. I don't think the TBRC really knows what the end result will be when the mission is completed, I'm sure they've tried to anticipate that end result as anyone would assuming this risk/responsibilty.

I see any resulting legal action involved being related to some government authority finding a way to legitimately take the specimen away from the TBRC, or whoever they designate to receive the specimen. As for cost, the TBRC's venture is listed as a non profit endeavor aimed at conservation so that some of the expenses can be listed as a tax write off. I am not clear on how shooting a wood ape would be considered conservation unless it's what you plan to do after proving the creature is real. Everyone seems to have the same goal, it's how to accomplish that goal that seems to be the main bone on contention. We could sit up here and argue that point ad nauseum and still not reconcile the differences in opinion.

This thread has devolved into:

"What if they're human?"

"We don't think they are."

"But what if they are?"

"They aren't."

"But what if they REALLY are!?!"

Substitute "human" with questions of legality or hoaxing and that's pretty much it. If there's nothing else left to discuss regarding this thread's original purpose (the operation, its goals, its findings, etc.), then perhaps its useful life has come to an end.

This thread has devolved into:

"What if they're human?"

"We don't think they are."

"But what if they are?"

"They aren't."

"But what if they REALLY are!?!"

Substitute "human" with questions of legality or hoaxing and that's pretty much it. If there's nothing else left to discuss regarding this thread's original purpose (the operation, its goals, its findings, etc.), then perhaps its useful life has come to an end.

Do you have any audio recordings or photo's you can share? You're bound to have come across objective evidence that supports the teams experiences on some level by now.

Hi Bipto, I have a question for you - do they emit any sort of strong and/or foul odor?

Absolutely. Smells not unlike a wet horse with hints of urine.

Do you have any audio recordings or photo's you can share? You're bound to have come across objective evidence that supports the teams experiences on some level by now.

We have shared audio recordings. Several. We've also published an article on our website of a hair that's being DNA tested by Sykes. No photos. But you knew all that already.

Interesting, I was chasing a wet horse smell round one of my areas of interest* a couple of years ago, I had it pinned on deer though.

(* not all that interesting, gives vibes of have possibly been here but not here much at all, like they camp for a couple of days in berry season or something. Only keep going back to maintain awareness of where all the trees are, and because it's not too far away. )

Interesting, I was chasing a wet horse smell round one of my areas of interest* a couple of years ago, I had it pinned on deer though.

It's not that all musky animal smells are apes. There are a lot of bears and deer in the area and I'd expect at least the bears to be a little stinky, too. We have correlated the smell to the apes, though, based on coincident sightings or other indicative behavior (ie, rock throwing).

Bipto- and what claims or hard evidence do you have to show that the BF ARE NOT of close homo genus?

I've answered this question multiple times. Go look.

Edited by bipto

Irish et al., clearly some people just don't "get it."

Ok, in order to meaningfully contribute to the discussion rather than lurk I thought I would wing this out.

Years ago, I read a book by Barry Sadler titled "Phu Nam" which was a fictionalized, but presumably based on fact account of two snipers in Vietnam. If I recall correctly, in it he details how the American sniper would purge his system of a Western diet so as to not have a distinctive smell, then lie in wait for days if not weeks for that "one shot." The character had a hole dug in the ground which was then sufficiently camouflaged. He would not move from this hole the entire time, but would do everything, eat, defecate, everything in this small hole waiting for the perfect moment to take the shot.

So Brian, I would ask, have you all considered something like this scenario? Since you all have determined that these creatures don't count very well or keep track of when someone disappears, it would seem to me that a dedicated (and I'm talking 2-3 weeks solid living in a 3'x3'x6' hole in the ground dedicated) sniper would have no difficulty pulling this off. In fact, it might be worth considering stepping outside the organization to recruit someone like a recently discharged military sniper. What with so many servicemen recently back home, surely one shooter could be found that has the qualifications, expertise, and the guts to pull this off, or at least try.

Prepare a hole for him a month or so before the plan goes down; have him spend 2-3 weeks in advance eating a "natural" type diet in an attempt to flush the human diet smells from his system; get him in position with whatever necessary supplies are required, and then everyone else leave the site entirely. Go completely old school, no cameras, cell phones, night vision devices, just a man with a high powered rifle against nature and perhaps a radio that is turned off except to make contact to the outside when necessary. I couldn't help but think that some positive result could be had from this approach.

Anyway, just random thoughts to try and bring something fresh to the table.

Edited by Ike

Official Moderator Statement:

Folks, please try to keep to the discussion of Operation Persistence without delving into speculation or asking for proof that the OP's findings, as presented, could be lacking as to proving that the creature is/isn't human. That's not what the topic of the thread is. If you'd like to speculate or present your opinion(s) as to the humanity of Bigfoot, feel free to search the forum for threads where this discussion isn't off-topic.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

See

• Upvote 2

<p>

We have shared audio recordings. Several. We've also published an article on our website of a hair that's being DNA tested by Sykes. No photos. But you knew all that already.

Well I knew you had shared some, but there was tons of data to review still, and my inquiry is aimed towards new things found in that and perhaps correlated to experiences documented in the teams field notes. Maybe thats not something you want to share, but the whole point of discussing the operation here, is to lend a greater understanding of what you've documented, and perhaps about bigfoot itself. If there is no more information towards that end then we "are" waisting time here.

I don't think the question on the legal aspects has been answered, it has been avoided with any concrete "yes" or "no" answer simply because there is no precedent for this kind of situation. I don't think the TBRC really knows what the end result will be when the mission is completed, I'm sure they've tried to anticipate that end result as anyone would assuming this risk/responsibilty.

I don't see the usefulness of endlessly digressing into the subject. Shall I spend all day pointlessly speculating upon the leglity of other posters daily endeavors? (especially when the action in question is only theoretical) We are talking about a cryptozoological creature that doesn't even officially exist. After hearing folks like Brian, Daryl Colyer, and Alton Higgins speak on the matter I am fairly confident that these guys have carefully weighed the potential risks and repercussuions of their actions. They are grown men who have made their respective decisions. The question has been asked. If it actually happens, and they are prosecuted for some crime, feel free to come back and gloat. Otherwise, file the legal question away, and move on man.

Bipto- and what claims or hard evidence do you have to show that the BF ARE NOT of close homo genus?

A specimen will settle that debate once and for all. They aren't orchestrating genocide, one voucher specimen would end the armchair speculation.

Woodswalker, I'm not sure what your redacted comment was....but don't take it personally that they didn't respond to your generous offer of putting some fine Marine marksmanship to good use. I'm sure that at this late phase of their operations they aren't really bringing any new members into the research area. This would be necessary for many reasons, use your imagination. I can imagine the TBRC showing up to the cabins to begin an intricately planned operation, only to find some asshat like Rick Dyer out there running his own personal circus including CNN broadcast vans. Besides that, I would just assume that they already have some very fine dedicated marksmen on the team. After all it's the TBRC, not the NYCBRC. :)

Edited by Art1972
make simple edit/ bypaseed language filter