Observation Shelters: The Truth Behind Bf Structures?

Guest SquatchinNY

Guest wudewasa

Spot on Mike G!

SquatchinNY, thank you for posting your pics and sharing your experience regardless.

For many of us here, we need more evidence than pics of bones, poop and sticks, nothing personal. Best of luck on your next trip!

Plus 1 for Mike on that. That's why I've been mum about it. Also, once I reveal what it looks like and how it operates every billybob yahoo will try and spoof it. I only went where the evidence led me. But on second thought it's probably best if I take my pile of sticks and walk away...

Technically, every single thing we say on here is speculation, since a creature we are calling bigfoot hasn't been scientifically proven to exist.

True, Mike. Until I/we see/video one building it, it's all speculation.

I've found a plethora of stick structures but choose my words carefully. Possibly related.

If enough people find them in areas of ongoing activity then we have a little more leg to stand on.

Hopefully time will lend credence to the possibility.

I did have John Bindernagel confirm one that I showed him was not natural deadfall.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/mrmike1111/IMG_4716-1.jpg[/img]"]http://IMG_4716-1.jpg

Guest thermalman

There is a danger inherent in threads like these. What is essentially speculation will soon be accepted as fact, and passed on by all in the BF community (whatever that is) as received wisdom.

Mike

Technically, every single thing we say on here is speculation, since a creature we are calling bigfoot hasn't been scientifically proven to exist.

True, Mike. Until I/we see/video one building it, it's all speculation.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wudewasa

Cervelo,

Great video and objective analysis!

I enjoyed your comments about deadfalls, and wanted to relate a situation where I had something interesting occur.

This year in late August, I was day hiking in western North Carolina on private property. It's a beautiful area full of wetlands, dry ridge tops, pine groves second growth deciduous forest and rhododendron thickets. About 20 minutes prior to the incident I experienced, a flock of 5 turkeys crossed the trail. About the 2pm, the makings for the obligatory summer afternoon storm event began to converge in the sky, and the wind picked up, gusting off and on.

I reached the summit of one area, and continued across the ridge to the other places with good views. A trail that was enclosed by thick rhododenrons piqued my interest, and as I moved downhill on it, ran into countless spider webs. This trail was not well travelled by large animals that day! Switchbacks and shaded soil continued for another 10 minutes, and thunder sounded in the distance. I walked a bit farther, when a crackling and crash of a falling tree echoed though the brush and forest a short distance away. I waited a bit, thinking "It would be so cool if a bigfoot walked onto the trail about now!" Pausing for a picture with sasquatch a bit longer, my camera in hand and then thunder sounded even closer, so I retraced my steps toward the area where I was staying. Sure enough, the storm missed the ridge that I was on and poured rain on a hollow about a half mile away instead. Maybe I missed the encounter of a lifetime?!

I laughed a few times on the way back, impersonating MM- "A tree fell in the woods, it must have been a squatch!"

So, if a tree falls in the forest and a human is around, does that mean that squatch of trying to scare the human off?!

Edited by wudewasa

I think I may have eaten a spider today!

I hear ya on the heighten awareness, I've had branches come down close and absolutely thought at first it was thrown at me, it's a survival thing that's how us puny humans made it this far we access something very quickly and react very quickly and assume its directed at us.

Thanks for your comments, and I will tell you when I got to the padded down area and the chewed part I almost had myself convinced!!!

Here's another find today with the skeptics point of view....

Guest wudewasa

When one is in a dense area of vegetation, and don't know the size of the tree/branch falling, it can heighten senses for sure!

I'm open minded, but tree breaks with no bigfoot association don't mean squatch! lol

I consider myself a skeptical/proponent but on this fourm I'm veiwed as a hardcore poo poo on everything arm chair skeptic.... ironically in the real world I'm considered the wacko at work that believes in Bigfoot and have actually been told not to discuss it with coworkers or clients so you be the judge.

My position is 99.9% of the "evidence" is malarkey, daylight up close eyewitness reports by experienced woodsmen or women are of the most interest to me and I love making and listening to recordings but think there of little value.

I've had several experiences that have made me go "huh" including a stalking incident while hunting on property not 1/2 mile from these vids, when I was 17yrs old that I will go to my grave believing it was on two feet and no man.

But that's just my belief it doesn't prove anything....

If their out there I just try to do things I enjoy outdoors and keep an eye out!

Edited by Cervelo

Well since I've successfully hijacked this thread!!

The final installment of the skeptics day in the woods!

It's the most sarcastic so feel free to hammer away if you feel the need......

Presenting irrefutable proof of Giant Bigfoot on Va!

Cervelo,

Very interesting videos. You seem to be making the case that the "structure" in the first video was not simply nature at work, but put together with intention. Do you have any ideas as to how this was put together and to what purpose?

Scouts? Bigfoot enthusiasts copy-catting? Bigfoot? Environmentalists? Government? Say what?