Have Evidence Need More Equipment.

I hope to NOT see you on Finding Bigfoot. I couldn't think of a better way to disperse a group of incredibly cautious and elusive animals than to send a reality TV film crew into an area that they regularly utilize. If these animals are somehow weary of cameras, sending people with inordinate amounts of gear beyond what is needed to collect basic evidence is probably not "Plan A". Not unless Plan A is to have Bobo re-enact a BF squatting and taking a dump filmed in HD-3D with surround sound.

Unless this is actually your property, and you are inviting a local research group to participate, you are likely to encounter some resistance to trying to get someone to participate exclusively on your terms, but on their dime. That is the reality.

Look at it this way......if you honestly believe that there is enough regular ongoing activity, that you are confident you have a realistic chance of being involved in the incident that finally proves to the entire world that BF exist.........the equipment you are seeking is a small price to pay. Between you and your dad, you could certainly recoup a couple thousand dollars off of proving the existence of BF.

Thank you for your responses. No question is too hard. I wont give specific locations for obvious reason but anything else is fair game. If you want to know something just ask. The diverse views on this board are its greatest asset.

post-19644-0-51933000-1347000848_thumb.j

Edited by Woodswalker

I don't blame you for being apprehensive. If you present some of what you have found, then maybe someone "reputable" will step forward who can assist you.

You can also get a very decent (10 megapixel or better) digital camera for around $100 bucks. Some of these have video capability. If you can get some good pics with it, that might do the trick.

You can also get a lower end voice recorder and mic for about the same.

Don't ever measure the quality of a camera by the megapixel size! It is just about the most mis-leading figure imaginable in that respect.

If the guy wants night-vision & FLIR equipment, then a cheap camera isn't going to be of any use anyway.

Mike

I understand about being too demanding but wanting help. The motivation for some other party to participate with their equipment is the chance to get better than the Patterson film. Something good enough to settle this argument. Video of them say throwing a 25 lb stone like a baseball across a 100 yd expanse. Maybe them using two hands to wrench twist and snap a 10 in. diameter cedar tree 7 feet up in the air. Something physics can prove is impossible for human level strength. Something that shows the living power and grace of these animals. Patterson video still trumps all newer evidence for that simple fact (in my opinion)

post-19644-0-93402400-1347002772_thumb.j

Guest Transformer

His discovery led to collecting of LARGE amounts of physical evidence.

We have hundreds of hairs (with root ball) scat by the 10's of pounds and footprint galore.

You don't need help from any organization or anybody outside of a reputable lab. Just send your hair with roots attached to a reputable lab and you will have your results in less than a week. If it is the find of the millenium you will have no problem from that point getting assistance and money.

I meant go cheap for starters, not base the whole operation around a cheap camera! Something decent that doesn't cost alot of $$$. Use it to capture something dramatic to present here, to help prove it isn't a joke. That might bring the attention of someone with resources or better equipment.

FLIR and NV isn't going to amount to a hill of beans either if you want something like the PG film. They might produce some cool images of pink & blue subjects that people are going to say are fake anyway.

If you are trying to see the pores on it's face at 100 yards, then you are going to need a 100lb HD camera with a NatGeo crew behind it. As has already been pointed out, all that is needed are images or video of it doing something that no human can do.

I see you have a camera already Woodwalker. Is it possible to get pictures of them/it in the daytime? Something to give us an idea of what you are seeing? I mean no disrespect, you may have the key that unlocks this whole mystery.

Yeah I have a 250 dollar sub SLR digital. Still consumer level. Trying it half hearted or half prepared can possibly spoil the site. There is no way of knowing if they will continue to use these areas if they are becoming frequented by humans. Small and fast is the way to go. The biggest reason there is still no better footage than Patterson's film is because of the tactics used.

Call blasting is newer one that is counterproductive. We have no idea what the context or possible meaning those vocalizations have. For all we know it is the take cover and stay low humans are in the area signal! Woodknocking too. They will respond to it if done properly. It is what I believe to be a male display. A territorial one. To really make it work get used to swinging 60 to 100 pound plus pieces of wood around. I have heard real knocks. They intimidate to say the least.

post-19644-0-10718800-1347008323_thumb.j

BFF Patron

Get one of those mirrored blinds with self-contained cameras running 24/7 like they had on one of the African nature shows filming Chimpanzees.

You might have to leave something of considerable interest besides it to invite investigation (or get ready for a long habituation encampment). If you are left with more than pieces of shards of mirrored glass, it should be something worthy of the movie theaters or media production like the PGF (even if you are left with the sherds it should prove interesting if the camera lasts long enough post shattering, lol).

Or you can just hire a naturalist like Hadj-Chikh (and/or a videographer) and pay them like Erickson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-pc_M2qI74

Edited by bipedalist

Guest BFSleuth

Regarding the scat pictures - are the pine cones the big ponderosa pine cones? Can you advise the approximate size of the cones in the pictures to give an idea of the size of the scat? If those are ponderosa cones then that is one huge scat pile. Looks like a LOT of fiber content in there, like wood fiber from twigs or small branches?

It sounds from your description of events that you've got a way to access an area with ongoing activity, and it would require being able to hike through rough country without making a lot of noise and possibly moving with some stealth to a position you can observe them for some lengths of time. Can you get to a location that you can stay for an extended period, like days at a time in a natural blind? Is the location good for someone with a telephoto lens?

Have you made observations only during daytime or also at night time? Would night vision equipment be helpful from the location you plan to film?

If you've had visual observations I would recommend that you post a sighting report in the Sightings/Northwest forum. For one thing we are encouraging members that are witnesses to post their sightings in order to gather more information for the BFF database. For another, based on your observations it might help motivate a member or two to step up and work with you. I think this is a good first step.

You don't need help from any organization or anybody outside of a reputable lab. Just send your hair with roots attached to a reputable lab and you will have your results in less than a week. If it is the find of the millenium you will have no problem from that point getting assistance and money.

That's a good thought. If you can confirm based on DNA that you are onto the species and feel you have the tactics and probability of helping a good videographer get some great footage, then having good DNA will go a long way to helping with funding and other resources.

I PM'ed you with a contact that may be able to help with DNA testing as you've requested above.

Columbia, for those who are not familiar with the state of CA, is in the central Sierra mountains, at about 2000 feet, I think, southeast of Sacramento, sort of east of and between Sacramento and Fresno--certainly "prime squatch habitat," as they say.

I saw my bf just outside of Snelling, about 30 miles from there, on the way up toward Columbia. He was all black and fluffy, he was.

I live near Fresno, and I know the foothills have plenty of sasquatches all over. I find them easily near the tree-lined canals and rivers down here in the Central Valley, for example.

BFRO, arrogant? Some of them sure seem to be. I am sure others are better.

On the other hand, there is the NABS, too. That is the David Paulides bunch. They have connections to the Olympic Project, the Ketchum study, and many other researchers, and probably have the stuff you need. They just are not as brash about self-promotion and as lacking in discretion. Not too too far from your area, up in Oregon, I think.

Guest Fanofsquatch

I think money may be an issue here, do labs test for free like he asked? What about the Dr. who was asking for hair samples Henner Fereinbach or something like that. If you have hair samples that may be an avenue for you to say "ok I have bigfoot hair, now get me a camera and......"

I sounds like a one shot deal, if you spook them you may never find them again and it appears by the photos that something is wearing out the dirt up there.

I have always said keep it small and in control. If you involve too many people a grand opportunity may be lost.

I sent you a PM with contact information. We can get the testing done at no cost to you so please contact us as soon as you can. Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing and seeing more of what you have found.