If You Were Investigating...

When I was a kid I used to make 'forts' like that in the woods. So if I come across something like that I discount them unless I can't explain something about them.

VioletX,

Oh yes on the stick structures so much so it takes something like this to even warranty a second look

Or this both manmade for sure but interesting when you find off the beaten path

Thanks for the images Cervelo, the first one seems like such an odd thing to be man made, to what purpose? If kids are doing it it makes more sense. Still, I will keep my eyes peeled next time I go hiking.

Edited by MikeG
.....Images removed. Please do not re-use images that have been posted elsewhere, even in quotes.

Guest Transformer

I think people are missing the obvious. If you find a track in the woods that you think is a sasquatch you should be able to find the tracks before the one you found and the ones after the one one you found. That way you can then most likely rule out misidentification and possibly even hoaxes. Track the animal as far as you can because you might be able to actually find some physical evidence such as hair or scat that will be of some real use. You might even get lucky enough to have a sighting. That's how it's done with other animals so why not sasquatch? IMHO casts alone will always be proof of nothing.

In your experience there are a lot of wood structures in Va? Or is that popular opinion?

I am interested!

That would be a yes (to both questions) :)

VioletX,

The first image was along a creek in Shenadoah NP about two miles in on a trail called wildcat.

The logs had sawed ends, it is a shelter of some type but no doubt in an odd place and construction.

The second structure bothers me to this day it is just west of Richmond Va and while manmade.

It appears that someone is slightly altering it on a routine basis, removing parts and adding stuff.

There is a path leading to it but access is astoundingly difficult.

I don't like being near it....very creepy

Guest TexasTracker

I have to agree with Cervelo...

If you're hitting the woods solely looking for BF evidence you could lose faith pretty quickly. My friends and I go camping and hiking. We specifically try to hike areas of known/reported BF activity or areas that look geographically ideal for biggie. We keep on open eye and open mind to the surroundings. From time to time, we find things that are interesting like partial prints, tree twists, vocalizations, etc. Even if you find nothing on your outing, it was still a good day in the woods.

When I first set out to "find evidence", I'd often find myself trying to read-into anything I found as possibly squatch related. That's the wrong approach in my opinion. I've learned to try to be observant and take everything in. I kinda try to rate every find on a 0-100 scale. 0 being something that could have been left behind by anything and 100 being highly suspect of biggie. I'm more concerned with convincing myself and my friends about certain areas now rather than "proving to the world" that there is something in the woods. Once I accepted that many of those highly suspect things tend to lean more towards a yes than a no, I found that I enjoyed my time in the woods even more. There are literally 1000s of videos and photos of BF related things in the woods. The majority of those mean virtually nothing to anyone except the person that took them. Convince yourself one way or the other and don't waste your time trying to convince anyone else....

Unless you come across something like the "London Trackway", your evidence will be subjective at best. You'll wear yourself out trying to convince others of what you believe. Hit the woods and enjoy yourself. Spends a few nights out in the squatchiest areas you can find and see how it feels.

TT,

Sounds like we would have a great time on an outing together!

I just like being out there for the hiking, fishing, exploring and if it "just so happens" we picked an area of recent sightings....all the better!

Guest TexasTracker

Cervelo,

It's too bad some of us don't coordinate a "camping trip" or two. What could be more fun than getting some like-minded folks together for a few days of scouting. It would be interesting to scout different parts of the country with fellow squatchers to learn from each other.

VioletX,

The first image was along a creek in Shenadoah NP about two miles in on a trail called wildcat.

The logs had sawed ends, it is a shelter of some type but no doubt in an odd place and construction.

The second structure bothers me to this day it is just west of Richmond Va and while manmade.

It appears that someone is slightly altering it on a routine basis, removing parts and adding stuff.

There is a path leading to it but access is astoundingly difficult.

I don't like being near it....very creepy

That is really weird...and if it is being altered by a non-Bigfoot bipedal, who knows what they are doing...burying bodies is my first creepy irrational thought.

I hope to do some hiking in Shenandoah sometime ;)

V,

Funny (not hah hah) but when I first saw it, that was my first thought.....a grave site!

I know what it most likley is but when I saw how padded down the area was it didn't make sense due to the location.

It's not remote at all just very hard to access if you aren't the landowner (who does not reside at the site) or sneaky heh heh!

Let me know if you get down to the southern end of SHNP I've done some hiking around there.

It's a beautiful area over the next few months!

A wider view of "the grave"

d18355a3.jpg

TT,

Absolutely!

I don't call myself a researcher, since being a skeptic I don't think there's much to it.

But have had a few " huh that's strange" moments to keep my interest over the years.

It does get old sometimes always going it alone for sure.

I'm game almost anytime folks!

Edited by Cervelo

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting take on it C. I guess the barkless spot on the horizontal trunk could be tested for saliva? The wind can do some strange things to trees; snapping some off or bending them down, while leaving a smaller and seamingly weaker one beside it untouched....I've seen this. But the bark missing is of interest IMO

I kinda had myself convinced to be honest LOL

Guess what I'm going back out there tonite to get some friends opinions on the whoops.

I think I'll go out a little early and put my cam on the structure....how's that for a skeptic!!! :)

Heres another vid

Edited by Cervelo

Guest wudewasa

From the Wilderness Survival merit badge requirements-

"8. Improvise a natural shelter. For the purpose of this demonstration, use techniques that have little negative impact on the environment. Spend a night in your shelter." http://meritbadge.or...ss_Survival.pdf

We made similar structures when our troop did this merit badge, and hiked into the woods a fair ways. No squatches were encountered!

Edited by wudewasa

I'm interested in hearing how the "skeptics" would go about collecting evidence, seeing that no one else seems to be able to gather or witness "accurately" in their views.

Since nothing else has worked, I'd have to go with head shot + foot removal.

RayG