What Class Of Bigfoot Witness Are You?

Guest poignant

Guest rustywilson

I'm not usually around the internet, so I'll share but may not be able to answer Qs:

I was sitting around a campfire alone up in Montana, not far from the town of Bozeman, up in the Bridgers (near Fairy Lake if you know the area, and I think the BFRO has at least one sighting up there). All of a sudden, for no reason, the hair on my neck stood straight up. That’s an automatic response from the days we had hair, an attempt to make ourselves look larger when in danger. I was suddenly afraid to even turn around, as I knew there was something straight behind me. I was terrified.

I don’t tell this story often, as it takes me into a mind space I don’t care for. I sat there, stone scared, and something came up right next to me. I was afraid to even turn my head to look at it, I was literally scared stiff. I felt a hand or something on my shoulder, I was too scared to do anything but sit there staring into the fire. I wish now I had turned and acknowledged it, at least, but I didn’t.

It then turned and walked back into the forest, leaving a musky smell behind. By the time I came out of shock, I stood up and turned around, and all I could see was this massive shadow-creature walking away from me on two legs into the forest. It left me with a feeling of fear and astonishment. Call me nuts if you want, and I’ll probably agree with you.

Edited by rustywilson

I dont think I have anything that falls under said categories, but...The feeling of being watched, hair stands up while trout fishing years back. 2 wood knocks in the winter, almost 4 years ago, in winter, -20 F. Wife heard a 13 second vocalization, and I heard 3 heavy steps outside the cabin after dark. Steps stopped as I carried wood to the fire pit outside. Dont know if it stopped or walked away softly as I heard nothing more. Do these qualify for any awards?

Edited by finlander

• 2 weeks later...

1A - recorded AUDIO evidence and close contact (200 feet - knocking & whistling) at the initial site near the river - I have six cell phone recordings but they stink

2B - unconfirmed sighting without recorded evidence (sighting out of the corner of my eye) at the river

1B - unrecorded very nearby knock and branch snap, with another wittness at the river

3A - personal observations of two potential artifacts, with recorded evidence (potential blind/shelter at the lake, and very weird marker/broken large wood branches in an unusual place possibly a territorial type marker at the river)

Guest poignant

1A - recorded AUDIO evidence and close contact (200 feet - knocking & whistling) at the initial site near the river - I have six cell phone recordings but they stink

2B - unconfirmed sighting without recorded evidence (sighting out of the corner of my eye) at the river

1B - unrecorded very nearby knock and branch snap, with another wittness at the river

3A - personal observations of two potential artifacts, with recorded evidence (potential blind/shelter at the lake, and very weird marker/broken large wood branches in an unusual place possibly a territorial type marker at the river)

Can you rule out any other possibility for the whistling and wood knock in your 1A?

Can you rule out any other possibility for the whistling and wood knock in your 1A?

95% sure, I'd say.

Went out there the next day to see what could be seen, and walked the field perimeter. Seeing as how it was pitch black Oregon blackberry-bramble filled forest, I'm pretty convinced there were no humans out there in the bushes in the dark, dark night. It would have been MIGHTY uncomfortable. I suppose someone COULD have been out there, but it would be highly, highly unlikely just because of where it was (sorry to be vague, to protect the site). Plus I was just being a smart-a** whistling back while hearing something else whistle - I was quite startled when it answered - and I thought it was a bird at first. But then it copied me and repeated what I did and freaked me out. I did NOT expect to find what I found!!!! It was the furthest thing from my mind, a complete accident.

Plus, a well known researcher from another group went out with me two weeks later to rule out any homeless living in the area etc and we found no one back there (and no one else walking) in two hours of walking the trails making lots of noise whooping and knocking and hollaring - and we found only ONE piece of trash and one old fire pit (explainable as above, but I can't post it here). What we did find was interesting, too. NO cobwebs across the paths of a very well used, cleared, extensive path system; they were only off the path in the brambles and bushes. I found that curious in it's own right. I do NOT think this path is as well used (by humans) as it looks like it is.

I'm pretty sure we were trespassing for a good deal of the time we were walking, but in the name of science, right????