Bigfoot And Cattle

Explorer

Is there any information on the interaction between BF and cattle?

Does BF avoid cattle country?

I heard that geographic areas with high BF sightings tend to correlate with areas of high density of deer and elk (not sure if this is a true statement).

If this correlation is real, is it a random event or is it related to BF hunting/eating deer/elk?

What evidence has been found that BF hunts deer or elk?

If BF hunts deer/elk, then isn't cattle an easier catch?

Or is the entity smart enough to associate cattle with people.

According to MM BF sees the cattle as "our food" and all other wild game as "their food", so they leave cattle alone.

I still laugh everytime I think about that one.

My guess is that even the largest BF would have a hard time bringing down a full sized cow. A calf would be easy, true, if not for the big ol' cow guarding it.

In short, cows are just too big and strong for them, and they would know there is a good chance of a severe injury being inflicted upon them trying to bring down a cow. Bulls would be even more difficult, and dangerous.

Admin

Lots of reports of missing cattle in BF country. Even some reports of BF chasing cattle.

I think I heard them killing a couple of the neighbor's calves one night.

There were a few unusual vocals that night. I listened to them pass by here & move on toward a neighbor's pasture where he kept a large herd of cows & calves. It was rare to hear the cows get upset when the BFs were there, but this night, they started mooing & it sounded like they were running from something.

They got quiet for a few seconds, & I heard what sounded like a calf bawling frantically. Suddenly it was shut off in mid-bawl. Almost immediately, there was another bawl with the same ending.

All of the BF vocals stopped after that, & I imagined them carrying calves off somewhere to have for a midnight supper.

• Upvote 1

Admin

I seem to remember (vaguely!) a report of a BF approaching a head of cattle (bull, cow, calf?) and killing it instantly with a blow to the forehead. I will see if I can find it or if it is just a random thought trespassing in the back 40 of my memory.

I seem to remember (vaguely!) a report of a BF approaching a head of cattle (bull, cow, calf?) and killing it instantly with a blow to the forehead. I will see if I can find it or if it is just a random thought trespassing in the back 40 of my memory.

Seems unlikely that the "soft" hand of a primate can instantly kill a bovine when evolution has made head-to-head frontal blows part of the breeding process?

I live across the street from a lot of cattle and always listen and watch carefully. Those little calves would be easy pickin just hiding in the grass. Everytime I go check the

mail I think of grilling steaks. By the way, I use the T-rex method on my Big Green Egg mmmmmmm,