Bigfoot And Cattle

Explorer

That could be the result of too much soft drink, candy and cake as well. Beef isn't bad in and of itself, and I'll bet ol' Bigfoot would enjoy some tenderloin from time to time if presented with the opportunity to acquire some.

Heck, Patty was no fashion queen. Maybe there are glutenous Bigfoot just as there are humans that overeat.

I heard a story from a guy that wanted to buy property in the Abiqua area (an area known for BF activity), that he asked the homeowner if he had ever seen a BF. The homeowner said yes. In the 1980's something was disturbing the cows making them moo and stuff in the evening. He and his son went out to take a look and they saw a BF chasing around or playing with the cows. It wasn't attacking the cows just harassing them I guess. But the homeowner said the cows only came up to the waist of the BF. He said he has never told anyone about what he saw for fear of ridicule, scaring his wife, and the fact no one has ever asked him before.

If the story is true, I don't know. It's one of the two stories I heard of BF and cattle.

• 2 years later...

I think if BF hunt & eat elk & deer? It's possible if a BF is hungry enough it may hunt and eat a cow. 

Yesterday my farmer/neighbor showed me a picture of a cougar he shot and killed in his driveway two weeks ago. He said he was driving down the driveway and the cows were running up the driveway. So he pulled over to get out of the way and see what was going on. At first he thought it might be coyotes chasing the cows, but sure enough it was a cougar. So he got his gun out and shot it. He said he's never seen that before.

So if a lone cougar is hungry enough to try and take out a cow, why not a BF?

1.  A bigfoot is going to eat what it wants to eat, unless you can somehow prevent it.  If you can't prevent it and they want it, it belongs to them, including your domesticated stock.  What they view as ours is significant only in terms of how much they think they can get away with taking before you get riled enough to do something about it that inconveniences them.  And yes, I believe they are smart enough to take a little here and a little there so that they don't ruin a good thing by getting run out of the area.

2.  Domesticated cattle aren't the most alert creatures.  Not hard to kill.

3.  Don't underestimated the sheer physical power of a bigfoot.  There's an account from Colorado in the 40's about a bigfoot picking up a heifer under one arm and outrunning the mounted Mexican ranch hands who tried to chase it down.

4.  Just because a bigfoot kills a cow, doesn't mean that it eats the whole thing.  Certain organs have far more nutritional value than the meat.  The liver, tongue, eyes, etc.  You can add marrow to that list but it takes more time and effort to get to it.  A bigfoot may kill a cow, consume the tastiest bits on the spot, then rip off a leg or two to take along for later.

5.  If you're a rancher or farmer, predation and crop loss are a fact of life.  Some is expected, so there's a balance between judicious predation and acceptable losses.

from Wiki: "Steer wrestling, also known as bulldogging, is a rodeo event in which
a horse-mounted rider chases a steer, drops from the horse to the steer, then wrestles
the steer to the ground by twisting its horns."

On more than one occassion, I've seen cowboys compete in an event called Bulldogging.
The amount of agility & strength necessary to do this sport is mind-boggling to me.
And yet a mere 180 lb man can do it.

What this means: If bigfoot is able to wrestle cattle to the ground, he must have
seen how in a rodeo. Otherwise, bigfoot should not try this on his own.     :o

People, and I suspect a BF as well, who make the mistake of not knowing the difference between a steer and a bull, only make that mistake once.

933dd3e1bc5e064a6a22f500b52bf4d5.jpg

Well why wouldn't Sasquatch kill and eat cattle or other livestock. Other predators do such as coyotes, wolves, bears, even baboons have been known and seen taking young goats. So I'd say it would be possible.

I'd say it would be possible to, especially a young calf, especially since calves are often kept seperate after a certain age.

Predation is often about risk/reward though. I just don't see an 800 pound BF being a match for a 2000 pound bull. Also I don't see a BF being able to really tell the difference between which ones are easy prey and which ones aren't, until it's too late. Once bitten, twice shy, and all that. Anyone who has ever had to run for thier life from a bull will understand.

So, being on the Steering Committee now has new meaning.

They really should have explained that before I accepted the offer.

People, and I suspect a BF as well, who make the mistake of not knowing the difference between a steer and a bull, only make that mistake once.

933dd3e1bc5e064a6a22f500b52bf4d5.jpg

Especially a one horned steer!

Well why wouldn't Sasquatch kill and eat cattle or other livestock. Other predators do such as coyotes, wolves, bears, even baboons have been known and seen taking young goats. So I'd say it would be possible.

Oklahoma

A hairy bi-pedal creature carrying a calf or deer carcass over its left shoulder crossed the road from East to West, approximately 150 yards in front of my pick-up truck during a brief rain storm. A part-time rig hand with me in the truck also witnessed the creature. The following day we found several partial footprints along the creek bank on the West side of the road. We lost the tracks after 10-15 yards in the dense undergrowth. [it was] about 7-8 feet tall, thin and lanky weighing approximately 400 pounds. It was covered in what appeared to be dark brown or black hair, it was carrying a deer or calf carcass over its left shoulder which obstructed a clear view of its face.  Ok

Michigan

A farmer saw a black creature standing over his cow in the pasture he grabbed a rifle and headed out only to discover it was not a bear or anything he ever seen and it started chasing him causing him to fire repeatedly as he retreated to call Michigan State police.  Mi

Texas

Gatesville, Texas, is excited over the appearance of an immense orang outang in its vicinity. The animal is described as being about seven feet high and covered from head to foot with a thick coating of hair. Its eyes shine like fire and it boasts of a double row of murderous looking teeth. When last seen it had in one hand a large crooked stick, and under the other arm a young calf apparently just killed. A hunting party has been organized to capture or kill the monster.  Friday, September 1, 1871, Michigan Argus, Texas

Illinois

Fear of the bear has held the Gooseville residents in the grip of night terror for three weeks and children and livestock are guarded with extra precautions. The telegraph dramatically reported on August 10, 1949. The posse formed into seven squads to comb dense brush in the area called "Gooseville" about 9 miles east of Alton. The "bear" or whatever it was, was blamed for killing and mangling a bull calf, and apparently hundreds of residents claimed to have heard frightening screams and growls. One resident even claimed to have seen the "wicked eyes of a beast of prey staring from the darkness near a garage."  Il on August 10, 1949

Appleton, Arkansas

10 miles away from Appleton, more sightings were making the news in Center Ridge. Large unknown foot- prints were present and several livestock were re- posted missing.  AR 1978

Iowa

I've heard my mom and dad talking about some local farmers that have been having sheep, and chickens go missing, I heard them say that some of the sheep have been found in trees, I know there are bobcats around here so that is what I speculated. But tonight, after seeing this I walked in the house and my mom and dad were still up which is odd because they are normally asleep by 11. My dad asked me if I had counted the cows and our pigs recently within the last 24 hours and I said I had, and just asked why. He told me that sometime in the night, last night, someone or something got a hold of a cow and injured it pretty badly to the point they had to put it down and that 2 pigs were missing with one being found in our forest in the crotch of a tree. Ia

Arkansas

A wild man - A gigantic man of the woods has been he was pursuing a herd of cattle, who were flying in a state of great alarm, as if pursued by a dreaded enemy. On seeing the party who discovered him, he looked at them deliberately for a short time, then turned and ran away with great speed, leaping from twelve to fourteen feet at a time. His foot-prints measured thirteen inches each. He was of gigantic structure, the body being covered with hair, and the head with long locks that fairly enveloped his neck and shoulders. AR 1851

Georgia

We went outside the next day after an incident with it we went outside and our neighbor who owned cows had five cows laying on their sides, dead with their insides gone, next to the cow field where the pond was.  Ga