Bigfoot And Cattle

Explorer

frap, I hope you didn't mean that first sentence the way it reads.

LOL!

I was thinking faster than what gets typed.......   I could ask the in-laws if they heard any news is what I meant.

I mean, I got nothing to lose with the in-laws.  They think I'm a bit warped already.

Thanks for the laugh Rock!

I read a story where a bull killed several bigfoot. See how that works?

I mention it, hoping to jog someone else's memory into providing better detail. 

I've read quite a few stories of BF and cattle and that one sounds familiar to me as well. My point was, they are all just stories, and in that one, you have to wonder what the BF looked like if it was indeed what attacked the bull. Even a full grown cow could be a handful, which is why I don't think BF's would see a lot of reward to counter the risk. I think it's the same reason you don't see many reports of them attacking moose or bears. I don't actually remember any stories of them attacking moose or bear, but I'm sure there are some.

Well there's that shooting story, from the 40's "Peter" in Manitoba? was stalking moose, and he thought he had one in his sights ass-on and shot it, and it was a sas... well should that have elements of truth would could assume that sas was stalking moose also.

I know there are reports of Sasquatch taking on wild and farm hogs. That is a critter you don't want to cross. 

• 1 month later...

Hard to say if BF is a raw meat eater.  We don't know what they eat other than gifting foods and presumably what nature gives them that grows from the earth.  It is conceivable they hunt wild animals or perhaps even humans.  I am curious what their fascination is with children in particular.  Easy targets?  softer flesh and less developed bone structure to eat through?  Something with the bone marrow?  etc..

It would be easy for a BF to take down a cow.  Maybe not a bull if the bull was able to see them coming but that is just my speculation.

Well why wouldn't Sasquatch kill and eat cattle or other livestock. Other predators do such as coyotes, wolves, bears, even baboons have been known and seen taking young goats. So I'd say it would be possible.

They do sometimes, like raid chicken coups.  Some are accused of eating people's pets (cats and dogs).  But often times they leave animals belonging to humans alone.  You ask what makes them different from these other animals -- it could be that they have culture.  There are many instances of signs a bigfoot was in someone's camp while they were gone and nothing is touched, including food left out.  That's actually the norm.  Sometimes when people are leaving gifts out for them, like food, they will leave something behind in return.  It's part or a gifting culture.   There's a story of an Indian who lived alone in a cabin and one day after fishing he came a across a bigfoot standing near the path near him, and both stood there looking at each other.  The Indian dropped the stringer of fish and walked on, and the sasquatch collected the fish and walked away.  The Indian started getting deer skins left at his cabin.  The sasquatch had probably seen him tanning deer skins before and realized that would be an appropriate return gift.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/legends/modoc.htm

This is a short summary of a report by a hunter describing Bigfoot/ Sasquatch stalking elk for the kill. I may be wrong but I believe this came from GCBRO. I’ve read over 8,000 reports and noted 287 individual reports dealing with animal carcasses as I titled it.

"When he got out his binoculars and started watching, he still thought they were two bears until they started walking. He said they were a brown color and quite large when they stood up and started walking on two legs. He watched them for about five minutes, until they got into some heavy timber. They did not stalk real close together- they had the elk in the middle. He said they were excellent stalkers and would even hide behind a tree for a while. He said he didn't know if they killed the elk or not but thought they probably did. He was sure they were carnivores or they wouldn't have been stalking in this manner."       Colorado  

287 out of 8,000 is a small number but it does apparently occur. They have been described as destroying or consuming dogs, frogs, beavers, fish, chickens, rabbits, horses, a mule, a donkey, cows, deer, coyotes, domestic and wild turkeys, ducks, cats, bear, hogs domesticate or wild, raccoons, clams, sheep and goats.

Dogs, sheep, chickens seem to be the meat of choice.

Edited by Gumshoeye

They do sometimes, like raid chicken coups.  Some are accused of eating people's pets (cats and dogs).  But often times they leave animals belonging to humans alone.  You ask what makes them different from these other animals -- it could be that they have culture.  There are many instances of signs a bigfoot was in someone's camp while they were gone and nothing is touched, including food left out.  That's actually the norm.  Sometimes when people are leaving gifts out for them, like food, they will leave something behind in return.  It's part or a gifting culture.   There's a story of an Indian who lived alone in a cabin and one day after fishing he came a across a bigfoot standing near the path near him, and both stood there looking at each other.  The Indian dropped the stringer of fish and walked on, and the sasquatch collected the fish and walked away.  The Indian started getting deer skins left at his cabin.  The sasquatch had probably seen him tanning deer skins before and realized that would be an appropriate return gift.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/legends/modoc.htm

Had one reach into our tent trying to take a puppy.  Puppy woke me up.  Had a groggy glimpse of someone withdrawing a long, heavy branch with a gorilla glove on the end of it from our tent before the puppy pressed itself against my face.  Puppy was shivering so I let it into my bag.  Branch was gone and I thought I imagined it so I closed my eyes.  Thought the puppy was just cold until I realized that I wasn't.  That brought me alert.  I sat up and had a staring match with a hulking shadow outside our tent until I convinced myself that the motionless shadow was that of a boulder cast by reflected moonlight off of the lake.  As I laid down, the shadow stood up and walked away.  As it passed in front of the moon it cast a huge shadow of its upper torso and head across the top of our tent (one of those old square green peaked Coleman tents about six foot high at the peak).  It had to be at least nine feet tall.

This was one day after being stalked by three of them while I was fishing alone off of the bank at our camp.  Apparently the males didn't appreciate my attempt to interact with the pregnant female who came down to watch me fish. 

Gumshoeye, i read a lot of reports too, and I wonder if the meat of choice is not those three domestic animals, I would think wild animals like deer, rabbit, and fish would be their meat of choice.  Maybe you meant to single out domestic animals.  Anyway, that's a fairly comprehensive list. To add some animals I've read, add cougar, birds, grubs.  

Had one reach into our tent trying to take a puppy.  Puppy woke me up.  Had a groggy glimpse of someone withdrawing a long, heavy branch with a gorilla glove on the end of it from our tent before the puppy pressed itself against my face.  Puppy was shivering so I let it into my bag.  Branch was gone and I thought I imagined it so I closed my eyes.  Thought the puppy was just cold until I realized that I wasn't.  That brought me alert.  I sat up and had a staring match with a hulking shadow outside our tent until I convinced myself that the motionless shadow was that of a boulder cast by reflected moonlight off of the lake.  As I laid down, the shadow stood up and walked away.  As it passed in front of the moon it cast a huge shadow of its upper torso and head across the top of our tent (one of those old square green peaked Coleman tents about six foot high at the peak).  It had to be at least nine feet tall.

This was one day after being stalked by three of them while I was fishing alone off of the bank at our camp.  Apparently the males didn't appreciate my attempt to interact with the pregnant female who came down to watch me fish. 

JDL, there must be more to this story -- your interaction with a pregnant female.  Do you have your account written somewhere, maybe pm me or post it.  I would love to read more.  I had one try to steal a fish off a stringer of fish I was carrying; so, like you I had a "long arm incident."  After feeling a tug I looked down and saw a hand frozen in place next to my knee.  They freeze motionless, like they did in your instance where after a while you determined it was just a shadow.  They move when you're not looking.  I looked down at the hand, it was in the dark but as I turned I could see more of the arm extending through some bushes, and from the hand to the elbow was as long as my entire arm.  And I don't know if I got distracted for a moment or what happened, but suddenly it just wasn't there anymore and I didn't see it detract.

BFF Patron

There are some pits detailed in Oregon Bigfoot highway that Joe thinks are used as sort of a rodent farm by bigfoot. BF has been observed rummaging around the rocks in the pits looking for rodents. So rodents would be part of their menu. Those pits are down in the Mt Hood National forest but there are some identical pits on Silverstar Mountain in SW WA. You can Google Earth Indian pits or Silverstar Mountain and find them. The forest service claims that they were made by Native Americans (not untrue but what kind?) and their purpose is unknown. I think they may have the same purpose on Silverstar as those in Mt Hood Forest. Encourage rodents to set up household then periodically come and harvest them.

Another sighting report I remember about BF interaction with other animals was I think a hunter came up on a female bear and a cub. He of course was concerned that he would be attacked by the bear protecting the cub. But then he noticed that the mother bear was not looking at him but something off to her side. When the hunter looked in that direction he saw that the bear was staring at a bigfoot. I would guess that bears and bigfoot have an adversarial relationship.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Yes, I believe bears are leery of bigfoot.  I read an account where these men in a canoe were watching a bear on the bank that didn't pay them much mind, and then all of a sudden the bear bolted and ran off, and a bigfoot stepped out of the woods.  I read one story of a bear and bigfoot fighting and the bigfoot killed the bear.  I think it used a rock to smash it's head.

BFF Patron

True they are pack hunters. Though there are several accounts by people of Sasquatchs working as a family group. A lot of primates live in family troops. what is a pack other then a family by a different name. If they are lone hunters I still see them as a cattle or livestock predator. Look at bears and cougars. They will do the same and they know which ones are safe to go after. I got family who raised cattle in Nova Scotia and black bears would from time to time kill one. Bears are smart so are big cats. Case out of Nova Scotia of a suspected cougar attacking a horse. I do not think for a second that these things are afraid of humans or they look at cattle or live stock as not easy prey. if a black bear can kill an adult cow or bull no doubt these things would as well. I'd rather tangle with a bull than a hog.

I can vouch for them being pack hunters. I heard one moving around down in a creek bed and decided to press my luck and go down into the draw and see if I could flush it so I could get a look at it. Was difficult going for me and I was having to crawl over and under down logs so I could not move very fast. I would move forward a few feet and hear some thuds as it retreated keeping just out of my sight. Apparently it had enough of the game or I had it cornered so it growled at me. I started backing away. Then behind me was a tremendous snap where a large limb or sapling had been broken. I realized that I was either being led into a trap or the one behind me wanted me to know it was there so I would leave the one I was closing on alone. I had no idea there was more than one and could have easily backed right into it and never known what hit me. I like to tell this story now and then and hope pro kill people read and take warning. Would be a good idea to have one guy cover your back if you are closing in on one to take a shot. It might not be alone. While that seems like very sentient behavior, wolves will do much the same working in packs circling behind prey while one shows itself in front of the prey.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1