Bigfoot And Cattle

Explorer

Yes, I believe bears are leery of bigfoot.  I read an account where these men in a canoe were watching a bear on the bank that didn't pay them much mind, and then all of a sudden the bear bolted and ran off, and a bigfoot stepped out of the woods.  I read one story of a bear and bigfoot fighting and the bigfoot killed the bear.  I think it used a rock to smash it's head.

Hmmm....Sounds like the old game:  Bigfoot, Skeptic, Bear.  Bigfoot beats Bear with rock, Skeptic papers away Bigfoot, Bear mauls Skeptic with scissor-like bite.

• Upvote 1

Admin

I read one story of a bear and bigfoot fighting and the bigfoot killed the bear.  I think it used a rock to smash it's head.

Thinking of the Copper Mountain incident? One BF used a rock to smash the head of another BF. Have seen a few reports of BF and bear mixing it up, but never BF using a rock (that I recall...) to kill the bear.

Gumshoeye, i read a lot of reports too, and I wonder if the meat of choice is not those three domestic animals, I would think wild animals like deer, rabbit, and fish would be their meat of choice.  Maybe you meant to single out domestic animals.  Anyway, that's a fairly comprehensive list. To add some animals I've read, add cougar, birds, grubs.  

In the spirit of the thread topic I understand they have been known to twist the rear leg, and jerk the cows head down then push it back upwards, breaking its neck.  Or they will run alongside of a cow and yank the head backwards but they prefer calves. I read one instance where a bull chasing a man was interrupted when one of those things ran up to the bull slapping it in the head, leaving the stunned bull stopped in its tracks.  It is also said, those things like domestic rabbits and chickens in particular because of the ease of the taking and because the smaller things enjoy toying with chickens before they pluck the feathers and eat.

A report from the 1880s or 1890s involved a wildman that jumped out in the middle of a road, stopping a carriage.  It attacked one of the horses and killed it by twisting its head.  This occurred in Delaware County, NY, and can be found in Monsters of the Northwoods, or in Tirademan's historical articles (pay your $20.00).  I believe I also SSR'd it and posted the report in the Northeast sightings section, under the long New York thread.  

What isn't in Tirademan's historical articles (I don't think) is the article(s) I found indicating that the horse's remains were found the next day by the posse rounded up to hunt down the horse-killer.  Oddly enough, Bigfoot's "camp" reportedly included a fire. 

Yes, I believe bears are leery of bigfoot.  I read an account where these men in a canoe were watching a bear on the bank that didn't pay them much mind, and then all of a sudden the bear bolted and ran off, and a bigfoot stepped out of the woods.  I read one story of a bear and bigfoot fighting and the bigfoot killed the bear.  I think it used a rock to smash it's head.

I believe there is a monsterquest re-enactment of your first case in Alaska where the guys were in a motorboat, not a canoe.  I also read an article of on the second case but if I recall the BF did not come out unharmed.

From what I understand they are weary of larger predators such as wolves and bear since they are overly protective of their family units and their young would be extremely vulnerable.  If one of them are hurt or injured they cannot provide for the others and it expends energy and resources to care for them. If it’s a child, I suppose they will lash out quick, fast in a heartbeat violently so they will stalk, herd and hunt down wolves and bear and kill them if they are threatened or injured.

I read one story of a bear and bigfoot fighting and the bigfoot killed the bear.  I think it used a rock to smash it's head.

Thinking of the Copper Mountain incident? One BF used a rock to smash the head of another BF. Have seen a few reports of BF and bear mixing it up, but never BF using a rock (that I recall...) to kill the bear.

Hunters, Carcasses br

1998/11/O – Upper Wolf Lake, AK

Hunters report while searching for wounded bear (shot) previous night, they find bear carcass stuffed into muskeg hole and covered with sphagnum moss. Moss was placed in such a way that it required the use of hands.

IBS #3657 (Alley, R.  2003.  Raincoast Sasquatch)

Edited by Gumshoeye

Hunters, Carcasses br

1998/11/O – Upper Wolf Lake, AK

Hunters report while searching for wounded bear (shot) previous night, they find bear carcass stuffed into muskeg hole and covered with sphagnum moss. Moss was placed in such a way that it required the use of hands.

IBS #3657 (Alley, R.  2003.  Raincoast Sasquatch)

Fishing, Bear & Bigfoot, Black, 9

1985 March Soapstone Bay, AK

Fishing crew reports large brown bear becomes alarmed and runs off, followed by a 9 foot black sasquatch appearing on beach.

IBS #3611 (Alley, R.  2003.  Raincoast Sasquatch)

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

International Bigfoot Society website is no longer,  Dr. Robert J. Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch is a classic.  I am thinking maybe some of these reports were saved on other websites hopefully.