The Falcon Project - Launching Spring '2015

Cotter

Admin

Good luck young Man!

We will be carrying firearms for protection (handguns) only

What were the training requirements that were required in the protocols for each person to be considered qualified to carry a firearm?

Even states with open carry laws, probably still demand registration of the handgun.

No they wouldn't. But if that firearm is used in some sort of self-defense related matter you better hope its registered to yourself and not part of some past criminal activity.

What were the training requirements that were required in the protocols for each person to be considered qualified to carry a firearm?

No they wouldn't. But if that firearm is used in some sort of self-defense related matter you better hope its registered to yourself and not part of some past criminal activity.

We all are required to complete our cpl and or ccw course before deployment in the field. Edited by NathanFooter

It's surprising that the project would allow participation by people that have a known history of stalking and harassment.

And then to require everyone to carry guns?

I smell a huge accident waiting to happen.

We all are required to complete our cpl and or ccw course before deployment in the field.

1) The minimum level of firearms training in almost every state is absurdly inadequate to qualify anyone to carry a concealed firearm.

2) Not all state issued concealed carry permits are honored by other states. For example the state of WA only honors permits from 12 other states. If your state is not on that list then you cannot carry concealed in WA but depending on the law you may be able to open carry.

I apologize if I am missing something as I have not read too much about this subject, but I honestly dont get how a picture or video of a BF from a drone or anything else lurking silently above the forest advances the ball.  There is no lack of video or photographic evidence of BF.  No matter what is found, somebody is going to claim that they see a zipper in the picture and the whole thing will devolve in to the same ole argument.

What is the end game?

It's surprising that the project would allow participation by people that have a known history of stalking and harassment.

And then to require everyone to carry guns?

I smell a huge accident waiting to happen.

1) The minimum level of firearms training in almost every state is absurdly inadequate to qualify anyone to carry a concealed firearm.

2) Not all state issued concealed carry permits are honored by other states. For example the state of WA only honors permits from 12 other states. If your state is not on that list then you cannot carry concealed in WA but depending on the law you may be able to open carry.

I am a Michigan guy, my states training and certification is honored by WA. I will say I have not studied any other states laws for the matter and would assume that these issues that any other member may have will be addressed with William as we get closer to our leave date.

I am not sure about how your personal opinion on gun laws and training is related to what is going on. Respectfully,we should just avoid this particular topic.

• Upvote 1

Guest crabshack

1) The minimum level of firearms training in almost every state is absurdly inadequate to qualify anyone to carry a concealed firearm. Thats your opinion

I apologize if I am missing something as I have not read too much about this subject, but I honestly dont get how a picture or video of a BF from a drone or anything else lurking silently above the forest advances the ball. There is no lack of video or photographic evidence of BF. No matter what is found, somebody is going to claim that they see a zipper in the picture and the whole thing will devolve in to the same ole argument.

What is the end game?

To make this short, footage is not the only thing we are after. We are going to attempt to collect audio,footage,DNA and document movement patterns and social behaviors. This is a scientific study, the data we collect will be repeatable and therefore in time provable.

This is not a snap your fingers and done kind of thing, though if we collect DNA that is directly associated with close range HD thermal footage we may be able to achieve species recognition. More about this angle to come as William goes into the projects operation and goals.

Edited by NathanFooter

1) The minimum level of firearms training in almost every state is absurdly inadequate to qualify anyone to carry a concealed firearm. Thats your opinion

It certainly is and it is based on a lot of personal experience.

To make this short, footage is not the only thing we are after. We are going to attempt to collect audio,footage,DNA and document movement patterns and social behaviors. This is a scientific study, the data we collect will be repeatable and therefore in time provable.

This is not a snap your fingers and done kind of thing, though if we collect DNA that is directly associated with close range HD thermal footage we may be able to achieve species recognition. More about this angle to come as William goes into the projects operation and goals.

Hey Nathan - I hope all is well with you.  Good luck to you.

It might be more of a trickle effect, eventually if enough data is gathered, it will force awareness by the scientific community that 

has not happened to this point.  Basically the scientific community is not going to hop over the fence till it is safe to be on this side

of the fence, by safe I mean that they will have enough evidence to justify studying the creature, and that will almost require DNA

evidence, or a body. If both DNA and video are combined as Nathan has said, that would be a convincing argument for many fence

sitters, and the field would suddenly be filled with scientists seeking funding to study the creatures. The Falcon Project can certainly

speed up this process, as well as legitimize research, and I hope create an awareness of the need for recognition and protection from

being hunted or harassed. Of course there are groups doing those very things trying to prove the creatures existence. To me it seems

that discovery of this creature is inevitable in the near future, meaning this decade, and I hope individuals like John Green and others

live to see that day! Technology has caught up to the Sasquatch, or so it seems...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Nathan, is there any talk of a TV show utilizing the footage from your cameras?  

Have you had to sign any waiver to appear on the telly?

I guess I'll be the crackpot who points out that constitutionally, being a citizen is the only qualification necessary to carry a firearm, concealed or otherwise. Of course, that old Bill of Rights is so passé in our modern, progressive society.

I should have defined a seperation, the projects protection was not in referance to weapons use but rather from any question of land use and governmental concern. As far as weapons go, we are all required to acquire our cpl and or ccw.

Nathan, I am not sure I understand what you mean by this.  Being involved in a scientific endeavor from a out-of-state university does not release the project from having the proper permits to occupy and use federal or state lands. If this project will be held on National Park, National Forest or Bureau of Land Management lands, a Special Use Permit will likely be required. For example, no one can camp on FS lands for more than 14 consecutive days without a permit. I guarantee operating an air ship over a National Park or Forest will require a permit on top of whatever the FAA wants.