Yeti Hair Analysis- Russia

Drew

Guest BFSleuth

As of this writing the Daily Mail seems to be the first story to break about this. Now there is The Moscow Times and the Herald Sun. This so far confirms the expedition was the same as attended by Dr. Meldrum, who voiced concerns about the evidence, and the general skepticism generated within the scientific community.

Odd that they are breaking the story in the media and not presenting any peer reviewed scientific paper. I also wonder whether Dr. Meldrum had DNA testing and if so whether he found anything worthwhile and whether it is being prepared for a peer reviewed article? Nothing is mentioned about this in the articles.

Reading between the lines it may be possible that the Russian scientists are "jumping the gun" by trying to present findings in by press release rather than peer reviewed articles.

Jeff Meldrum weighed in on this.

"There was no expedition. The conference participants were accompanied by the press on a field trip to a cave site. It is my opinion that the 'evidence' found in the cave was unreliable," said Jeff Meldrum, a biologist at Idaho State University and cryptozoologist. Meldrum, who took part in the expedition, added that the footprints in the cave, a "short line of right feet only," were not convincing, and the "nest" of ferns had never been slept in.

"There was no other sign of occupation in the cave, except a few empty soda cans and snack food wrappers," he wrote in e-mailed comments to The Moscow Times on Tuesday.

Don't get too excited over this, folks.

Guest thermalman

As noted earlier in the posts...."DAILY MAIL"....... that about says it all. :)

Edited by thermalman

I live in Latvia, watch Russian, Latvian and English news daily.

This hasnt popped up on any of them sadly :(

Fingers crossed for this to be true

• 3 weeks later...

Good thing they aren't fighting clamoring and hiding data...they just studied and put it out there. Sooner or later they'll beat us to BF just like they did space. Good going Russians I commend you.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be the planted hair ( according to Dr. Meldrum) that Igor found when he took Dr. Meldrum to the cave in Russia to see the fake footprints.