Finding Bigfoot

I keep wondering how they can afford to bring that "organ player" out into the bush,

(to drown out those barely audible BF replies and knocks.)

With as much ad time they've been selling, you'd think they could afford some decent audio recording equipment,

and maybe cut back on the scary music budget. Just a thought.

That trick was senseless. What are the odds, that on any given night one kangeroo is going to be someone's dinner? One wearing am electric collar no less.

The story line went nowhere. Seems like they quit tracking the roo rather quickly -- and just went back to their old tree banging ways.

PS. they really overdue the howls and knocks too, if you ask me. Once should be enough -- it's suppose to echo-location -- Not smoke signals! When they keep banging away, the quatches got to be thinking "stupid humans, again."

Agreed. The audio is terrible. We can't hear what they're hearing at all. It's because they are wearing those lavalier mics.

From a TV production perspective, the stars of the show are the cast. It is not about the subject matter. It is about how the cast interacts and interprets the subject matter.

This may be just me, and don't get me wrong, I congratulate them on flying half way around the world and giving this a fair shake.

But when you find foot prints of humans in your search area? You cannot rule wood knocks, whoops, talking, clapping and tree breaks as action only a Yowie could make. There are billions of primates on the planet if you count humans, and you can minimize your exposure to your fellow humans by getting remote.

But I cannot really tell you how "remote" they were by the TV show. I know on my forays I can get very remote and the chances of fellow humans whooping back to me from the dark timber are remote. But even then it's never a impossibility, and I don't think it can be fully eliminated. So are we like elk hunters in a over hunted area bugling back and forth to one another? Are there just a bunch of impressionable people in the woods wood knocking to each other?

It's impossible to rule out. Especially when you have naked human footprints in your search area.

And the larger point I'm getting at is that this medium of whooping back and forth or wood knocking back and forth is useless in the larger scheme of things. It proves nothing........and unless used as a means to an end, it's a waste of time.

Guest reelback

I keep wondering how they can afford to bring that "organ player" out into the bush,

(to drown out those barely audible BF replies and knocks.)

With as much ad time they've been selling, you'd think they could afford some decent audio recording equipment,

and maybe cut back on the scary music budget. Just a thought.

That trick was senseless. What are the odds, that on any given night one kangeroo is going to be someone's dinner? One wearing am electric collar no less.

Ya, the music is horrible. Stop.

I think the idea behind the roo was to position the team where they BFs were likely hunting. Pretty good idea actually.

Guest JohnnyWalker

Agreed. The audio is terrible. We can't hear what they're hearing at all. It's because they are wearing those lavalier mics.

From a TV production perspective, the stars of the show are the cast. It is not about the subject matter. It is about how the cast interacts and interprets the subject matter.

Lol, well that kind of sucks.

I thought it was supposed to be about "Finding Bigfoot" -- not finding "spooky things that go bump in the night"

he said facetiously.

Ya, the music is horrible. Stop.

I think the idea behind the roo was to position the team where they BFs were likely hunting. Pretty good idea actually.

reelback,

Agreed, Stop the Music -- buy more amplifying dishes.

Thanks for the roo-explanation, hadn't thought of that angle. Now it won't be long, before "start tagging deer" back in the states, too. I guess.

Episode to be called: "Bobo goes wild with the Tranc Gun"

lol, just kidding. Tranquilizers and Hunting don't mix.

Guest wudewasa

Episode to be called: "Bobo goes wild with the Tranc Gun"

It's been done already. On South Park, Bobo shot Cartman with a tranquilizer gun.

BigFootResearchers2.png

Guest JohnnyWalker
It's been done already. On South Park, Bobo shot Cartman with a tranquilizer gun.

LOL, that's classic! I swear I never saw, that episode wudewasa, since I very rarely ever watch that show.

thanks for the laugh.

I'd like to know what kind they are using, because there are some very good lavalier mics. I use some clipped on a vest , while hiking.. that can enhance what I'm hearing (using headphones). The dramatic sound effects of the show production (as mentioned), are what's preventing us from hearing the audio to the fullest. Wish they would put out the raw recorded audio, on a website somewhere.. so it could be listened to, after. Unfortunately, that is not what the show is mainly about.

Guest wudewasa

LOL, that's classic! I swear I never saw, that episode wudewasa, since I very rarely ever watch that show.

Here ya go!

Guest JohnnyWalker

But I cannot really tell you how "remote" they were by the TV show. I know on my forays I can get very remote and the chances of fellow humans whooping back to me from the dark timber are remote. But even then it's never a impossibility, and I don't think it can be fully eliminated. So are we like elk hunters in a over hunted area bugling back and forth to one another? Are there just a bunch of impressionable people in the woods wood knocking to each other?

It's impossible to rule out. Especially when you have naked human footprints in your search area.

And the larger point I'm getting at is that this medium of whooping back and forth or wood knocking back and forth is useless in the larger scheme of things. It proves nothing........and unless used as a means to an end, it's a waste of time.

Great points norseman,

I've often thought, how do they know it's sasquatch they're hearing -- and not coyotes, or wolves, or dogs, or even other humans.

Now if they were capturing the sounds, and doing digital analysis on them, that might be worthwhile. Or using the call-backs, to tell the scout planes where to go, with their thermal cameras -- that would be useful too.

However the "falling trees" signals seem of a slightly different type, to me. On the show, I always take them to be "territorial warnings" telling the intruders to "stay away." But then again, those could always just be the set assistants, off scene, adding some the "dramatic flare" to the outings, lol.

Bobo and Renae showed how easy it is to push over tree, toward the end of the "down under" episode.

If these guys were serious, they have two teams one in the plane, and one in the jeep on the ground. Both teams with thermal cameras, etc. Kind of like they did in the N. Calif episode. That got them a humanoid hit, that somehow mysteriously disappeared unexplained, as I recall.

Guest JohnnyWalker
Here ya go!

thanks for the clip wudewasa -- that's hilarious.

Great detective work, by cartoon team. Oh man! Now if only they could use some of that in the show ...

There's been many sightings over the years in Australia. Something is there.

thanks for the clip wudewasa

That was a parody by imitation of the Jacobs juvenile Sasquatch.

Edited by Kerry

Did FBF ever do a show in the Great-Smoky-Mountains-Nationalpark? Seems that would be a great location to run around in the night howling and whooping around. How about sending Renee out there for a night or two on her own?