Finding Bigfoot

I know it's easy to rip the show, but they haven't found one bleeping thing(on their own)since the show started. I also thought it was ironic that the last screen at the end was the "still don't believe in Bigfoot?" question with an offer to click on Animal Planet.

Guest Cowlitz2

What a surprise, no new sightings on Tonight's show. The local BFRO's have to be frustrated with the experience of hosting another Entourage production.

I know it's easy to rip the show, but they haven't found one bleeping thing(on their own)since the show started. I also thought it was ironic that the last screen at the end was the "still don't believe in Bigfoot?" question with an offer to click on Animal Planet.

It's just like the show "Ghost Hunters". The shows make a person more skeptical than when they started. Ghost hunters has done a bunch of seasons with thousands of hours of footage, in the supposed "most haunted places", with nothing. How can one possibly believe in ghosts after that?

am i the only one who think ranae is hot? i dont even know why but i like her person i bet she has some really nice long legs too

Are you male or female? Seriously do a search on her and you will find out what team she plays for. May I add "not that it matters"

SSR Team

Are you male or female? Seriously do a search on her and you will find out what team she plays for. May I add "not that it matters"

Who cares who she plays for, i'm with truetalk..;)

"Would you ( in general, everyone ) do this?"

Presuming that the question is, would I be one of the folks on that program? no way.

That's no way to find an animal, much less run a railroad.

Now turn me loose a la Operation Persistence for a whole season or two, now we might be talking. This show's formula's a non-starter if you really want to find something.

It's not about finding the animal though, if they find the animal, the show/series is finished.

And no one wants that as everyone is making $$

See it for what it is.

I have no issue with people making $$ out of this subject when and where possible, but let's get it straight, where that program is concerned, they're not finding a Sasquatch nor do i doubt they actually want to.

Or at least Animal Planet don't anyway.

• Upvote 1

That's why men invented beer........and campfires! ;)

Guest wudewasa

It's not about finding the animal though, if they find the animal, the show/series is finished.

I can understand why serious researchers want to avoid all association with this series. The producers really don't care if scientific research is done, but what new act that their carnival freak show has to lure in more onlookers. The manner that they are portraying the cast makes them appear sillier every week. Friends of mine who watch the show tell me that they are truly convinced that sasquatches don't exist, but love watching the team make fools of themselves. MM and posse can blame their stigma of tomfoolery on the editors all they want, but it's what everyone else sees, regardless. Cliff can write whatever he wants to on his blog, but he will be thrown under the Bus to Nowhere. It's frustrating, because I think he's a good guy who really wants answers, but has his hands tied to a series about entertainment instead of science. Ranae is objective, and becomes the whipping girl of the blind believers all to often. Bobo is Bobo. They need to make a series devoted to just him being himself. Think Michael Moore's eccentric creativity crossed with Anthony Bourdain, who really doesn't care what other people think of him, but will find interesting things going on everywhere. MM is hopeless.

I can understand why serious researchers want to avoid all association with this series. The producers really don't care if scientific research is done, but what new act that their carnival freak show has to lure in more onlookers. The manner that they are portraying the cast makes them appear sillier every week. Friends of mine who watch the show tell me that they are truly convinced that sasquatches don't exist, but love watching the team make fools of themselves. MM and posse can blame their stigma of tomfoolery on the editors all they want, but it's what everyone else sees, regardless. Cliff can write whatever he wants to on his blog, but he will be thrown under the Bus to Nowhere. It's frustrating, because I think he's a good guy who really wants answers, but has his hands tied to a series about entertainment instead of science. Ranae is objective, and becomes the whipping girl of the blind believers all to often. Bobo is Bobo. They need to make a series devoted to just him being himself. Think Michael Moore's eccentric creativity crossed with Anthony Bourdain, who really doesn't care what other people think of him, but will find interesting things going on everywhere. MM is hopeless.

I avoided the show the first three seasons, as new BF witness/researcher and burned/disgusted by so many in the "field" I was opposed on principle...(and reality TV is funky format) .... but I finally watched the DNA episode on YOuTube...and had fun. Sadly it was fun to see a particular cast member be so transparently themselves....but as a mother I found it OK too for kids, and would have preferred my sons watching this than WWW or Gator Boys....so for entertainment they are on the map with cable...but the audience seems to be kids, or twenty somethings (my sons now) who hoot and holler through the show. It has actually made them more resistant to BFs...and oddly somehow reinforces Mom's information....so it has helped here at home, I am no longer the insane one, MM is..or the others!

Cliff I do feel for b/c he is what one feels is serious...and yet, who could not have fun and let go in a hot air balloon...so I can see how that road gets traveled. And for the future, who in BIgfootery isn't on someone's poop list somewhere? The only community really is our shared enthusiasm, and smaller pockets of influence over..who? Meldrum? or...money? TV? If no DNA is forthcoming this year they could continue, if DNA is forthcoming can't imagine how they will rework the format.

Why am I posting, haven't located last nights show on YouTube yet and came here to see if worth it....so far you guys aren't loving this weeks show!

There is no cast member with Bourdain's mojo....BoBo could be that for certain groups....but not me personally. Bordain is a grown up bad boy, BoBo is still childlike...but does steal the show. Who among them has Moore's acerbic words?

Edited by apehuman

Guest squatchrider

I am very much a pacifist and still somehow MM makes me want to punch him in the face. "These tracks fit will within the range of a female bigfoot so obviously this is a mother traveling with her young." OR it's a smaller male traveling with an even smaller female, or it's two brother Sasquatch out traveling together..... WHY does he have to have this idiotic conclusive answers for what they find and stories they hear from witnesses. I watch this show for entertainment purposes because I am fascinated with the Sasquatch topic. For those of us who really think there are Sasquatch in the woods of North America though I think this show is doing us a disservice. What has been viewed as ridiculous by many is just being proved ridiculous by this show. That FLIR rig at the end of last night episode was awesome though. I don't even care if I see a Sasquatch I just want to go out in the mountains at night in that rig and watch all the creatures moving around.

I used to not watch it, but I have recently watched 6 episodes. They seem to follow the same formula for each episode, just a change in location.

View a video or other evidence, meet with the person who provided it at the location, compare the bigfoot to Bobo, try to replicate it stride, host a town hall meeting to get stories, pick a place to do a night time investigation based on the best 3 stories, announce it is very squatchy, make some vocal calls - have a call answered, end credits.

I noticed there was a Tyler (BFRO) member in last nights episode. Was that the Tyler we have testing the Sierra sample?