Finding Bigfoot

I get a huge kick out of Finding Bigfoot. I don't expect them to actually find a BF but I enjoy hearing the witness accounts and seeing the locations and recreations. I've become a fan of the fab four. They're each cool in their own way.

It's not about finding the animal though, if they find the animal, the show/series is finished.

And no one wants that as everyone is making $$

See it for what it is.

I have no issue with people making $$ out of this subject when and where possible, but let's get it straight, where that program is concerned, they're not finding a Sasquatch nor do i doubt they actually want to.

Or at least Animal Planet don't anyway.

Welll, that's exactly what I've said about it from day one. I haven't watched one minute of the show. It's a waste of time. I don't think anyone could know more (of relevance) about it than me ...and my sole source of information is hearing people talk about it. I can't imagine why I would watch it.

Welll, that's exactly what I've said about it from day one. I haven't watched one minute of the show. It's a waste of time. I don't think anyone could know more (of relevance) about it than me ...and my sole source of information is hearing people talk about it. I can't imagine why I would watch it.

It probably is a waste of time for people who are much farther along the learning curve than people like me.

I liken it to this: One of my real passions is Indy car racing. I've been following it pretty closely for more than 30 years, since I was a kid. I have attended 32 Indy 500s, as well as multiple practice and qualifying sessions, as well as events in Michigan, Detroit, St. Petersburg and Miami. I've read a lot, watched a lot, and listened a lot. I daresay I "know" more about the sport than the average fan, certainly much more than the casual fan. So when the guys on TV start getting into how the cars can go the length of a football field a second, or the downforce would allow them to run upside down, what fuel they use, etc, I tune out. That's all pretty basic stuff to me. I'm beyond that, and there isn't much point in me watching that. But I also realize there are people out there who don't already know that, and are just learning the sport, and in fact are vital to growing interest in the sport.

Back to Finding Bigfoot, yeah, I understand it's about making money (alas, what isn't?), but I think it does serve a purpose as a very basic, very introductary level introduction to the phenomena of bigfoot. Hey, this is page 32, so people are talking about it.

That said, I do think the formula needs to change up a bit if they are going to keep this going. Not sure what exactly, but something.

The show for me is primarily therapy. On it I see people taking the subject seriously and taking witnesses seriously. The subject is not a joke and the folks who have had encounters are not dismissed out of hand. Anyone else use the show this way?

Guest wudewasa

The show for me is primarily therapy.

If you are referring to the Finding Bigfoot team members as "therapists," then no. I don't see how the show helps any purported witnesses bring closure to their experiences, other than agreeing that they "definitely saw a squatch." Some folks will tell you whatever you WANT to hear. Back to the credentials of the team: no one is a bigfoot expert.

It was a cross promotion with the FLIR company, they are marketing towards footers now. It is basically a commercial for FLIR.

Who would need something like that? Other than Squatchers that is.

I hear they are having a townhall in Mineola TX in an hour and a half. 5 pm CST , Sabine river bottoms home of a certain woodpile thermal

Scrap Mineola, I believe it is South of Tyler like Flint, Whitehouse or as far as Troup or Jacksonville. I am sure the interviews

are all pre picked before since they often have BFRO researchers or oither known researchers as featured witnesses , etc..

RSVP only

Cliff just did a FB post near Bullard TX complaing about the rain messing up an investigation...lol

Edited by GEARMAN

The show for me is primarily therapy. On it I see people taking the subject seriously and taking witnesses seriously. The subject is not a joke and the folks who have had encounters are not dismissed out of hand. Anyone else use the show this way?

I don't use the show that way, as I never watch it.

But I do need to say this: new reports on the BFRO database now seem to almost always include encounters from the current and last calendar year. Before FB came on the air, any such reports were extremely rare.

And no, I don't think it's pranksters. Not from reading the reports I don't, as they sound just like the ones the BFRO and TBRC have always gotten.

Guest SquatchinNY

Rockape

You, sir, most certainly did.

Lol just messing with you

Edited by SquatchinNY