The Kill Club

norseman

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Evidence written by Grover Krantz, anybody ever read it?

Certainly have! I enjoyed it a great deal, he really stuck his neck out and didn't give a crap what anyone thought about it!

Rene D. didn't like him and said he made up stuff and took credit for things other folks did.  I lost a bit of respect for Grover after I read that.

t.

SSR Team

" He said, she said " is rife sadly in the Sasquatch research community.

Guest keninsc

" He said, she said " is rife sadly in the Sasquatch research community.

Ain't that the truth.

Rene D. didn't like him and said he made up stuff and took credit for things other folks did. I lost a bit of respect for Grover after I read that.

t.

Rene did not like academics and he felt Grover was a wet behind the ears book worm that did not show Rene the proper respect he deserved.

Grover was no mountain man for sure, but Rene failed to grasp the significance of a scientist reaching out to bigfootdom.......

And when Rene flipped on his pro kill stance? I lost respect for him.

Grover was true to his philosophy til the end.

Guest keninsc

Good grief! How many times have I seen, what should very rational people, go after each other like it's an NWA cage match in books and interviews?

What I find upsetting about it is that is nothing but a distraction from real research.

Edited by keninsc
GG 7; Rule 2 C

I am fortunate in knowing a person that knew most of researchers of John Greens generation 

And sadly it appears as if few of them got along 

When I look at the researchers of today that I have met in person, most of them are very strong willed and opinionated so it is not surprising that many of them don't get along 

What I do find sort of funny, the guys that I respect the most in this field sure aren't getting rich from it

SSR Team

That's the key right there Mag as always, $$$.. ;)

Guest keninsc

Sadly, there are plenty who are, or at least making enough to have a vested interest in not actually finding Bigfoot.

Admin

Back on topic... 

Obviously BF (if it exists) is flesh and blood and can be killed by means of a firearm.

My specific question is about sidearms. What is the smallest caliber which could take a BF down (assuming good shot placement) and almost as important in some cases, what kind of ammo?

Edited by gigantor

I'm going with .44 Mag as a minimum. When I applied for a licence to carry here in BC, that was the smallest calibre the RCMP would authorize for bear protection, which was great, as I already had a 44 S&W Model 29 that I intended to use for that purpose while prospecting. Bullets for stopping large animals should be jacketed softpoints or hard-cast lead of the largest weight the calibre will shoot. Any calibre larger than this gets expensive, and hard to find ammo for, in most cases. I'm talking .45 Casull and .50 Desert Eagle, which are definitely harder hitting than the 44 Mag, but also much bulkier to pack.

It is comforting to have a hefty sidearm on your hip or shoulder rig, as even if you're carrying a rifle or shotgun, it will invariably be leaning on a tree or rock just out of reach while you're shovelling gravel to pan, or crouched at creekside doing the panning, or chopping firewood, or skinning the deer/elk/moose you just bagged, which is like ringing a dinnerbell for the local Grizz population. Bin there done that, got the rug!

Admin

I guess it's useful to have a comparison chart.

post-338-0-90611800-1399787517_thumb.jpg

Side-by-side comparison of many common pistol rounds (notably missing, .50 Action Express, 10mm Automatic and .40 S&W, possibly 9x23mm)
Left to right:

• 3 in 12 ga magnum shotgun shell (for comparison)
  • size "AA" battery (for comparison)
  • .454 Casull
  • .45 Winchester Magnum
  • .44 Remington Magnum
  • .357 Magnum
  • .38 Special
  • .45 ACP
  • .38 Super
  • 9 mm Luger
  • .32 ACP
  • .22 LR

Thanks BC, that's helpful. I wonder how a .45 ACP compares to a .44 Magnum (other than size). I have a 1911 already and like it very much.

Edited by gigantor

IMO, some of you guys have no idea whatsover of how many times you've walked within arms reach of one and never had a clue they could have made a greasy spot of you on the forest floor in a NYS.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic