The Kill Club

norseman

Admin

that's nice...  what's your answer to the question?

I guess it's useful to have a comparison chart.

attachicon.gifComparitive_handgun_rounds.jpg

Side-by-side comparison of many common pistol rounds (notably missing, .50 Action Express, 10mm Automatic and .40 S&W, possibly 9x23mm)

Left to right:

• 3 in 12 ga magnum shotgun shell (for comparison)
  • size "AA" battery (for comparison)
  • .454 Casull
  • .45 Winchester Magnum
  • .44 Remington Magnum
  • .357 Magnum
  • .38 Special
  • .45 ACP
  • .38 Super
  • 9 mm Luger
  • .32 ACP
  • .22 LR

Thanks BC, that's helpful. I wonder how a .45 ACP compares to a .44 Magnum (other than size). I have a 1911 already and like it very much.

Should you ever get a shot, and I'm not a fan (all due respect to the thread's intent) but, if you DID, a .45 acp is probably not gonna  do it. If you like the 1911 platform, invest in a 460 Rowland drop in kit from Clarks. It'll get you 45 winchester magnum ballistics, about 2-2.5 times the energy of 45 acp in a heavier hard cast lead bullet. This is really a job for a big bore rifle though. Anyone attempting should be thinking cxp 4.

that's nice...  what's your answer to the question?

Based upon reports from "hunters" in the field, it probably doesn't really matter as several have frozen up, didn't shoot and a couple others even curled up into fetal positions (condition black) at the moment.  You will experience a rush like none other ever, before that event and unless you have a high degree of operational capacity in a condition red situation, things may go badly as the alpha we observed running along a treeline for ~90 yards was moving faster than any deer ever observed. IMO, extensive training for self-defense in such circumstances may well be a life saver especially if you go afield with a kill intention.

Edited by Yuchi1

IMO Yuchi1, those who go into the woods locked and loaded for Bigfoot never see hide nor hair of them because they know long before hand what the gun slingers are up to.

I started out like most thinking I was dealing with some kind of dumb overgrown monkey and by my intellect, I had the edge on them.  Over time and experiencing some truly incredible things, I came to the point where I realized that I was the one being manipulated, led around and toyed with.  They were ALWAYS one or two steps ahead of me!

Sure, chance encounters have and will continue to occur, but I have read about and personally talked to the pro-kill campers now for several years and they have not produced one thing for the substantial amount of time and effort invested in bagging one.  Will it occur?...possibly in time, but I personally feel one or two of these folks may also wind up in David Paulides' stat sheet...just my humble opinion and two cents on this...   

• Upvote 2

And what have the anti kill crowd produced for evidence? Zilcho..........

Which is the majority mindset? Yours!

If the pro kill mindset was the prevalent one? We would have one bagged by now.

• Upvote 1

Guest sprayanpray

Using a handgun for this purpose is a waste of time and more than likely get you either killed or molested. You have to remember theses creatures are on AVERAGE 7 plus foot in height and excess of 700lbs.   Has the stealth above average, so unless you have the nerves and the shot place above and expert you might as well move on. People fail to remember that under stress both real and artificial (training) the average shot place goes to crap.  This has been proven just with elevated heart rate in both professionals and the average shooter. The bottom line is if you decide to shoot this very large creature be prepared. I am not anti kill or pro kill that is a on the spot decision that you will have to make. All I am saying is  if you do be prepared self defense is one thing but if you have the mind set to pull the trigger in advance have the equipment to preform the job.                   

And what have the anti kill crowd produced for evidence? Zilcho..........

Which is the majority mindset? Yours!

If the pro kill mindset was the prevalent one? We would have one bagged by now.

Norse,

The no-kill contigent are not the ones making claims (to justify their position) about looming extinction and detrimental habitat loss that is causing said extinction.  What has the pro-kill advocates produced in the form of tangible/forensic evidence to validate such claims? Zilcho?

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 1

Using a handgun for this purpose is a waste of time and more than likely get you either killed or molested. You have to remember theses creatures are on AVERAGE 7 plus foot in height and excess of 700lbs.   Has the stealth above average, so unless you have the nerves and the shot place above and expert you might as well move on. People fail to remember that under stress both real and artificial (training) the average shot place goes to crap.  This has been proven just with elevated heart rate in both professionals and the average shooter. The bottom line is if you decide to shoot this very large creature be prepared. I am not anti kill or pro kill that is a on the spot decision that you will have to make. All I am saying is  if you do be prepared self defense is one thing but if you have the mind set to pull the trigger in advance have the equipment to preform the job.                   

A possible vivid example of how such might play out (in the real world) regarding loss of functionality would be the Echo Incident where Mr. Coyler (former military) apparently "lost it" and went as much "full boogie" as the S/A shotgun would cycle. From the account, all indications were a carefully aimed shot (while possibly preplanned), "went out the window" when the moment arrived. Perhaps, desperation to attain a body might have also been a contributing factor. While YMMV, bottom line, do not try this at home.

Admin

Using a handgun for this purpose is a waste of time and more than likely get you either killed or molested.

I'm not trying to hunt BG with a sidearm. I want to use a sidearm for self-defense when I'm out in the woods.

How do you he didn't ????

Did you see it happen?

Then, where's the body?

I'm not trying to hunt BG with a sidearm. I want to use a sidearm for self-defense when I'm out in the woods.

Then, carry the one with large enough bore to handle whatever may pop up however, and more importantly, the one you can hit the target consistently.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic