The Kill Club

norseman

Actually, no, as wanton waste involves the discarding of wild game animals immediately after taking them in the field. If you had read a bit closer, you'd noticed the venison was "packaged" which means it had been processed at a commercial processer and the mallards had been frozen whole (acceptable practice) at the end (home) destination. With the time period being April, the birds had been harvested at least 90+ days previous. The devil is always in the details.

Agreed. As in, you were using wild game as bait. Not for your own personal consumption. It does not matter how it was processed or how long since harvested, you left wild game in the field for your experiment. Try your explanation on a game warden and see how far you get.

Actually, no, as wanton waste involves the discarding of wild game animals immediately after taking them in the field. If you had read a bit closer, you'd noticed the venison was "packaged" which means it had been processed at a commercial processer and the mallards had been frozen whole (acceptable practice) at the end (home) destination. With the time period being April, the birds had been harvested at least 90+ days previous. The devil is always in the details.

Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but are you saying that you put the meat up for bait while it was still totally frozen? From that I guess it is safe to assume they really don't give a crap whether it is frozen or thawed? If so that will make for a bit of a change of method in my new area, as I am typically leery of leaving meat out because it rots so fast!

Agreed. As in, you were using wild game as bait. Not for your own personal consumption. It does not matter how it was processed or how long since harvested, you left wild game in the field for your experiment. Try your explanation on a game warden and see how far you get.

You need to visit with a (Oklahoma) CO and get your facts straight. What I did was no different than using perch (gamefish in Oklahoma) as bait on the end of a fishing/trot line which is perfectly legal as well.

Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but are you saying that you put the meat up for bait while it was still totally frozen? From that I guess it is safe to assume they really don't give a crap whether it is frozen or thawed? If so that will make for a bit of a change of method in my new area, as I am typically leery of leaving meat out because it rots so fast!

XC,

It was partially thawed by the time it was planted in place.

BTW, a client (worked for a meat company) gave us ~#30 of outdated cold cuts that we placed in a pile next to the "natural" bait.  It sat there untouched for ~2 months before if finally decomposed into a glob on the ground. The crap we eat...and the critters have more sense than we...apparently.

You need to visit with a (Oklahoma) CO and get your facts straight. What I did was no different than using perch (gamefish in Oklahoma) as bait on the end of a fishing/trot line which is perfectly legal as well.

XC,

BTW, a client (worked for a meat company) gave us ~#30 of outdated cold cuts that we placed in a pile next to the "natural" bait.  It sat there untouched for ~2 months before if finally decomposed into a glob on the ground. The crap we eat...and the critters have more sense than we...apparently.

Wanton Waste

No person may capture, kill or destroy any wildlife protected by law and remove the head, claws, teeth, hide, antlers, horns or any or all of such parts from the carcass with the intent to abandon the carcass. No person may kill any wildlife protected by law and abandon the carcass without disposing of the carcass in the most appropriate manner. No person may dump the carcass of any dead animal in any well, spring, pond, or stream of water or leave it within 1/4 mile of any occupied dwelling or public highway without burying the carcass in an appropriate manner where it is not liable to become exposed through erosion of the soil or where such land is subject to overflow. Penalties and fines have been increased for anyone convicted of improperly disposing of wildlife. *

http://www.eregulations.com/oklahoma/hunting/general-hunting-regulations/

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 1

XC,

Thanks for the response! Yeah I work in meat a bit myself, can't say it turned me vegan but definitely can say I don't eat the same meat I used to. We might be able to get by eating garbage processed food for decades, but I would imagine that for something the size of a bigfoot that would very quickly take a bad toll on that big demanding body.

Let's get back on topic here, what's the best way to collect a type specimen? Lure it in with bait or calls ?

Or go out and try to cut a track?

Put a explosive in the frozen duck body, hang it up high, rig it to blow? But in all honesty I would go out and assume that luring with calls will be very unlikely to get one within view where you can shoot(If you have a small group of 2 or 3 people, probably easier with larger groups of 4-8 people), and the same wouldgo for baiting. I don't really get why people don't just make the bait kill whatever takes it, is it just legal issues? How are you going to get caught way back in the boonies in the sort of area you will be trying to work with bigfoot? Another idea that is probably only achievable in action movies is to put some sort of beacon in the bait that would allow you to track whatever took it....Maybe I am just a idiot, but those things come to mind.

Rigging explosives would bring the BATF guys running and poison would likely get the FBI guys inspired as both activities are felonies.

Best hope may be one passes out from laughing from watching some dude bust his arse after falling off his horse. ;)

Best of both worlds, a specimen, still warm and breathing.

Rigging explosives would bring the BATF guys running and poison would likely get the FBI guys inspired as both activities are felonies.

Best hope may be one passes out from laughing from watching some dude bust his arse after falling off his horse. ;)

Best of both worlds, a specimen, still warm and breathing.

Hahha I woulda +ed that one twice if I culda! Yeah someone suggested poison some time ago, topic comes up every now and again and the main point that comes up quick is that it could wreck a environment. Might not get a bigfoot body, but a little mountain of smaller ones.

I was thinking along the lines that with rigging (Obviously illegal)death traps is that most areas to look for solid activity(At least my areas) are areas that noone would ever want to go to(Could be hard to reach on foot if not damned near impossible, unknown areas that were logged out ages ago, and just plain uninteresting places to your typical outdoorsy person), except for MAYBE a hunter or two every million years. You can't get caught if you don't get caught ;)

What ? Your gonna invite one to the country club social ? Do it.......my job is done .

Ain't gonna happen.

Guest keninsc

Poisons are illegal in every state in the union primarily because they are indiscriminate. They will kill family pets endangered species, whatever.

Traps are something I have considered but abandoned the idea for a couple of reasons. Mainly because let's say you snag a Bigfoot and come back to find a seriously pissed off critter, now what?

Put a explosive in the frozen duck body, hang it up high, rig it to blow? But in all honesty I would go out and assume that luring with calls will be very unlikely to get one within view where you can shoot(If you have a small group of 2 or 3 people, probably easier with larger groups of 4-8 people), and the same wouldgo for baiting. I don't really get why people don't just make the bait kill whatever takes it, is it just legal issues? How are you going to get caught way back in the boonies in the sort of area you will be trying to work with bigfoot? Another idea that is probably only achievable in action movies is to put some sort of beacon in the bait that would allow you to track whatever took it....Maybe I am just a idiot, but those things come to mind.

Funny you should mention that.... the video  i am adding is tounge in cheek ( a little anyway)  but  it is of course all real and the little explosion in the middle is Tannerite ....legal ( in alabama anyway)  but we put a bit in bait with an alarm rigged to it ,,,when the alarm goes off shoot the tannerite ..KERBOOM....  nothing yet , but we are investigating a slightly different critter ...we are NOT  " bigfoot" guys.. so give us a little slack for the theatrics ...lol  .http://youtu.be/AVBS92Xwkjk

We are thinking of doing a " mongal Sweep"  of a local high activity area.  Perhaps blasting  death metal from three directions driving everything into one central area .Then   when we drive the wildlife and such to the center area using 37mm  launchers to tear gas the area ..hopefully driving  whatever critter is causeing all the fuss out the only opening..that we will cover with cameras and exotic weapons ..for defensive reasons only of course...

Funny you should mention that.... the video  i am adding is tounge in cheek ( a little anyway)  but  it is of course all real and the little explosion in the middle is Tannerite ....legal ( in alabama anyway)  but we put a bit in bait with an alarm rigged to it ,,,when the alarm goes off shoot the tannerite ..KERBOOM....  nothing yet , but we are investigating a slightly different critter ...we are NOT  " bigfoot" guys.. so give us a little slack for the theatrics ...lol  .http://youtu.be/AVBS92Xwkjk

We are thinking of doing a " mongal Sweep"  of a local high activity area.  Perhaps blasting  death metal from three directions driving everything into one central area .Then   when we drive the wildlife and such to the center area using 37mm  launchers to tear gas the area ..hopefully driving  whatever critter is causeing all the fuss out the only opening..that we will cover with cameras and exotic weapons ..for defensive reasons only of course...

Probably the most metal thing I have read all day, hahahaha

Funny you should mention that.... the video i am adding is tounge in cheek ( a little anyway) but it is of course all real and the little explosion in the middle is Tannerite ....legal ( in alabama anyway) but we put a bit in bait with an alarm rigged to it ,,,when the alarm goes off shoot the tannerite ..KERBOOM.... nothing yet , but we are investigating a slightly different critter ...we are NOT " bigfoot" guys.. so give us a little slack for the theatrics ...lol .

We are thinking of doing a " mongal Sweep" of a local high activity area. Perhaps blasting death metal from three directions driving everything into one central area .Then when we drive the wildlife and such to the center area using 37mm launchers to tear gas the area ..hopefully driving whatever critter is causeing all the fuss out the only opening..that we will cover with cameras and exotic weapons ..for defensive reasons only of course...

Whaaa?

Death metal and tear gas? Lol

Darn right...

Down here in Bama we know how to handle the " furry menace " ...

Down here in Bama we know how to handle the " furry menace " ...

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic