The Kill Club

norseman

SSR Team

Got some interesting numbers ( in my opinion ) for within a 30 mile radius of Quartz Creek. I can widen or lessen that number as and when wanted but I used a 30 mile radius for this example.

We have 59 reports locked and loaded, including actual visuals, track finds etc.

17 of those are actual visuals, which is pretty low pro rata compared to other parts of WA, for whatever reason.

Anyway, in the Winter, there are no actual visual reports at all for the months of Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar ( nor in July ).

The full moon and waxing gibbous moon phases equate to 57% of those visual sightings, with Spring/Summer/Fall seeing 6/5/6 Sightings respectively.

Overall those same two concurrent moon phases equate to 44% of the total reports we have..

Of the 17 visuals, 76% are over 1,000ft on elevation, 47% are over 3,000ft in elevation.

Edited by BobbyO

SS,

Have you joined Project Grendel?

Start recruiting and get a team up there ASAP! 

I'm in North Dakota working, so my time spent hunting Grendel is close to home.

Also, when you join Project Grendel, add PG to the end of your name so that I know your a real person and not a spam bot. 

I.e.

norsemanPG

Adding the PG to the end of your username you chose tells me you have read this post, or our mission statement and forum rules over on our site.....which spambots do not do.

Thanks!

SSR Team

Unless you have some private info and are following a lead of some kind locally SS, I'll add that's amongst my 59 reports in the system within 30 miles of Quartz Creek, there's only been one actual visual in the last 8 years, albeit it that it was pretty recently in 2012, up near Morton.

If you were flexible where Western WA is concerned and were receptive to the numbers, I could definitely nail down an area at certain times of year, or at least give decent options with better numbers than that to look at if you wanted.

I'm talking WA Southern Cascades too, within the I-90 > I-5 > Columbia River.

It's a real shame that Adam didn't follow through with that Packwood thing, it really is.

Edited by BobbyO

BFF Patron

Have the pro kill groups worked out the end game strategy?      In other words, do you have a place arranged to take the body and preserve it?     Who with credentials is going to come examine it?    I think you need several.     What is the strategy to avoid confiscation should the government become interested?      Going public immediately may be a big mistake and get the government involved.      Anyway don't answer these questions here but please have all of that worked out should you be successful.    The worst case scenario would be confiscation by the government.  

Yes, but if they live among us, like the neighborhood Raccoon? Then the Skeptics doubts of lack of discovery by this point in history become much more valid.

I don't think they do, I think they yield ground to us.

Anyhow, what is your reasoning behind why the Cascades would be preferred?

I can give you my humble opinion, more sightings in the Cascades I believe. Also I have posted many times to this thread with tactical info and offer of my help but I'm not sure if their getting posted(new to this) but in one of those posts I suggested a very active area(both historically and very recently). It's just very steep and remote with its inherent dangers when giving up high ground to a faster, stronger and tree swingingest son-of-a-gun in the world. Doable though: use his strengths against him like in Judo.

Example: They are secure that their "6" is covered so this is their only weak link. Of course they probably have a lesser male or older female tasked that direction but as in any group dynamic most member's attention are on the leader who would be focused on our decoy camp. The shot almost has to come from their "6".

This is where I'm hung up because of these problems:

1. You can't chase them-we're too slow

2. You can't actively sneak up on them-hearing and eyesight too good

3. I suggested to an associate the hide in a hole theory like was suggested by another member here but I expanded on it. Problem here is support wouldn't be able to arrive in time if more than 1 animal.

4. Tree stand type hunt is gonna be best with QRF close but anybody in a tree is toast unless able to rig a group of nets 360 around his tree.

HOLD UP THATS IT, I GOT THE ANSWER: BARE WITH ME BECAUSE ITS FORMING AS I TYPE:

THINK TIGER HUNTS OR "PREDATOR-THE MOVIE"-PITS NO WAY(TOO MUCH DISTURBANCE) BUT NETS ARRANGED IN A VARIETY OF CONFIGURATIONS. BOTH VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL WITH VARIETY OF TRIGGERS USING ONLY LOCAL NATURAL MATERIAL FOR THE TRIGGER STICKS. THIS TAKES AWAY THE NEED FOR AT LEAST 4 GUYS, THE BE QUIET ASPECT BECAUSE IT'S A MORE PASSIVE HUNT WITH ONLY THE NEED OF 2 QRF TEAMS. PROCESS AND SECURITY. WE'RE GONNA NEED A GOOD "TRAP" MAN, I CAN SET SNARES FOR ANYTHING FROM SMALL TO LARGE BUT THIS ANIMAL GOES BEYOND THE LARGE CRITERIA. MIGHT BE ABLE TO THINK UP SOMETHING, I"LL GO UP IN THE BUSH AND START PLAYING WITH THE MECHANISMS. COULD USE ANY ADVICE IN THIS AREA FROM EXPERIENCED TRAPPERS.

SS,

Have you joined Project Grendel?

I'm in North Dakota working, so my time spent hunting Grendel is close to home.

I haven't yet, still have 10 pages to go on Kill club. I will this week and I have myself and another "brotha" who I grew up and served with so we wouldn't need to practice much but if I can get my actual brother to join us then it's on. He is a bit of a skeptic but very wealthy so that would make this easier, he also served with us so as far as a team goes I couldn't ask for more. We could move quick and quiet w/out even needing the hand signals, just a look would suffice. I'm looking at fall just before hunting season starts, either Goat Mntn/Marsh or Quartz creek canyon at the very end of it where it hangs right and then ascends up to peak/ridges. If I'm a large animal with great mobility this is the spot I would call "home": steep mountains to my back, only 1 way in for humans - they think - and close enough to water and game. Another aspect about the location of this hidden canyon is the fact that it lies pretty much halfway between 2 areas of many reports. They could use this as a pivot point between seasons. I know for a FACT that in early spring they are around Goat Marsh but gone by mid May. I believe they head a little north and to the East of St Helens during the summer but IDK where... BoobyO, could you make a guesstimate of where this might be if you knew for a fact that they were where I stated in early Spring by using reports, elevation, etc?

Unless you have some private info and are following a lead of some kind locally SS, I'll add that's amongst my 59 reports in the system within 30 miles of Quartz Creek, there's only been one actual visual in the last 8 years, albeit it that it was pretty recently in 2012, up near Morton.

If you were flexible where Western WA is concerned and were receptive to the numbers, I could definitely nail down an area at certain times of year, or at least give decent options with better numbers than that to look at if you wanted.

I'm talking WA Southern Cascades too, within the I-90 > I-5 > Columbia River.

It's a real shame that Adam didn't follow through with that Packwood thing, it really is.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, I'M LOSING MY "EYES ON GROUND" DUE TO NEW JOB TILL THE HUNT, AND THIS INFO WOULD BE INVALUABLE, I'D SAY FOCUS ON ALL FALL SIGHTINGS IN BOTH AREAS. YES A FRIEND HAS HAD MANY EVENTS IN THE AREA MENTIONED. GOAT MARSH TRAIL, A LIL FINGER GOES INTO MARSH ON SOUTHERN END, THEY HERE A WHOOP AND TREE SMACKING, GO AROUND THE FINGER AND HIS BUDDY GETS A LIL SHOOK UP AND THEN THEY HEAR A TREE SNAP BACK WHERE THEY STOPPED WHEN THEY HEARD THE WHOOP. THEY GO BACK AND WHEN THEY GET TO THAT SPOT THERE IS 20' SAPLING SNAPPED AT 8' LAYING ACROSS THE TRAIL BUT STILL PARTIALLY ATTACHED, I SAW THE PHOTO AND IT WAS A FRESH SNAPPED WOUND IN THE TREE. I ASKED COULD YOU HAVE MISSED IT THE 1ST TIME AND HE SAYS "LOOK, IT'S ACROSS THE TRAIL, WE HAD TO MOVE IT ASIDE TO GO BACK DOWN THE TRAIL" I BELIEVE THIS FRIEND 100%. I SAW THE PIC. HE'S ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO COULD GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE SUCH AS MYSELF.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Have the pro kill groups worked out the end game strategy?      In other words, do you have a place arranged to take the body and preserve it?     Who with credentials is going to come examine it?    I think you need several.     What is the strategy to avoid confiscation should the government become interested?      Going public immediately may be a big mistake and get the government involved.      Anyway don't answer these questions here but please have all of that worked out should you be successful.    The worst case scenario would be confiscation by the government.  

What about taking the specimen to an emergency room, don't give them a heads up, just show up. Make sure a lot of people see it, let a Dr. look at it for about half an hour and then leave with it. Be filming video and audio during this and it can be on the QT but tell the Dr. you are recording cause I believe its the law. Put his/her mind at ease about the recording, be truthful saying that its not to implicate them in anything but to give people a sense of reality to yr reaction and nothing more. Then take it to a biologist at a local small college and get a manager to manage the business end of the affair(as tasteless as this may seem), eventually the Gov't will get their hands on it but by then you have recorded both reactions of Dr. and Biologist and recorded the full byopsis by Biologist. When the biologist is done then it's time to get to Hollywood and sign a movie deal and let the gov't take it. Cats outta the bag then and they will know this. Nothing they can do to for damage control.

BFF Patron

In my opinion showing up to a Emergency room is a really bad idea.   They will call the police and the chances of keeping the situation in your control is gone when they arrive.    If Emergency room staff take a look and it is obviously not human they might not even look at it and call the police too.     DNR might be involved or federal agencies and poof, at some point your proof is taken away from you.     Even the best photographs will be treated as another alien autopsy movie.     Without the body in your possession you have no proof that can be verified.   

If BF lore is true something similar has already happened.     A BF was burned in a forest fire and a vet was called because it was suffering in in great pain.    The vet took one look and said they needed a doctor because it looked more human than ape.     The doctor as they would do, refused to treat something that obviously was not human.     So some forest service people hauled it off to an unknown fate.    Probably put a bullet in its head and buried it someplace. 

I talked to Meldrum about the discovery scenario one time.     If a serious kill group makes contact with him he might have ideas about who he would want on the discovery team.    He did not say anything but when I suggested that the event be kept secret he laughed and said that probably would be a good idea.   The final thing is I am not sure who to trust.    If there is some sort of cover up involving the government,   phone calls may be monitored, and emails intercepted.   He works for a state college.     I told him if I ever had skeletal proof and wanted him to examine it, I would contact him and tell him I have a package to deliver and would make no mention of what I had over electronic media.    That got a laugh from him. 

Anyway my point with this is that these protocols need to be worked out before you have a 900 lb body on ice.    An adult male will not fit in a pickup and with ice would overload the truck too.   Anyone that thinks they can wing it when it happens will loose control of the situation and probably loose the proof at some point.     I hope my concerns are addressed when plans are formulated.    I would hate to see a kill happen for nothing if the body is lost because it is confiscated.   

Randy

Please don't post in all capital letters. I would like to read your postings, but simply refuse, if all Caps. Trust me, I'm not alone in this thought.

Got some interesting numbers ( in my opinion ) for within a 30 mile radius of Quartz Creek. I can widen or lessen that number as and when wanted but I used a 30 mile radius for this example.

We have 59 reports locked and loaded, including actual visuals, track finds etc.

17 of those are actual visuals, which is pretty low pro rata compared to other parts of WA, for whatever reason.

Anyway, in the Winter, there are no actual visual reports at all for the months of Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar ( nor in July ).

The full moon and waxing gibbous moon phases equate to 57% of those visual sightings, with Spring/Summer/Fall seeing 6/5/6 Sightings respectively.

Overall those same two concurrent moon phases equate to 44% of the total reports we have..

Of the 17 visuals, 76% are over 1,000ft on elevation, 47% are over 3,000ft in elevation.

So my understanding of yr statistical info that I read weeks ago concerning seasons was correct, great.The lack of "actual" sightings is what encourages me about this area, why?

1. It's the most remote, unforgiving and hard to traverse area I've ever walked. There wouldn't be any sightings(or 1?) because like someone said it takes a human to make the report and there wouldn't be very many humans there very often. You can literally walk within 8' of 1 and never see it. I want to go where humans seldom go cause this animal doesn't want to be seen by humans and this is where to find them. I have no illusions about how dangerous it will be but if it's a matter of time then this is the spot during fall. I haven't hiked any further than just before the canyon turns right and then ends. I got weirded out hard, I literally ran down the creek bed and across some lower ridges like the devil was on my heels. I stopped about every 50 meters, for a listening post, but after about 40 minutes just lifted my skirt, dropped my panties and high kneed it out. At 6' and 235lbs but previously a collegiate middle distance runner I must have looked like a Jethro Bodine Mountain Goat on speed dancing my way down the rocks while wearing a look of focused terror. I'm not prone to such feelings overtaking my psyche but it just felt right lol. Hasn't scared me off the mission nor do I think it would when not alone but I think it is important that each of you realize that this feeling may hit a team member who would bolt, we'd have to adjust to this asap.

In my opinion showing up to a Emergency room is a really bad idea.   They will call the police and the chances of keeping the situation in your control is gone when they arrive.    If Emergency room staff take a look and it is obviously not human they might not even look at it and call the police too.     DNR might be involved or federal agencies and poof, at some point your proof is taken away from you.     Even the best photographs will be treated as another alien autopsy movie.     Without the body in your possession you have no proof that can be verified.   

If BF lore is true something similar has already happened.     A BF was burned in a forest fire and a vet was called because it was suffering in in great pain.    The vet took one look and said they needed a doctor because it looked more human than ape.     The doctor as they would do, refused to treat something that obviously was not human.     So some forest service people hauled it off to an unknown fate.    Probably put a bullet in its head and buried it someplace. 

I talked to Meldrum about the discovery scenario one time.     If a serious kill group makes contact with him he might have ideas about who he would want on the discovery team.    He did not say anything but when I suggested that the event be kept secret he laughed and said that probably would be a good idea.   The final thing is I am not sure who to trust.    If there is some sort of cover up involving the government,   phone calls may be monitored, and emails intercepted.   He works for a state college.     I told him if I ever had skeletal proof and wanted him to examine it, I would contact him and tell him I have a package to deliver and would make no mention of what I had over electronic media.    That got a laugh from him. 

Anyway my point with this is that these protocols need to be worked out before you have a 900 lb body on ice.    An adult male will not fit in a pickup and with ice would overload the truck too.   Anyone that thinks they can wing it when it happens will loose control of the situation and probably loose the proof at some point.     I hope my concerns are addressed when plans are formulated.    I would hate to see a kill happen for nothing if the body is lost because it is confiscated.   

Randy

Yeah I thought about the police being called, just spit balling, never put any thought to the end game, great question from whoever asked it. I read about the scourched squatch also, very interesting read and I drew the same conclusion at the end.

Please don't post in all capital letters. I would like to read your postings, but simply refuse, if all Caps. Trust me, I'm not alone in this thought.

Sorry :(

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic