The Kill Club

norseman

Guest keninsc

W SA? I seriously doubt that you and I are very far apart, believe it or not. At one time I was willing to simply let people go off on these rather wild flights of fancy myself. I figured what harm can it do. Now it's been what? Forty-seven years since the PGF? And I have realized that each year Bigfoot gets a little bigger, get a new super power here and there, is in league with aliens. Now I read reports of creatures claimed to be twelve fee tall, and in the range of 1500 or so pounds with glowing red eyes......or green eyes......or blue eyes. I've read of Bigfoot human interactions, claimed interbreeding, and even read one account where a women whom I cannot name her claimed to had had sex with Bigfoot on a semi-regular and on-going basis. Yes, really.

It's isn't that can't or won't be open to possibilities, but the possibilities that I'm asked to believe or endorse or at least keep silent on have grown to such proportions and seem to be moving further and further into the realm of social media one-ups-manship.

Now is there collaborative value, yes most assuredly, but in order to fine a gem to hang onto I have to cull through tons of BS any more and that is the main reason that real science is only looking into it a little now. Jeez, that only took ****-night fifty years. No body, no real study, no evidence, no proof. I don't know about you but I would like to see this put to bed before I sleep the big sleep. 

SSR Team

Ultrasound and infrasound are two different things anyway aren't they ?

Infrasound in the animal kingdom isn't up for debate, there are multiple species that have the ability to use it, and do.

Who knows if Sasquatches lead the way where Primates are concerned.

I've read enough reports to suggest there is a strong possibility that there is some level of something along those lines coinciding with Sasquatches and Human encounters at times.

BFF Patron

I'm pretty certain that were BF to have infrasonic capacity *which I believe it does* it would not disparagingly be using it for defensive purposes only.  Seems to me the most parsimonious reason for an individual such as Sasquatch to have such capacity would be for long distance communication *just like elephants*.   Not to say that it has not refined the utilitarian function of such if it becomes aware that it can be used defensively.  With the variety of other Sasquatch vocal capacities in it's repertoire, by report, one has to wonder exactly why it has such an armamentarium though?  

As for ultrasound in BF, even if that was a typo, I have not heard of such investigations.  I do know however that mice or shrew families have been recently found to have such capacity (yes, the world is a strange place) and I believe it was previously unknown to science up to that point.  http://www.metris.nl/media/documents/TypesandFunctionsofUSVinLabRatsandMice.pdf

Of course, we all know of the bat ultrasonics as part of echolocation.  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Guest keninsc

No, the "ultrasound" is a mistake, made worse by my auto correct feature.

However, none of you have name a single animal that uses infrasound as a defensive weapon. Other creatures do use it as a means of communication because low wavelengths travel great distances. So the question of it's existence is not an issue, the question is does Bigfoot have it and does it use it for defensive purposes? The answer is most likely not since no other creature in the world does, but for some reason Bigfoot has been blessed with this ability. Fact is, at least for now, no one knows for sure because it lives in the imagination of some does not make it a fact.

Just a thought, maybe the use of infrasound as a defensive weapon is pure coincidence. Perhaps the bigfoot isnt using infrasound as a defensive mechanism but just using it. Maybe they know we cannot hear it and are communicating at lower decibels to communcate our presence to other bigfoot. A by product of that is the potential effect of infrasound on us.

Guest keninsc

Do you have any idea how much power that would require? Unless Bigfoot has a small nuclear reactor in his chest.

Oh dear, next thing you know people will be talking about atomic powered Bigfoot. Sorry I pointed it out now.

Stop worrying about my head, I don't get your thought processes either, but the issue is Bigfoot.

So, let's review the number of mammals that use infrasound in the world today? Bats, dolphins....pretty much done. Number of primates that have infrasound capability that they can use for defensive purposes........none. Except for Bigfoot, right?

It's not that my mind isn't open, it's just not so open that my brains have fallen out on the floor. If Bigfoots have this ability then surely some other creature including humans would have it as well. But they don't, and we don't, it's called "commonality" just one species with this ability out of all the ones in the Americas? Really, and it only in legend? There are no primates that do this, and what animal have this ability primarily use it for communication purposes not as a weapon.

You forgot Tigers/Elephants. Pretty new discoveries, less than 10-15 yrs.

W SA? I seriously doubt that you and I are very far apart, believe it or not. At one time I was willing to simply let people go off on these rather wild flights of fancy myself. I figured what harm can it do. Now it's been what? Forty-seven years since the PGF? And I have realized that each year Bigfoot gets a little bigger, get a new super power here and there, is in league with aliens. Now I read reports of creatures claimed to be twelve fee tall, and in the range of 1500 or so pounds with glowing red eyes......or green eyes......or blue eyes. I've read of Bigfoot human interactions, claimed interbreeding, and even read one account where a women whom I cannot name her claimed to had had sex with Bigfoot on a semi-regular and on-going basis. Yes, really.

It's isn't that can't or won't be open to possibilities, but the possibilities that I'm asked to believe or endorse or at least keep silent on have grown to such proportions and seem to be moving further and further into the realm of social media one-ups-manship.

Now is there collaborative value, yes most assuredly, but in order to fine a gem to hang onto I have to cull through tons of BS any more and that is the main reason that real science is only looking into it a little now. Jeez, that only took ****-night fifty years. No body, no real study, no evidence, no proof. I don't know about you but I would like to see this put to bed before I sleep the big sleep. 

I guess size does matter:)

Guest keninsc

[/quote name=SquatchSoul" post="847751" timestamp="1404024392]

You forgot Tigers/Elephants. Pretty new discoveries, less than 10-15 yrs.

I guess size does matter:)

....and what part of the Americas do you find those? I suppose hoping people will read the entire posting is too much to reasonably expect.

SSR Team

You've got a lovely, warming way with words Ken.

So you now want animals that use infrasound in only a certain geographical region ?

Ok, Pigeons, Alligators, Whales, Squid, Octopus, all found on the North American Continent.

BFF Patron

^  If lions and tigers then wonder about jaguar that does enter the SW US?   http://www.animalvoice.com/bioacousticsr.htm

Just a thought, maybe the use of infrasound as a defensive weapon is pure coincidence. Perhaps the bigfoot isnt using infrasound as a defensive mechanism but just using it. Maybe they know we cannot hear it and are communicating at lower decibels to communcate our presence to other bigfoot. A by product of that is the potential effect of infrasound on us.

Yes, this is exactly what I was speculating on the matter.  If my peeps were in possible danger due to hairless biped presence, I'd want to broadcast as far as possible. Not only as a warning but as a general alert that "hey, I may need assistance should the thunder sticks come out"

I'm not saying they are intelligent on the same level we are....but they show signs of intelligence. So I don't think it's much of a stretch that they learned how to take advantage of their natural abilities.

Guest keninsc

You've got a lovely, warming way with words Ken.

So you now want animals that use infrasound in only a certain geographical region ?

Ok, Pigeons, Alligators, Whales, Squid, Octopus, all found on the North American Continent.

You really want to pretend that answers the challenge question I asked? Ok so, which of these use infrasound as a defensive weapon? I'm not even going to address the answer of "Pigeons", Goodness knows I don't want to be afraid when I go to the park to feed them. None of the others are mammals, so I can scratch that off the list, except for the whales. However, I'm willing to discount that since you'd need to provide some connection between whales and Bigfoots being related.

Now I wish to ask a question, is this how you react when asked to provide some modicom of logic for a point you make? Dance around and offer up stuff like this? Now, at no point in this discussion have I suggested that infrasound wasn't real, it most assuredly is real, however it's used for communication purposes and not as a defensive or offensive weapon. You try to sound like it was an answer but the truth is it's not, in short it's a dodge.......and I don't mean a truck.

Pigeons? Freaking pigeons?

I'm not even going to try and speak to the two guys who think you've got it right. 

Edited by keninsc

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic