The Kill Club

norseman

[/quote name=SquatchSoul" post="847751" timestamp="1404024392]

You forgot Tigers/Elephants. Pretty new discoveries, less than 10-15 yrs.

I guess size does matter:)

....and what part of the Americas do you find those? I suppose hoping people will read the entire posting is too much to reasonably expect.

Sassy cus aren't you, I read the post. Your first rebuttal at post #745 said " Lets review the number of MAMMALS in the "WORLD", not in the "AMERICAS". I suppose hoping people will put their low self-esteems aside when addressing their betters is too much to reasonably expect. DON'T BE PETTY. 

BFF Patron

It is difficult to know what animals use infrasound for, because without special equipment that ties it to observed behavior one can never really be sure it is being used.     That is what happened with the elephants.    Strange behavior suggested some form of communication and equipment was finally deployed in the field that tied behavior to infrasound.      So it is likely  North Americans animals might use it but strange behavior has not been observed or the equipment has not been available in the field to tie behavior to use of infrasound. 

Certainly BF behavior is a mystery to most of us, at least it is to me.   I have no idea why it was used on me.   It was not defensive that I could tell, for something I did not even know was there or effective communication unless the intent was to frighten.      Sea animals use of infrasound by several different species is known because of the Navy monitoring the sea sounds to detect submarines.      The "what was that?" was investigated as to what the source was.    Anything strange has to be identified so the chance that it might be some new type of submarine eliminated.     Without detection equipment in the field,   a lot of animals could be using it for all we know.     Randy

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

You really want to pretend that answers the challenge question I asked? Ok so, which of these use infrasound as a defensive weapon? I'm not even going to address the answer of "Pigeons", Goodness knows I don't want to be afraid when I go to the park to feed them. None of the others are mammals, so I can scratch that off the list, except for the whales. However, I'm willing to discount that since you'd need to provide some connection between whales and Bigfoots being related.

Now I wish to ask a question, is this how you react when asked to provide some modicom of logic for a point you make? Dance around and offer up stuff like this? Now, at no point in this discussion have I suggested that infrasound wasn't real, it most assuredly is real, however it's used for communication purposes and not as a defensive or offensive weapon. You try to sound like it was an answer but the truth is it's not, in short it's a dodge.......and I don't mean a truck.

Pigeons? Freaking pigeons?

I'm not even going to try and speak to the two guys who think you've got it right. 

Actually the speculation by biologists is that Tigers use it to temporarily immobilize their potential prey "which would be offensive" but I bet you focus instead on the term "immobilize" or "speculation" for you are argumentative. We here on this forum are sharing info and ideas, not beating the bush for the chance to engage in petty squabbles. Seek joy elsewhere.

Guest keninsc

Actually the speculation by biologists is that Tigers use it to temporarily immobilize their potential prey "which would be offensive" but I bet you focus instead on the term "immobilize" or "speculation" for you are argumentative. We here on this forum are sharing info and ideas, not beating the bush for the chance to engage in petty squabbles. Seek joy elsewhere.

Ok, so I don't buy into the BS and call you on it, it's a petty squabble. There is no reputable biologist who has an ounce of field experience who thinks that, yes there ar crackpots in every field, including this one. Personally, I wish you guys would seek fantasy elsewhere. Would that there were a serious forum to visit. 

It is difficult to know what animals use infrasound for, because without special equipment that ties it to observed behavior one can never really be sure it is being used.     That is what happened with the elephants.    Strange behavior suggested some form of communication and equipment was finally deployed in the field that tied behavior to infrasound.      So it is likely  North Americans animals might use it but strange behavior has not been observed or the equipment has not been available in the field to tie behavior to use of infrasound. 

Certainly BF behavior is a mystery to most of us, at least it is to me.   I have no idea why it was used on me.   It was not defensive that I could tell, for something I did not even know was there or effective communication unless the intent was to frighten.      Sea animals use of infrasound by several different species is known because of the Navy monitoring the sea sounds to detect submarines.      The "what was that?" was investigated as to what the source was.    Anything strange has to be identified so the chance that it might be some new type of submarine eliminated.     Without detection equipment in the field,   a lot of animals could be using it for all we know.     Randy

Yes they do, but there is a monstrously large difference between using it to communicate and using it as a weapon. Just because they communicate with it does not, by default, mean they can use it as a weapon. Had you bothered to look it up you would see the simple truth that it requires a lot of energy.........not the kind produced by biological organisms. Strange how all of you run from the truth when it's presented to you.

Sassy cus aren't you, I read the post. Your first rebuttal at post #745 said " Lets review the number of MAMMALS in the "WORLD", not in the "AMERICAS". I suppose hoping people will put their low self-esteems aside when addressing their betters is too much to reasonably expect. DON'T BE PETTY. 

Oh bloody forgive me master, but I live and hunt Bigfoot here. I don't get a hoot in the woods about the rest of the world. I keep hoping people will wake up but it's too much to hope for really. But then if the world wasn't filled with followers then the occasional leader wouldn't stand out.

Guest keninsc

I said reputable biologist.

That is a sensational TV BS-omentary done solely for the purpose of getting TV ratings in England.

Edited by keninsc

Fact:

There is more evidence for the existence of infrasound in a tiger's roar than there is For Bigfoot existing as a biological entity.

Thou protesteth too much

BFF Patron

It was curious for me that Ken quoted me then did not address anything I said, other than telling me to look up infrasound (which he had not seemed to have done or he would have had a better handle on what animals produce it)   and all the energy it takes to produce infrasound.      He forgets that I have experienced infrasound energy so strong that my internal organs energetically buzzed when the producer had to have been 20 or more yards away behind cover.     So the bigfoot that produced that sound was quite capable of the energies required in spite of Kens theory otherwise.    In all fairness I did get the impression, because the intensities dropped off with each successive blast, that it was tiring or something that the BF could not continue to do for a long time.    It could even be that even though a BF is capable of producing the sound, that it has some  negative or straining effect on the BF producer.   

One can have theories but if they are contrary to witness reports and data (which I have) then you have departed the realm of science and are embracing some sort of belief system.     The task of the reader here is to decide who they believe:  credible witnesses with or without supporting data, or people with unsupported theories who choose not to believe something in spite of evidence presented that shows otherwise.    I was a skeptic about infrasound until I experienced it.   Quite honestly I thought people had to have been imagining it, but once experienced, I had to address the phenomena and try to find supporting data.   I did manage to get supporting recorder data and now have bought equipment capable of directly recording it.     I just have to somehow provoke a BF into using it when I have the equipment deployed.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

This is not a thread to be debating infrasound in any way other than if it's a threat to the Grendel hunter...........

The video says Tigers have infra sound in their roar. OK. Point taken. How many Tigers have fallen to the rifle and other weapons in human history? Alot. It's probably alot more effective against the unsuspecting solitary human, than a group of hunters that have a killer mindset.

You have given everyone here fair warning about infra sound and it's up to them if they want to believe you.

Guest keninsc

Ok, for the fourteenth freaking time! Infrasound is real, that is not and never has been in contention by me. It is not a weapon, it is a means of communication only.

It was curious for me that Ken quoted me then did not address anything I said, other than telling me to look up infrasound (which he had not seemed to have done or he would have had a better handle on what animals produce it)   and all the energy it takes to produce infrasound.      He forgets that I have experienced infrasound energy so strong that my internal organs energetically buzzed when the producer had to have been 20 or more yards away behind cover.     So the bigfoot that produced that sound was quite capable of the energies required in spite of Kens theory otherwise.    In all fairness I did get the impression, because the intensities dropped off with each successive blast, that it was tiring or something that the BF could not continue to do for a long time.    It could even be that even though a BF is capable of producing the sound, that it has some  negative or straining effect on the BF producer.   

One can have theories but if they are contrary to witness reports and data (which I have) then you have departed the realm of science and are embracing some sort of belief system.     The task of the reader here is to decide who they believe:  credible witnesses with or without supporting data, or people with unsupported theories who choose not to believe something in spite of evidence presented that shows otherwise.    I was a skeptic about infrasound until I experienced it.   Quite honestly I thought people had to have been imagining it, but once experienced, I had to address the phenomena and try to find supporting data.   I did manage to get supporting recorder data and now have bought equipment capable of directly recording it.     I just have to somehow provoke a BF into using it when I have the equipment deployed.   

I did.

This is a extremely silly tangent to get angry about.

Good hunting Ken.

Norseman,

Has the issue of collecting a piece of a bigfoot been addressed ini this topic? Harvest a bigfoot and remove a hand or arm and carry in for study. 39 pages is a lot to read through.

Yes it has.

Gigantopethicus is a recognized extinct species by tooth and jaw fossils.

Krantz put body parts on a scale:

1) Head

2) Foot

3) Hand

Just seems that if you killed one with a family you may be in danger. Not to mention the difficulty of moving a 500+ lb body in a hurry. Take a head or foot and haul butt.

Thanks Norseman

Edited by Hx22826

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic