The Kill Club

norseman

Mentioning keeping the head, does that mean a "vitals" area shot would be best for evidence sake? Seems to me that a head shot would be the way to go to put one down in one shot. Seeing as how no one really knows what the chest of a bigfoot looks like on the inside....... Would a foot and hand be sufficient to prove exsistence?

Bigfoot, no matter what the heck it is, will have its vital organs in its upper chest. No need for a head shot. Take out the heart/lungs in the upper chest, it can't go too far. I couch my opinion, as I've seen heart/lung shot whitetail deer go further than I thought possible.

Admin

What are you gonna do after you kill it and the rest of the "troop" comes after you?  :biggrin:

BFF Patron

What are you gonna do after you kill it and the rest of the "troop" comes after you?  :biggrin:

Well you might consider a fully automatic weapon............

SSR Team

One of those reverse bungee type things will be the best solution I think.

I would think, yep. Just goes to show you too...unless your mind is already fullly invested in the intention to shoot to kill, your opportunity will be gone before you know it.  In account after account, the man with the gun has that split second of "is it a man, or what.....?" indecision, and pfffffttttt...there it went. Even those who have longer periods to observe are shut-down by that doubt, if they even ever had the intention of pulling the trigger, and most don't due to a deeper uncertainty and shock. It clearly takes a huge investment in visualizing the opportunity, and knowing it when you see it. I'm certain you've spent a good deal of time doing just that. Good hunting!

• 3 months later...

Just an update.

I'am going home for the winter. The really bad news is my mom has cancer again. So I need to be close to her and help her and not working in the oilfield.

I do plan on getting out and running logging roads with my tracked ranger. Kinda of a cougar hunting modus operandi in the hopes of cutting tracks.

I'll keep you all informed in this thread and over on Grendel.

What's shaking out there? Anyone have anything cool to report?

Just an update.

I'am going home for the winter. The really bad news is my mom has cancer again. So I need to be close to her and help her and not working in the oilfield.

I do plan on getting out and running logging roads with my tracked ranger. Kinda of a cougar hunting modus operandi in the hopes of cutting tracks.

I'll keep you all informed in this thread and over on Grendel.

What's shaking out there? Anyone have anything cool to report?

Best wishes for your mother, norse.   So sorry she has to go through this again; please keep us updated.

People have been going back and forth in the kill vs. no-kill debate for many decades now.  John Green and Grover Krantz (deceased) are two pioneering researchers who long have advocated the killing of one to get it identfied as a species.  To champion the view that it is perfectly alright to kill one Green doesn't believe they are a hominid (a species of man) but are apes that can be killed like any oher animal. The following link mentions a 1995 Chicago Tribune article in which Green and Krantz publically chastize another pioneering researcher who opposed the killing, Peter Byrne. 

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/378-john-willison-green/

Norseman,

Has the issue of collecting a piece of a bigfoot been addressed ini this topic? Harvest a bigfoot and remove a hand or arm and carry in for study. 39 pages is a lot to read through.

I would want to cut off the head.  I've thought of this subject before, if I ever had to shoot one, since there have been reports ot them being hit by a vehicle and killed on a road, or shot and killed, and when people returned with means to cart the animal off (truck and personal to handle the heavy beast), the sasquatch is gone.  There are reports of them carrying off and burying their dead which I believe is one reason we can't ever find a body; so, it's importaint to take some body part if you can't haul it away then.  i've thought of leaning a forearm against a tree and stomping on it to break the bone and then cut it off.

Here's an interesting story of a sasquatch hit and killed by a train in the 1880's.  The men loaded the body onto a flat car, and while they were repairing the cow catcher that was bent in the collision the body was stolen off othe flat car, it would seem by other sasquatches.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/418-train-kills-sasquatch/ 

As someone already mentioned you might have to work fast because if you mess with one you might have to deal with the whole family.  I would strongly advise never shooting one at night.  There are some old pioneering tales of men being killed at night shooting at bigfoot.  These guys own the night.

To emphasize what I wrote in my last post about not trying to shoot one at night, you need to read this article where 9 men tried to shoot one at night and only four made it out alive.  It was reported in several newspapers in Florida and Georgia at the time of the incident in 1829.  

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/419-13-foot-sasquatch-beheads-5-hunters/

Appendages are held together by muscle and ligaments. No need to break bone, just use your belt knife to skin a joint and then cut through the joint and it will come free.