The Kill Club

norseman

BFF Patron

I talked to Meldrum about the grab and go scenario. The head would be the first choice to grab and go. The intact thigh bone tells a lot. The way it articulates into the hip shows if it is an erect walker or walks on all 4s. But you are into some serious butchery to get that out intact. As I recall he said the forearm and hand would tell a great deal. If the BF themselves did not carry off road kill the authorities would. I can think of several reports of that being observed. If we could just explain that giving up one of their own for the protection of their habitat they might even deliver one that died of natural causes. But those concepts might be hard to grasp.

The first one to bring in a body might have a pass on shooting. Once the species is recognized, animal or human variant, the species would be under protection and huge fines or imprisonment likely. So the first one gets the brass ring so to speak. The scientist that brought in the mountain gorilla was acclaimed and very famous in I think 1912. Now no one knows his name. Same will apply here. Like Smeja, a shooter might find himself hated. Quite frankly I cannot think of a more dangerous thing to do than getting out of BF habitat after shooting one.

Appendages are held together by muscle and ligaments. No need to break bone, just use your belt knife to skin a joint and then cut through the joint and it will come free.

Thanks for the great advise.  How would that work for the head, will the vertebrae come apart easily?

I talked to Meldrum about the grab and go scenario. The head would be the first choice to grab and go. The intact thigh bone tells a lot. The way it articulates into the hip shows if it is an erect walker or walks on all 4s. But you are into some serious butchery to get that out intact. As I recall he said the forearm and hand would tell a great deal.

That is my first choice, the head, and then part of the arm with hand attached.  I think those would work in a grab and go.  The thigh bone sounds like some serious and time consuming surgery. as you note.  

Edited by jayjeti

Norseman. My thoughts and prayers to you, your mother and your family in the coming months. I pray for the best outcome for you all.

Admin

I've thought about this before and I disagree with the "take the head" idea is a requisite based on practicality. Even though it would be nice, it is not necessary.

First thing is, I think almost everyone agrees, a kill won't happen near your truck, it's gonna be out in the middle of nowhere. So you have to consider the weight of the appendage because you'll have to carry it for a good distance. Norseman has pack animals, so he'll be able to do it, but most of us don't.

How much does the head weigh?  and it's shape is not conducive to carry...

I think any part that produces DNA is good enough. Even a finger or piece of flesh will do.

Edited by gigantor

Agreed Gig. Krantz wanted the head or jawbone because it was a slam dunk way of proving bipedalism, brain size, etc.

And DNA has come a long ways in 20 years too since then.

Meldrum would want a leg or foot;)

Norseman. My thoughts and prayers to you, your mother and your family in the coming months. I pray for the best outcome for you all.

Thanks everyone:)

This is gory, but I think you can see that a sharp knife will see you through.

Btw this is Fred Eichler, same guy that had the Easton bowhunting Bigfoot game cam footage.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kJIrW1IDM

How much does the head weigh?  and it's shape is not conducive to carry...

I think any part that produces DNA is good enough. Even a finger or piece of flesh will do.

I could carry the head on my shoulder or maybe use my fingers and opposable thumb to grasp the mouth and jaw.  Or even better let someone else carry it for awhile.

You could be right, but we have DNA that shows a mixture of unknown primate & human DNA but it's not good enough since it needs a known creature to compare it to; science needs a type species.  So, it's not really a matter of collecting DNA.   If the Yeti skull cap at a Tibetan monastery was tested and found to be unknown primate/human DNA would the scientific world stand up unanimously and declare Yeti is real from that one part?  It's possible but I can envision naysayers.  You say just a piece of flesh will be enough.  I don't know.  Some scientists might object to building a whole creature out of a piece of flesh.  Even a finger might come under scrutiny, who knows.  You might have some scientists come on board, then skeptical scientists will muddy the waters and the media will broadcast it as controversial.  

Of course you could be right about a single finger, but I don't know about a piece of flesh.  I believe Dr. Ketchum claims to have a small piece of flesh that was found on a nail or something, and I know of one other tissue sample that tested not quite human, and nothing came of it.  A whole hand or foot is likely enough, adjoined to an arm or leg even better, and a head a slam dunk.  I think I would really like a head just to have one of'em.

Edited by jayjeti

BFF Patron

The head would define the species. Gigantopithecus was defined by a jawbone and a few teeth. A chunk of tissue puts you in a grey area with DNA. DNA will show a lab that it is some unknown species or worse a variant of man. Some labs might simply say unknown species and leave it at that. If it was nearly human, then they could claim it is just human with genetic anomalies. Then were are you? Right back trying to prove the tissue came from what you claim is BF. But the head with all that it shows, and the associated DNA would pin down the species with physical characteristics and associated DNA type. Science would come look, QED (end of proof) the real fun begins. I would hate someone get lazy after shooting a BF and decide that a hand is all he wants to carry out. A human head weights approximately 8 to 12 lbs. A bigfoot head could weigh the same for a female or up to three times that for an adult male, but even that is still transportable. For sure keeping a head refrigerated is going to be a lot easier than an entire body. The whole body would be very difficult to keep cold because of the size. A 800 lb BF is not going to fit in the bed of a pickup with enough ice to keep it cold. I can just see a state policeman stopping someone because a pickup full of ice has a human like foot sticking out and is trailing a stream of bloody water. Face down on the side of the road wearing handcuffs, you are going to have a hard time persuading the officer what you really have going on there.

I keep harping in this but if someone does get the body or parts of one they have to already have the plan worked out where they are taking it. Winging it at that point with a bunch of phone calls, you will be labeled a crackpot by most and leave a trail for anyone that wants to take it away from you. As surely as I sit here, I know that is likely to happen.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 2

I agree a head would be the ideal body part.  I wonder if you video taped the removal of a hand where scientists could study a hand that originated from a live species and see on video what it was taken from, if that would suffice?  It might be difficult for them to get around that kind of evidence, although I might not account for some argument a die hard skeptic might come up with.  But just taking a hand without anything else to corroborate it could end up being problematic, as you suggest.  Good point.

I keep harping in this but if someone does get the body or parts of one they have to already have the plan worked out where they are taking it. Winging it at that point with a bunch of phone calls, you will be labeled a crackpot by most and leave a trail for anyone that wants to take it away from you. As surely as I sit here, I know that is likely to happen.

This is an excellent question of what to do with the body/part.  I've thought about this, and I think you should drive directly to a T.V. station, allow them to video tape it, give them samples for DNA testing if they agree to undertake it.  If you contact any kind of law enforcement/government agency they might confiscate it and then who knows what will happen then.  The first point is to get it documented.  Invite the T.V. reporter to go with you to a radiology lab to get it x-rayed.  You might also want the T.V. station to sign an agreement to where you can get some of the proceeds from the sell of that video, like the T.V. station that got the original Rodney King beating footage sold it for $50,000 to an outlet that then made a profit selling it to a number of news organizations around the world.

I'm not sure what to think about conspiracies of government cover-up.  Many believe the U.S. government knows they exist and have covered up finds of bodies.  I find it hard to believe but a lot of people, including Dr. Meldrum, believes the government is covering up the existence of sasquatches.  So, as a measure of caution, to be safe, I would not initially make authorities aware of what you have in your possession, but go ahead and get it into the media via a T.V. station or two.  After that I'm not sure and I'm open to suggestions.  What should you do with it?   Maybe contact Dr. Meldrum or other prominent scientists in the sasquatch arena for advice on what to do with the body part.

What are people's suggestions on how to handle a live capture, like if you caught a young one or found an injured one and were able to tie it up, etc.?

Edited by jayjeti

I am guessing that you have never hunted

You don't need to surround a body with ice to keep the body viable

The head would define the species. Gigantopithecus was defined by a jawbone and a few teeth. A chunk of tissue puts you in a grey area with DNA. DNA will show a lab that it is some unknown species or worse a variant of man. Some labs might simply say unknown species and leave it at that. If it was nearly human, then they could claim it is just human with genetic anomalies. Then were are you? Right back trying to prove the tissue came from what you claim is BF. But the head with all that it shows, and the associated DNA would pin down the species with physical characteristics and associated DNA type. Science would come look, QED (end of proof) the real fun begins. I would hate someone get lazy after shooting a BF and decide that a hand is all he wants to carry out. A human head weights approximately 8 to 12 lbs. A bigfoot head could weigh the same for a female or up to three times that for an adult male, but even that is still transportable. For sure keeping a head refrigerated is going to be a lot easier than an entire body. The whole body would be very difficult to keep cold because of the size. A 800 lb BF is not going to fit in the bed of a pickup with enough ice to keep it cold. I can just see a state policeman stopping someone because a pickup full of ice has a human like foot sticking out and is trailing a stream of bloody water. Face down on the side of the road wearing handcuffs, you are going to have a hard time persuading the officer what you really have going on there.I keep harping in this but if someone does get the body or parts of one they have to already have the plan worked out where they are taking it. Winging it at that point with a bunch of phone calls, you will be labeled a crackpot by most and leave a trail for anyone that wants to take it away from you. As surely as I sit here, I know that is likely to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

I've thought about this before and I disagree with the "take the head" idea is a requisite based on practicality. Even though it would be nice, it is not necessary.

First thing is, I think almost everyone agrees, a kill won't happen near your truck, it's gonna be out in the middle of nowhere. 

The numbers would suggest otherwise though G.

Visual sightings whilst driving combined with visual sightings whilst "at home" make up 45% of all visual sightings in WA State, and 48% across North America where the database is concerned.

To me that doesn't suggest that to see a Sasquatch you need to be in the middle of nowhere.

I'll maintain that in order to achieve the objective here, you need to take advantage of an active habituation type situation and take one from a sniper type position probably whilst sitting in a tree.

I'd be more concerned about the potential of others in the immediate vicinity than anything else whatsoever if you get a "bingo" shot on one, and what they could be capable of.

Good luck with killing one, we seem to not have much luck have we.

I’m ok to kill one for science, but if they have double rows of teeth, kill them all for the well being and safety of mankind.

Crabshack, I don't understand the double rows of teeth. Why would that indicate that they should all be killed?

I'm just curious. I also believe that a body could bring about protection for humans who would be aware of what the humans are sharing the woodlands with, and then could take appropriate precautions. One body to protect them all, a male, since females maintain the species.

SSR Team

Ideally it'd be a male for sure, but it's not a perfect world so i'd like to know people's thoughts about if it wasn't a male and if it was, for example, an obviously pregnant female or one at about 5ft or so ?

Soemthing else that i think about a lot is, i fully understand harvesting a specimen for scientific purposes no matter what we think if it would actually be good or bad for the subject ( that's a different argument entirely ) but i believe that highly likely there won't just be a single individual and i worry that it might end up with multiple Sasquatches getting shot, and i don't think that's cool.

IMO, i'm strongly leaning these days towards these things generally being animals that move/forage etc in groups, with others within earshot if more often than not out of sight.

That would undoubtedly lead to problems and a contingency where that's concerned would be high on my priority list. 

Edited by BobbyO

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic