The Kill Club

norseman

Absolutely. The pro kill stance isn't popular in Bigfootdom right now. Let alone being "the guy".

But I have a feeling if you had a type specimen on a slab? People would forget their bias pretty quickly. They would be curious and want to know what it was, what it looked like, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Neanderfoot wrote in another thread:

Hi Norseman. Sorry to take the thread further off topic(apologies) but how do you know you will be able to pull the trigger when or if the time comes? Easier said than done. I have heard plenty of reports from experienced hunters who said they couldnt bring themselves to do it. What if the bigfoot you get in your sights is a female with a baby and is looking right at you with humanlike eyes?? How do you 100% know you will be able to do it? I personally don't think anyone can absolutely know for sure unless they have been in that situation themselves. Also, do you have enough back up in case something goes wrong. Lots of people go missing in the woods. Perhaps some of them stumbled across the wrong sasquatch in the wrong mood? If you already have discussed this subject elsewhere, would you mind pointing me to the thread. Thanks.

To your first point, being a avid hunter and being raised on a ranch, I'm certain I could pull the trigger. Yes. It's harder much harder to butcher a cow you bottle fed than it is to kill a elk or bear. It's apart of the deal.............

To your second point. I've read stuff where a SEAL team would be annihilated if they fired upon a Sasquatch. I just don't think there is much reality to any of this. With that said, a large omnivore as Bigfoot is reported to be, needs to be given respect, like a Grizzly bear. There is ALWAYS risk involved with hunting something. Albeit I think the more major risks are hypothermia and falling than any Bigfoot charge. And some sort of Bigfoot army coming after you I think is ludicrous.

SSR Team

To your second point. I've read stuff where a SEAL team would be annihilated if they fired upon a Sasquatch. I just don't think there is much reality to any of this. With that said, a large omnivore as Bigfoot is reported to be, needs to be given respect, like a Grizzly bear. There is ALWAYS risk involved with hunting something. Albeit I think the more major risks are hypothermia and falling than any Bigfoot charge. And some sort of Bigfoot army coming after you I think is ludicrous.

Just want to add my opinion on this type of thing.

Firstly nobody knows for sure what would happen to elite humans (SEAL etc) as it's never happened so we can't say either way.

However I genuinely, genuinely don't feel that an elite human team would most definitely track and kill one of these things firstly because it's highly likely never going to happen anyway as it won't be government funded ( at least not publicly anyway ) and secondly because you absolutely can not compare a very large, upright primate that has gone unnoticed under the noses of 400m people to any other animal simply because it's intelligence MUST be far superior to any known animal to have stayed unnoticed for so long.

Humans, modern humans and especially those in Western societies, are largely well out of their depth in a forest environment and although there would be a small % that aren't and that do know their woods very well ( like you Norse and others on here ), it shouldn't be any real surprise that this animal doesn't exist in the minds of 99.9%.

Sasquatches would have evolved in a forested environment over thousands upon thousands of years, they would have developed physical attributes that humans could only dream of and they would have develop the ability to blend in with their own environment in ways that would amaze us.

We evolved to build skyscrapers and fly to the moon, they continued to master their home, the forest.

I don't believe there are humans like SEAL teams for example that can just go in a blast one, I don't give humans that much credit, even elite humans, against a Sasquatch in a forest and I say that because of how evolution works.

I do completely think however that one could be killed in ways we've talked about over the past couple of years though, no doubt.

I have no idea what happen after one was killed though and I'd want the best contingency plan known to man to be in place if one or more turned up afterwards, just in case..;)

And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we got company after one was shot.

Edited by BobbyO

As far as being unpopular if your the one to kill the BF, folks won't say much if you were to tell them, "It was me or him/her."

I do completely think however that one could be killed in ways we've talked about over the past couple of years though, no doubt.

Agreed. I don't subscribe to the Bigfoot Army scenario. Are they smart enough to turn back and look for a cousin or brother? Absolutely.

But wiping out a SEAL team is ridiculous, that's all I'm saying. And I'm not saying that a SEAL team could track one down and kill it with their eyes closed either.

Todd Standing made the statement about a SEAL team being wiped out in one of his videos. Not Neanderfoot.

Thanks for your reply and for directing me to this thread, Norseman.

I get what you are saying. No I don't believe there are whole armies of sasquatch out there that can despatch a SEAL team, but I should think that where there is a mother and a baby there is likely to be an adult male not that far away. It woudn't surprise me in the slightest if some hunters have shot a sasquatch but just didn't make it back out to tell of it.

As to my other point, I still think it would hard to be 100% sure anyone can pull the trigger unless they have been in that situation already and know 100% what they are up against, or are used to popping off gorillas or chimps or orangutans, or (shock horror) humans. Pulling the trigger on a sasquatch is not going to be like pulling the trigger on anything else most hunters have encountered previously. It won't be like shooting a moose, or deer or bear etc. I suppose if you get a bead on one at a distance where you can't really see it properly (yet still know what it is) that might be differet.......but encountering one where you can see it clearly and if it looks humanlike or if it's a female with a baby, I just think it's going to be a tough call to pull the trigger. We already have reports from seasoned veteran hunters who just couldn't bring themselves to pull the trigger after getting a good look at the thing. William Roe springs to mind first and foremost.

I wish you luck. I am not pro kill or anti kill.

BFF Patron

What bothers me most about plans to hunt a BF are that they are very much better at stealth and approach than we are.  To hunt one you are matching your abilities with theirs.     The image portrayed with several comments here is that the human hunter can expect some sort of a frontal charge.     When the BF figures out you are hunting it, that might not happen.   I have been approached by a BF with absolutely no noise and no idea it was there, until I turned around a found glyph on a stump right behind me what would have been in clear sight if I had looked behind me.   Twice now I have heard one approach behind me and whirled around to see nothing there.    These were friendly encounters and they basically seemed to be playing with me.     If their intent was to kill me they could have reached me from behind before I even knew they were there.     I have had one in front of me growl when I got too close and then heard a branch crack behind me.     In that case I think one was flanking me as I approached the BF that growled.      If they work in pairs, then a single hunter might be in a very dangerous situation.    You could be stalking one while another approaches from behind you getting ready to break your neck.     The fabled seal team could very well be picked off one by one in the dark without ever firing a shot. 

Part of the presentation of the ape canyon cabin incident was how many times the miners shot at the attacking bigfoot with absolutely no effect.     Admittedly they did not have anything bigger than a 30-30.   But some of the shots taken were at very close range.    The closest was when a BF was reaching through a hole in the roof trying to grab someone inside the cabin.      They shot so many times that night that they got worried about running out of ammo before morning came.      So they agreed to only shoot if they had a clear shot to conserve ammo.   In the morning the landscape was not littered with BF bodies as you would think.        More recent reports where shots were taken, often say that the shot seemed to have no noticeable effect on the BF.    Some of that is extreme stress makes people terrible shots, and some is that they are so large, they can take a hit that would bring down a man.  

Then there is the infrasound thing.      I have experienced it and know from my encounter that it can be physically debilitating.     If you raise a weapon and are zapped by the BF you might not be able to get the shot off at all or it would certainly effect your aim.     Finally,  I think a solo hunt for BF would be tantamount to suicide.  You best have some trusted partners to cover your back.     

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Thanks for your reply and for directing me to this thread, Norseman.

I get what you are saying. No I don't believe there are whole armies of sasquatch out there that can despatch a SEAL team, but I should think that where there is a mother and a baby there is likely to be an adult male not that far away. It woudn't surprise me in the slightest if some hunters have shot a sasquatch but just didn't make it back out to tell of it.

As to my other point, I still think it would hard to be 100% sure anyone can pull the trigger unless they have been in that situation already and know 100% what they are up against, or are used to popping off gorillas or chimps or orangutans, or (shock horror) humans. Pulling the trigger on a sasquatch is not going to be like pulling the trigger on anything else most hunters have encountered previously. It won't be like shooting a moose, or deer or bear etc. I suppose if you get a bead on one at a distance where you can't really see it properly (yet still know what it is) that might be differet.......but encountering one where you can see it clearly and if it looks humanlike or if it's a female with a baby, I just think it's going to be a tough call to pull the trigger. We already have reports from seasoned veteran hunters who just couldn't bring themselves to pull the trigger after getting a good look at the thing. William Roe springs to mind first and foremost.

I wish you luck. I am not pro kill or anti kill.

We also have reports of people shooting them on sight, right up to modern day such as Justin Smeja, who did pass a polygraph test. 

All I can say is that I'm confident that I could pull the trigger. I'm much more dreading putting my old pack mule down this winter of old age. She is like my kid. And when I shoot her, I will probably have tears in my eyes.

What bothers me most about plans to hunt a BF are that they are very much better at stealth and approach than we are.  To hunt one you are matching your abilities with theirs.     The image portrayed with several comments here is that the human hunter can expect some sort of a frontal charge.     When the BF figures out you are hunting it, that might not happen.   I have been approached by a BF with absolutely no noise and no idea it was there, until I turned around a found glyph on a stump right behind me what would have been in clear sight if I had looked behind me.   Twice now I have heard one approach behind me and whirled around to see nothing there.    These were friendly encounters and they basically seemed to be playing with me.     If their intent was to kill me they could have reached me from behind before I even knew they were there.     I have had one in front of me growl when I got too close and then heard a branch crack behind me.     In that case I think one was flanking me as I approached the BF that growled.      If they work in pairs, then a single hunter might be in a very dangerous situation.    You could be stalking one while another approaches from behind you getting ready to break your neck.     The fabled seal team could very well be picked off one by one in the dark without ever firing a shot. 

Part of the presentation of the ape canyon cabin incident was how many times the miners shot at the attacking bigfoot with absolutely no effect.     Admittedly they did not have anything bigger than a 30-30.   But some of the shots taken were at very close range.    The closest was when a BF was reaching through a hole in the roof trying to grab someone inside the cabin.      They shot so many times that night that they got worried about running out of ammo before morning came.      So they agreed to only shoot if they had a clear shot to conserve ammo.   In the morning the landscape was not littered with BF bodies as you would think.        More recent reports where shots were taken, often say that the shot seemed to have no noticeable effect on the BF.    Some of that is extreme stress makes people terrible shots, and some is that they are so large, they can take a hit that would bring down a man.  

Then there is the infrasound thing.      I have experienced it and know from my encounter that it can be physically debilitating.     If you raise a weapon and are zapped by the BF you might not be able to get the shot off at all or it would certainly effect your aim.     Finally,  I think a solo hunt for BF would be tantamount to suicide.  You best have some trusted partners to cover your back.     

Military tactics do not allow for something to flank you or sneak up behind you. On a patrol in a Ranger file, you always have a tail end charlie. That not only watches your six, but covers your tracks. If he makes contact with the enemy who is following behind, he will alert the whole patrol. If he is compromised, he will open fire, the rest of the patrol will double back quickly and provide him with cover fire, and then they will conduct a center peel to get out of the situation. The amount of fire going down range is mind numbing...........comparing it to the miners armed with lever action rifles is like apples and oranges.

If the patrol is at a harbor site, and they are resting then they have a 360 degree perimeter up. Complete with claymore mines and a radio man with combined arms on the other end. If something tries to over run their position it dies. 

A clan of Sasquatch would be eviscerated if they attacked from any side. A clan of Sasquatch would be eviscerated if they were armed with lever action rifles........

I will agree that two is one and one is none. Going out alone is not a good idea and I do advocate anyone doing that. I do it because it's hard to find anyone who will go with me.

BFF Patron

Hope you were not offended but now less that 1 percent of the US population has even been in the military.     My comments were directed at that 99 percent who might think a BF hunt is going to be like a bear or a deer.    You discuss patrol tactics with others,    but then admit that you will most likely undertake your hunt solo, so none of the military tactic safeguards you mention to prevent flanking etc will apply if your encounter involves more than one BF.     If there is more than one you are at an extreme disadvantage in the field on some sort of a hunt.     In this area BF are frequently not alone.         

Hope you were not offended but now less that 1 percent of the US population has even been in the military.     My comments were directed at that 99 percent who might think a BF hunt is going to be like a bear or a deer.    You discuss patrol tactics with others,    but then admit that you will most likely undertake your hunt solo, so none of the military tactic safeguards you mention to prevent flanking etc will apply if your encounter involves more than one BF.     If there is more than one you are at an extreme disadvantage in the field on some sort of a hunt.     In this area BF are frequently not alone.         

Not offended at all. I think the SEAL team being wiped out scenario proposed by Toddy Standing has been debunked, I'll mention no more about it.

Like I said, there are risks involved, just like with any dangerous game. One way a person can negate some of the rear attack threats while being solo is to get up high in a tree stand. Another way is to operate from a vehicle. And caliber selection is important. Don't use what the navy SEALs use............it's too small for a hunting round (M4's not M60). You want something that you would take bear hunting in Alaska.

I use a 45-70 government Marlin guide gun with a scout scope with good eye relief and a picatinny rail for lights and lasers, etc. They have used the round I'm shooting to take cape buffalo in Africa.

It's always better to have a buddy or two, I certainly agree with that.

SSR Team

way a person can negate some of the rear attack threats while being solo is to get up high in a tree stand. Another way is to operate from a vehicle. And caliber selection is important. Don't use what the navy SEALs use............it's too small for a hunting round (M4's not M60). You want something that you would take bear hunting in Alaska.

Both of these are what I'm thinking would work.

A sniper from a tree stand overlooking a baited site for me is a sure thing, and the numbers point me towards a vehicle too.

Trouble is you can't legally hunt from a vehicle in WA can you ?

Oh yah, people road hunt all the time, you cannot have a loaded weapon in your vehicle. Unless you have a concealed weapons permit.

SSR Team

I could have swore I read something the other day that pointed towards hunting from a vehicle being illegal in WA, must have read it wrong.

Never mind.

What was the one I saw the other day, 45% of fall class a sightings in WA came from when the witness was driving..

That's real high.